Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the recognition of our game in the Melbourne media was disgraceful. This is the message I texted to SEN today after listening to SEN Breakfast.

I was disgusted with the complete lack of talk time given to our game on the weekend. Second vs Third and the Swans answered all the critics who had previously stated that we were not a genuine contender. I was so looking forward to hearing all the reports that would come from the media today. What did we get from your show?

30 minutes or so about how bad the Dogs are. All the Melbourne clubs then discussed and then after two hours Bucks finally says “Oh, we should talk about the Swans”. Waited another 15-20 minutes before that happened and was rewarded with less than 90 seconds of discussion.

SEN portrays itself as being a media outlet which covers the AFL in total but let’s face it – you could not give a rat’s arse about the interstate clubs. If the Swans happen to play in this year’s GF against a Victorian club, we would be lucky to be given 15% of air time on your station. The worse thing about this is that you are no different to the remainder of the Melbourne media.

Extremely disappointed.
Well Articulated.

Much the same as Herald Sun & Channel 7.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the recognition of our game in the Melbourne media was disgraceful. This is the message I texted to SEN today after listening to SEN Breakfast.

I was disgusted with the complete lack of talk time given to our game on the weekend. Second vs Third and the Swans answered all the critics who had previously stated that we were not a genuine contender. I was so looking forward to hearing all the reports that would come from the media today. What did we get from your show?

30 minutes or so about how bad the Dogs are. All the Melbourne clubs then discussed and then after two hours Bucks finally says “Oh, we should talk about the Swans”. Waited another 15-20 minutes before that happened and was rewarded with less than 90 seconds of discussion.

SEN portrays itself as being a media outlet which covers the AFL in total but let’s face it – you could not give a rat’s arse about the interstate clubs. If the Swans happen to play in this year’s GF against a Victorian club, we would be lucky to be given 15% of air time on your station. The worse thing about this is that you are no different to the remainder of the Melbourne media.

Extremely disappointed.
Brilliant!

Sadly will be ignored, but love the message

Wouldn't it be sweet to get revenge for once and not be on the receiving end of it?

My word yes. We’ve never been able to gloat over a team for long. Won in 2005, lost to the same team in 2006. Won in 2012, lost to the same team in 2014.

For once I want us to get the revenge win or the standalone win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My word yes. We’ve never been able to gloat over a team for long. Won in 2005, lost to the same team in 2006. Won in 2012, lost to the same team in 2014.

For once I want us to get the revenge win or the standalone win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. If it did turn out to be a rematch, I'd like to think it would be a VERY different Swans team - as in attitude that the pussycats would be facing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think this is an ordinary call on blakey's game against the giants
with mccartin down, he had to play more as a defender and at one point was playing fullback and on the goal line
he's been less prominent for a couple of games but i think calling him out on consistency is off the mark, he was one of our key contributers for the first six games

Last edited:

i think this is an ordinary call on blakey's game against the giants
with mccartin down, he had to play more a defender and at one point was playing fullback and on the goal line
he's been less prominent for a couple of games but i think calling him out on consistency is off the mark, he was one of our key contributers for the first six games

Yeah shows someone who has looked at a stat sheet and not the game.

Interesting info here, so if it wasn't for the Dons taking Durham, we would've picked him instead of Stretch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back