Preview St.Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pace of Richmond's forward line would suggest McKenzie over Savage or Rice. But Savage had something like 24 kicks on the weekend - good going.

I'd bring Acres back in for Dunstan as a straight swap.

Gilbert needs to get up as losing Webster and Gilbert in one go would be highly problematic.

My one genuine concern is the gameday tactical nous of our coach. The game plan of repeat, bombing it in long will play right into Rance's hands unless we negate him. I sincerely hope we have a few plans for this... unless the plan is to give it to Sincs every F50 entry and he'll hit the forwards lace out on the tit every time - that's a game plan I can get behind!

Savage played much better than Rice for Sandy, but he played a very different role; high up on the wing and across half forward.

Rice, White and McKenzie would be the ones you'd think would come in, as Webster's defensive work wouldn't be replaced by Montagna going back, nor Acres, and moving Newnes to a bank flank would rob us of pace and aggression in midfield.

IMO, White played a better game than Rice, so I'd be bringing him in, but Rice is more like-for-like than Whitey.

Don't discount McKenzie though, or even Wright going back to the future as a lockdown small defender.

Would love to see a double debut with Rice and Freeman for Webster and Weller.
Has freeman still got his leg speed?

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

id take rice over savage to be honest. He's done enough this year to deserve a game and we've only been waiting for he right opportunity. hes also been playing a much more similar role to Webster in comparison to savage who's been a bit more up the ground. A debutant might just get us really up and about too!

Has freeman still got his leg speed?

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's quick on the burst without necessarily being lightning. Arched his back and took on a few blokes in space later in the game which was pleasing.

He seems to be playing a Dangerfield-type inside burst role at VFL level, which doesn't always allow him to really showcase his pace.

My one genuine concern is the gameday tactical nous of our coach. The game plan of repeat, bombing it in long will play right into Rance's hands unless we negate him. I sincerely hope we have a few plans for this... unless the plan is to give it to Sincs every F50 entry and he'll hit the forwards lace out on the tit every time - that's a game plan I can get behind!

Paddy was giving Rance a bath last year until he did his collarbone....maybe he can be our secret weapon :)

Agree with your comment about Sincs...what a classy user of the ball.

Steven out suspended and we really should drop Brown for this game as he has no match up. Acres will be in and Savage as a back or McKenzie. They wont drop Brown though.

Or maybe we play Browny on Jroo & throw JC forward.

He's our most accurate goal kicker this year at 4-1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else plays forward for the Tigers ? Who plays Centre Half forward for them ? They kick a lot of goals most weeks , is it their mids like Dusty etc . I don't think I have watched the Tigers play very often this year .

Carlisle can play on a medium size player if need be but surely they have a second marking target besides junior Roo . They have been very impressive this year , going to be a huge task for us to over come them . We play them twice in a short time , if we can beat them once it will be great .

If we make the finals we will deserve to be there with our draw for the rest of the games this year . It's certainly been a tough draw this year although having said that there aren't too many easy games any more . Every game has the potential to be either a win or loss this year. Been a lot of upsets .

Last edited:

FFS the game plan isn't bomb it long, that's what happens when players are under pressure & panic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who else plays forward for the Tigers ? Who plays Centre Half forward for them ? They kick a lot of goals most weeks , is it their mids like Dusty etc . I don't think I have watched the Tigers play very often this year .

Carlisle can play on a medium size player if need be but surely they have a second marking target besides junior Roo . They have been very impressive this year , going to be a huge task for us to over come them . We play them twice in a short time , if we can beat them once it will be great .

If we make the finals we will deserve to be there with our draw for the rest of the games this year . It's certainly been a tough draw this year although having said that there aren't too many easy games any more . Every game has the potential to be either a win or loss this year. Been a lot of upsets .

All our other talks are injured or not up to it Elton Griffiths Hampson Chol Moore etc so Lloyd plays sudo CHF all the rest Small and extremely quick Dusty Caddy Cotchin all rotate through the forward line. If Saints can apply pressure all day and be in the game late Tigers can panic that's how they have lost games.

Roo looked very very proppy all game against freo. I think the knee is really starting to catch up with him now, and every shot that he takes he looks uncomfortable especially the one he missed from 20 metres in the last.

If this wasn't the Maddie match i dont think he would be playing.

Weller definitely needs a spell, Isn't hunting the footy and definitely not hitting the score board so a spell is long overdue for him.

Longer showed signs by taking a few grabs, but he was playing against a second gamer who had 8 more disposals and even kicked a goal against him. I would have Hickey back in the side because Nank will absolutely pants him in the hitouts and around the ground. Billy couldnt even dominate Darcy.

Ins:

Rice (webster) Savage (weller) Hickey (longer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back