Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact Sam Reid spent 20 minutes of each game in the defensive 50 :)

This was removed from my signature for some reason.

Scoring Shots:
Lance Franklin 2008 - 201
Sam Reid entire career - 336

Funny when I look back to last week when I suggested that bringing Parker in this week as sub would be a good way to ease him back yet I was shot down in flames here with such a ridiculous suggestion. Maybe JMac's earlier demise helped somewhat.

m
Parker looked revitalised. Of course coming in when the Roos had conceded their effort helped.

It’s highly likely Mills will be pretty flat against Brisbane and then improve from there. He basically has only just made it back with enough time to get senior level for finals. Grateful for that as his leadership is an important cog and seemingly more physical output.

So worst we can finish now after results so far is 5th by not winning another game

2 wins and we secure top

Very important win today as we started as we finished last week but really looked in control thereafter. First quarter our disposal was horrendous bordering diabolical but Papley was on from the start and created great infectious energy.

To relax during a game was very much appreciated

Parker looked a new man, wonder how he will go in a full game, or if he will be sub for a few weeks. I just hope he doesn't mean Horse moved Heeney.

I think Parker should start more forward still, mind you Jmac leaves a gap, but I know people wont like there is also something to be said for having Parker to inject as a sub, especially if down at half time. But I get there would reluctance.

Your comment re Papley is telling, against West Coast for instance when he was way off, it impacted the side big time, when we are good, it is usually because his energy is up and he is impacting early. He was very good

If Warner didnt say it was touched, I doubt the footage would overturn it as well.

Also that North goal in the second, great running play LDU, Sheezel, Larkey etc, think they threw it at least two of the handballs, they threw the ball a lot yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Lloyd‘s form worries me, has been very ordinary the past 3 weeks. When made to be accountable by a smart forward he gets exposed 1-on-1.

Jake Lloyd‘s form worries me, has been very ordinary the past 3 weeks. When made to be accountable by a smart forward he gets exposed 1-on-1.
Lloyd is not and has never been an actual defender. It's not why he's ever been in the side. Sure, you'd like him to do better at times, but if he's ever one-on-one with one of the better oppo forwards, it's because something has gone wrong structurally and he's just been the closest.

Not the same ballpark as the likes of Cunningham, Fox, even what we've tried to do with Florent and Campbell a bit. Part of why I think some have preferred a move up the wing.

Fixture gets tougher from here.
Good return from Mills and especially Parker.
Hope Justin McInerney's knee will be alright.

On to the Gabba..
It sure does. The three game buffer we have comes into real play now. We were so stupidly lucky that some of the chasers were beaten by the lower teams in the games last week, but more importantly yesterday as well.

As Sheldricks #1 fan, I thought you would think it was a master stroke sending Phillips to him in the VFL
Ha, it was actually good to watch Sheldrick vs Phillips.

Phillips had the better of it - but I took solace in the fact that:

(a) it was great to see Gus back; and
(b) North viewed Gus as the man they needed to contain, even after such a long injury lay-off.

Ha, it was actually good to watch Sheldrick vs Phillips.

Phillips had the better of it - but I took solace in the fact that:

(a) it was great to see Gus back; and
(b) North viewed Gus as the man they needed to contain, even after such a long injury lay-off.
Gus having the tag was good IMO, the more he knows how he can shake it in the future, the better player he'll be for it.

It sure does. The three game buffer we have comes into real play now. We were so stupidly lucky that some of the chasers were beaten by the lower teams in the games last week, but more importantly yesterday as well.

we have been no more or less lucky than any other team
we've won more games by being a better side ... we built up that three-game lead because no other team has been as good or as consistent
results in recent weeks, and indeed over the weeks leading into finals, will reflect the element of pressure building up on all those teams vying for, first, places in the top eight, and second, places in the top four
luck plays its part in individual moments and individual games, but i don't think luck, overall, has anything to do with us being where we are on the ladder relative to any other team

also, it seems incongruous, but two of our three losses were against teams now in the bottom four ... we have beaten all the contending teams we've played, that's also not luck

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back