News Suns to make AFL debut against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

...i thought they were playin' the tuggers first up..?..

GC have the bye round 1 and were originally going to play Richmond in Round 2, Richmond have since signed a deal to play a home game against GC in Cairns so we are playing them instead.

Gold Coast's team isn't that bad, this game shouldn't be considered a walkover. Should be a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast's team isn't that bad, this game shouldn't be considered a walkover. Should be a good game.
That's what I was thinking - At least it's good to travel first up and get that out of the way rather than meet them later in the year when they may well be finding some form.

GC have the bye round 1 and were originally going to play Richmond in Round 2, Richmond have since signed a deal to play a home game against GC in Cairns so we are playing them instead.
Mmm have to disagree TBH. Playing them first up there will still be a fair amount of 'unknown' about the team so it will be harder to set certain structures to attack their weaknesses! Also i think playing them later on in the season would be better as, being a young team, they are likely to have picked up a few injuries or be suffering from fatigue.

Mmm have to disagree TBH. Playing them first up there will still be a fair amount of 'unknown' about the team so it will be harder to set certain structures to attack their weaknesses!

Weakness shmeakness. You'll walk all over them.

50 percent of the team will never have played a senior AFL match before (not including NAB cup). A side with effectively 11 debutants, one of them a Rugby League player. :eek:

Weakness shmeakness. You'll walk all over them.

50 percent of the team will never have played a senior AFL match before (not including NAB cup). A side with effectively 11 debutants, one of them a Rugby League player. :eek:
Pfft, we had 15 debutants out of 20 in our first game, gave Richmond a 33 point head start at three quarter time and still won! ;)

I will be there for sure. Just moved up to vegas from Melbourne 2 weeks ago. Can't wait for this one. Hopefully the blues will play the lions at the gabba, as well. I'll be wearing my offical match day guernsey, with the number 5 on the back, signed by our dual brownlow meddalist himself!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Suns to make AFL debut against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back