Preview St.Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It staggers me that people still think Longer is a better option than Hickey in the ruck, about the only thing Longer is better at is winning ruck taps but most of those seem to go to the oppositions advantage anyway.

What did Webster do to get suspended? I can't recall him being involved in any incidents.

Saw it - it was what the 50m was paid for. He tried to stick his thumb in Suban's eye.

Mav definitely needs to be dropped, but Unfortunately I very much doubt He will be.
After yesterday's game, Richo said in the presser that he was happy with what Mav did, and thought he played well once moved to defence.

Now, I'm no coach. But did Richo actually watch the game? Or is he getting Mav confused with someone else. Because he was really ordinary yesterday, and has been for about 6 weeks

Savage played much better than Rice for Sandy, but he played a very different role; high up on the wing and across half forward.

Rice, White and McKenzie would be the ones you'd think would come in, as Webster's defensive work wouldn't be replaced by Montagna going back, nor Acres, and moving Newnes to a bank flank would rob us of pace and aggression in midfield.

IMO, White played a better game than Rice, so I'd be bringing him in, but Rice is more like-for-like than Whitey.

Don't discount McKenzie though, or even Wright going back to the future as a lockdown small defender.

Would love to see a double debut with Rice and Freeman for Webster and Weller.
I would love to see Wright back in mauling there small forwards in hard tackles

They've also got that Costanza bloke.

Webster X - Butler
Geary - Rioli
Mckenzie - Bolton
Newnes - Costanza

Someone else will have to engage Butler now - with Webster out
Some chance El Tigre might rest Rioli
Maybe only forced changes - xxxxx for Webster & Gilbert if he's out
Edit: they also have Lloyd

Lol at Costanza

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the team I expect to see this week against the Tigers

Geary Brown Gilbert
Newnes Carlisle Robertson
Sinclair Stevens Montagna
Gresham Reiwoldt Billings
Membery Bruce Long

Longer Ross Steven

Steele Savage Dunstan Freeman / Rice

I can't see the team changing much however with Webster out and with the form that Savage is showing he will most probably come in.
Hate to say it but Lonie has to go , if a small forward can't kick a goal in about 7 games that he has played he should be dropped until he proves he can kick .
The other guy is Weller , must play players in form and he hasn't any form atm.
So bring in Long to the forward pocket , Savage to play in Websters position and bring in Freeman.
Any player to pick up 37 touches in the 2nds can pick up a few in the firsts or they might opt for Rice because of the Tigers small forward line.

Any thoughts - what do you think BT and Gringo

McCartin should definitely come in for Weller

we need to get games into him, he's been in good form, get him in there, he's spent enough time at sandy

I'd love to see Rice in for Jweb too, but understand if Sav is picked first

Freeman definitely in the mix

Anyone know if the Maddie memberships are still available?
Best to give the club a call....haven't heard if they have sold out.....actually haven't heard at all how sales were going.....hopefully really well.......

Mav definitely needs to be dropped, but Unfortunately I very much doubt He will be.
After yesterday's game, Richo said in the presser that he was happy with what Mav did, and thought he played well once moved to defence.

Now, I'm no coach. But did Richo actually watch the game? Or is he getting Mav confused with someone else. Because he was really ordinary yesterday, and has been for about 6 weeks
richo says that stuff to act as an offensive defence of his players when talking to the media, and subsequently drops them. Did it with Acres last week, has done it with paddy, lonie etc

In: Savage, DMac, Rice

Out: Webster, Gilbert, Dunstan

Roberton moves to the third tall role for a week which shouldn't hurt because the Tigers have only one key forward anyway.

Long really needs to find some form because the fact that Weller continues to get a game is getting a bit beyond a joke.

Not sure what we do with both Brown and Carlisle. This is probably one of those rare games that we can use Carlisle as the back up ruck.

One thing - if we don't make money out of Saturday nights game - we should give it away.

Love to see 40,000+ at the dome for the Saints V Tiges live on a Saturday night.
If u can't get at least 45-50K against Richmond this year then you may aswell fold. Both teams travelling well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back