Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

"I don't think there's anyone who works as hard..."Luke Hodge believes Errol Gulden is the hardest working player in the AFL, but does he need to rest on the bench more?

Virgin Mark of the Year
Luke Parker
I would have thought goal of the year?

24JUL24: Swans Daily Media New

More for the absence of any Swans player - none featured in the best or worst kicks inside 50

More for the absence of any Swans player - none featured in the best or worst kicks inside 50
You know how I feel about Champion Data Ticky, but I don't mind if we don't have anyone in the best or worst kicks inside 50 in the comp. It suggests no one's serially hurting us in that department, but we're not overly-reliant on any one player, either. Although I would like to see more lowering of the eyes going forward AND/OR if we are going to bomb it in, at least bomb it in deep so we can maybe get a stoppage out of it!

You know how I feel about Champion Data Ticky, but I don't mind if we don't have anyone in the best or worst kicks inside 50 in the comp. It suggests no one's serially hurting us in that department, but we're not overly-reliant on any one player, either. Although I would like to see more lowering of the eyes going forward AND/OR if we are going to bomb it in, at least bomb it in deep so we can maybe get a stoppage out of it!
Spot on

"I don't think there's anyone who works as hard..."Luke Hodge believes Errol Gulden is the hardest working player in the AFL, but does he need to rest on the bench more?

I hope Gulden already has this planned, but I'm in favour of him staying on the ground for as long as possible during the H&A season to condition his body to be able to play a full game. But I'd like his TOG reduced slightly during finals, particularly in the 2nd half, to ensure he has enough fuel in the tank to impact the game in the 4th.

If I took my Swans glasses off which is difficult to do.

I think Lions form line says 1.

I think our close losses save us perhaps and keep us 2, lose next week and that changes. But losing 3 in 4 is poor.

Carlton I would put lower because of the 2 losses and barely beating North.

I might go Freo 3 and Carlton 4.

Gws and Dogs coming.

But they won't pay us to do it I guess.
Could not disagree more. We lost by two points to a side played at their home ground which has been a fortress over the past couple of years. We lost two players in the first half and had a third playing on one leg. Ridiculous failure of umpires (all friggin 4 of them) to penalize Hipwood for the tunnelling of Lizzie and then the boot to McCartin's midriff resulting in goals.
On a neutral ground with things being equal, we win by 5 goals.

AFL360 saying 4 weeks for Rampe.

Papley back for 1st week of finals (sudden death elimination against Essendon).
Sorry DQ, I normally agree with your comments but this one is ridiculous imo. Elimination final you say. So, we are going to lose the next five games?
All this pessimism based on a 2 point loss to an inform side on their home deck with 2 players out in the first half, another on one leg and some atrocious umpiring.
We didn't have Rampe playing in the first part of the year and managed quite well.
Papley and JMac are the only ones missing till finals and I feel Mills and Parker are adequate replacements.
Every chance Rowie comes back this week as well.
If we were to lose the next three then there is room for worry but until then I'm holding the faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laughable to see a suggestion of us finishing 5th. Logan kicks straight twice and we are 4 games clear and not having this convo but he didn't so here we are.

I do remember everyone jumping off Pies similar time last year

Can't see Pies or Port beating us. Please tell me this was Whateley! He hates us.

Could not disagree more. We lost by two points to a side played at their home ground which has been a fortress over the past couple of years. We lost two players in the first half and had a third playing on one leg. Ridiculous failure of umpires (all friggin 4 of them) to penalize Hipwood for the tunnelling of Lizzie and then the boot to McCartin's midriff resulting in goals.

Ifs and buts don't really factor into power rankings surely.

I am just saying it's not ridiculous to say the side that won more lately is higher on a power ranking. It doesn't mean they are better , just in better form right now.

We have lost 3 out of the last 4 and they have won what 7 in a row ?

Laughable to see a suggestion of us finishing 5th. Logan kicks straight twice and we are 4 games clear and not having this convo but he didn't so here we are.

I do remember everyone jumping off Pies similar time last year

Can't see Pies or Port beating us. Please tell me this was Whateley! He hates us.
If we finish 5th the season is over already.

Sorry DQ, I normally agree with your comments but this one is ridiculous imo. Elimination final you say. So, we are going to lose the next five games?
All this pessimism based on a 2 point loss to an inform side on their home deck with 2 players out in the first half, another on one leg and some atrocious umpiring.
We didn't have Rampe playing in the first part of the year and managed quite well.
Papley and JMac are the only ones missing till finals and I feel Mills and Parker are adequate replacements.
Every chance Rowie comes back this week as well.
If we were to lose the next three then there is room for worry but until then I'm holding the faith.
It was firmly tongue-in-cheek, Bandicoot …. a bit of a dig at all the doomsayers, both here & in the press.

Mathematically, for us to miss top 4 would be calamitous.

very much agree ... and i still cannot understand, nor stomach, the general sense of panic and despair that overwhelms this board, particularly over the past few weeks ...
it almost seems several posters welcome this vic footy media-fuelled doom and gloom ... it's irrational and almost smacks of disloyalty
there are just so many dumb, nasty and inaccurate posts simply not worth responding to

we remain top of the table, having played the best football across the season ... we have lost four games by a combined total of 10 points, and every game could've been won in the last few minutes ... that we didn't win them will mean nothing this weekend, next weekend or in finals
and particularly sunday against the lions we had very little go our way against a team riding a hot streak on their home turf ...

injuries are a concern and a frustration at this stage of the season, but that's football
i completely trust this team and the way longmire is coaching them

but i think what pisses me off most is that we have never been (well, not that i can recall) in this position of having been clearly the dominant team, overall, all season (to the extent the football media are desperate to find any reason to talk us down), we're two games clear ... and there are posters in a race to write our obituary, yet so many of the same posters will talk up teams that are no guarantee of even making finals, top four, whatever ...

I'm in your camp - we look totally bushed in Q4, but were still able to score pretty easily when we went forward. Brissie should really have won that game by a lot but instead limped across the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back