Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too sure why they have North and Brisbane in and not Carlton and Geelong, but whatever, it is very good.
I just assumed the giants social media manager also writes for the roar. You can't expect them to fact check these things can you? I mean that would take him like 5 whole minutes!

This cropped up in my YouTube feed. Stop-play analysis of crucial off the ball work by Taylor Adams in Geelong game.
Reminder of Adams' footy smarts and of how much work goes on away from the ball that we normally don't see in TV vision

This cropped up in my YouTube feed. Stop-play analysis of crucial off the ball work by Taylor Adams in Geelong game.
Reminder of Adams' footy smarts and of how much work goes on away from the ball that we normally don't see in TV vision

Well done great stuff on this thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd always wondered if Adams had been doing off field or off the ball work because his influence on games had seemed so lacklustre at times. Very happy seeing this vid.

I'd always wondered if Adams had been doing off field or off the ball work because his influence on games had seemed so lacklustre at times. Very happy seeing this vid.
Yeah, it has shed light on the importance of the work Adams does. I certainly haven't seen or credited him with the off ball work he does.

I actually noticed the 2nd example live and, because I have friends who were questioning the value of Adams, I then started watching for it after that. He does this a LOT. He is rarely the one who gets loose at a stoppage but rather sacrifices his game for the guns. I think he makes us a better team.

It's really similar to Rowbottom who stands on the attacking side of a centre bounce and clears his man out of the contest to allow Heeney or Warner to run straight through.

Hi all,

Just had this thread linked to me pertaining to the match review this past weekend. Whilst I reckon anything written on our site is fair game for critique, just wanted to point out that the writer in question is a mad Swans fan. Without speaking for him, I know he was trying to keep a lid on it. As such, it may have come across as negative, or looking for something negative to focus on with the Swans, in an effort to remain impartial. Bloody hard to do when your team is up and about in the way Sydney are!

In any conversation I've had with him (or basically any sane person) in regard to the 2024 season has revealed just how far we all think the Swans are in front of the pack. Anyway - not an excuse, or sticking up for him, even though it sounds like I am. More just giving context. Love watching the Swans, personally. As my team is still a couple of years off (at least... Hawks forward line is a worry post Gunston/Breust), I hope you guys take home the flag.

Cheers
HB

I realise this isn't exactly a revelation, but that clip is a terrific reminder of the speed in the team, particularly when you factor in those players that didn't feature in the vid.

But the clip also highlights the effort, the teamwork and just the vibe of everyone embracing the journey.

Jeez we are in a good place at present, everything just feels right. :)
And how on earth was Logan's tackle on Himmelberg not HTB???? Umpiring this year has plummeted to a new low :(

Yeah, but he has to come over the top of not one, but four superstars ... can't see him getting past all 4 of them
I reckon he will. But hey, I'm delusional.

Just seems to me he's consistent, history shows he makes his charge towards the end of the season and he sets really high bars for himself.

I reckon he will. But hey, I'm delusional.

Just seems to me he's consistent, history shows he makes his charge towards the end of the season and he sets really high bars for himself.
Stranger things have happened but he's competing with Heeney, Warner, Grundy & others for votes, whereas someone like Daicos hardly has anyone stealing votes off him AND all the umps just dying to give him frees and BL votes 🤷‍♂️

Hi all,

Just had this thread linked to me pertaining to the match review this past weekend. Whilst I reckon anything written on our site is fair game for critique, just wanted to point out that the writer in question is a mad Swans fan. Without speaking for him, I know he was trying to keep a lid on it. As such, it may have come across as negative, or looking for something negative to focus on with the Swans, in an effort to remain impartial. Bloody hard to do when your team is up and about in the way Sydney are!

In any conversation I've had with him (or basically any sane person) in regard to the 2024 season has revealed just how far we all think the Swans are in front of the pack. Anyway - not an excuse, or sticking up for him, even though it sounds like I am. More just giving context. Love watching the Swans, personally. As my team is still a couple of years off (at least... Hawks forward line is a worry post Gunston/Breust), I hope you guys take home the flag.

Cheers
HB
Thanks for this, though it wasn't at all necessary. If any site is entitled to a few pieces that don't resonate with every single reader, it's yours. If anything the critiques of that review just show the high bar you've set for yourself as a site, and the esteem in which Swans fans particularly hold your work in.

After all, no other footy media would be capable of, or even bother writing, a belter like this:

Will Hayward on RSN this morning

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back