Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Saints have upgraded from a HG Kingswood to a HG Premier !!
SOS really smashing it out of the park there 👍🤣
It's so obvious that he's a good pickup for us, but of course you wouldn't see that as you're obsessed with the idea that Sos and Lyon are bad while you subconsciously wonder how Carlton ended up with the worst coach in the AFL.

It’s so funny how incredibly insecure Geelong fans still are despite being one of the most successful clubs of the century.
He is a Carlton fan, but he can preach from the high moral ground because they all go 'woof' when an accountable half back flanker manages to kick it over 40 metres.

Saints yesterday, in a nothing game for them against Carlton reserves, moved their draft pick from 5 to 7 and gave themselves a harder draw next season.
Even when the Saints win … they lose.
Anyway,
Blues are playing finals and Saints are locked in no man’s land which really must sting and sting hard for you
Just catching up with the thread.
How'd you go?

A lot of people are sleeping on the saints. Probably a lot of you won’t agree with me. That’s fair due to choices our club made and performances the team put in over the past decade.

Things have well and truely changed. As a supporter watching games and interview. We have an identity and strong culture.

There is so much knowledge and experience in our coaching group. One of the best coaches of the modern era, with assistances with impressive resumes supporting him.

The big part in that is Ross, Harvey, Hayes and Goddard. All bleeding for the red, black and white. Having all nearly reached the pinnacle and only measurement of success. They have come back to help us get that second premiership.

You can’t underestimate the emotional connection for them in this journey and the influence that will have on players development of what it means to be a st kilda person.

Some thing we lost a long time ago.

This is why our culture and identity is so strong. Each day our playing group is learning from Ross, Enright, Harvey, Hayes and Goddard.

Every game, win or loss. The boys have the same effort. I haven’t watched an interview yet from either a coach or player where they didn’t sound confident after a win or loss.

Right now it feels like are in alignment between the players and coaches, football department and admin.

That is a pretty solid place to build from.

I am trusting the process and so far the club hasn’t given me a reason to doubt them.

——

Phillipou will be our captain and win a Brownlow

Max King will win a coleman

Nas will be an All Australian backman.

———-

I think St Kilda and Hawthorn are going to have some huge games in the future. What Hawthorn did this year wasn’t a fluke.

Mitchell has learnt from Clarkson and Postecoglou. Along with being a talented player with high football iq. He knows what he is doing.

He spoke about being ahead of the pack in the future of how the game is played. As the add players to the squad which fit their game style they are going to get stronger and better.

RTB spent three years watching the whole league as an analyst. He may have an idea as well.

A lot of people are sleeping on the saints. Probably a lot of you won’t agree with me. That’s fair due to choices our club made and performances the team put in over the past decade.

Things have well and truely changed. As a supporter watching games and interview. We have an identity and strong culture.

There is so much knowledge and experience in our coaching group. One of the best coaches of the modern era, with assistances with impressive resumes supporting him.

The big part in that is Ross, Harvey, Hayes and Goddard. All bleeding for the red, black and white. Having all nearly reached the pinnacle and only measurement of success. They have come back to help us get that second premiership.

You can’t underestimate the emotional connection for them in this journey and the influence that will have on players development of what it means to be a st kilda person.

Some thing we lost a long time ago.

This is why our culture and identity is so strong. Each day our playing group is learning from Ross, Enright, Harvey, Hayes and Goddard.

Every game, win or loss. The boys have the same effort. I haven’t watched an interview yet from either a coach or player where they didn’t sound confident after a win or loss.

Right now it feels like are in alignment between the players and coaches, football department and admin.

That is a pretty solid place to build from.

I am trusting the process and so far the club hasn’t given me a reason to doubt them.

——

Phillipou will be our captain and win a Brownlow

Max King will win a coleman

Nas will be an All Australian backman.

———-

I think St Kilda and Hawthorn are going to have some huge games in the future. What Hawthorn did this year wasn’t a fluke.

Mitchell has learnt from Clarkson and Postecoglou. Along with being a talented player with high football iq. He knows what he is doing.

He spoke about being ahead of the pack in the future of how the game is played. As the add players to the squad which fit their game style they are going to get stronger and better.

RTB spent three years watching the whole league as an analyst. He may have an idea as well.
You lost me at Max King will win something

As proven by Sydney , McCartin would still be playing top level footy if not for his concussions.
OK i don't have an excuse for Billings, but he was highly rated at the time, and Bont was a bit of a stretch.

In general , yes the drafting was poor. Particularly we got absolutely nothing from later picks.
I know it's a small thing.... I am curious if the saints got any serviceable players in the rookie draft from 2013 to 2018?

Hell, Any decent or serviceable player after pick 50 would be useful

I know it's a small thing.... I am curious if the saints got any serviceable players in the rookie draft from 2013 to 2018?

Hell, Any decent or serviceable player after pick 50 would be useful

Rowan Marshall is almost servicable.
Jack Sinclair has his good days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back