Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah maybe, it's up to the team to win 3 more and keep top 2

Media won't matter
Yep. I rarely ‘bite’ at the Media…only a couple of deadshits….but I hate this ‘disguised’ barracking by the Geelong ‘cartel’ led by Whately.

And the foolish Carlton crew who haven’t worked out if they play any other Vic side in the GF they’ll be lucky if the Parade doesn't leave without them.

Yep. I rarely ‘bite’ at the Media…only a couple of deadshits….but I hate this ‘disguised’ barracking by the Geelong ‘cartel’ led by Whately.

And the foolish Carlton crew who haven’t worked out if they play any other Vic side in the GF they’ll be lucky if the Parade doesn't leave without them.

I just don't follow it either way, except I like to see where Gerard puts us, surprised he left us one in a week you can justify moving us.

Game happens on field not on here or the media, just win footy games. Right now we aren't.

The only time I will be annoyed is if we win a flag and they try to diminish it.

I just don't follow it either way, except I like to see where Gerard puts us, surprised he left us one in a week you can justify moving us.

Game happens on field not on here or the media, just win footy games. Right now we aren't.

The only time I will be annoyed is if we win a flag and they try to diminish it.

It would be nice to be that tolerant.

3 out of the last 4 wouldn’t say terrific form and starting to limp a little

I think we seen with the pies and even back in the day the hawks went through a few big injuries.

Yiu need depth imo and need to rest when needed , like the cats in 22.

I have this shit feeling of 2015 creeping in

Yep we need to see Wicks, Corey Warner , Hamling whoever come in a make a contribution .

We have potentially 6 shit injuries for this week, but we have to be able to cope

Losing 2 players (2 and a half with hayward) during a game will cripple any side , but we need to back the players just outside the squad to perform .

Yep we need to see Wicks, Corey Warner , Hamling whoever come in a make a contribution .

We have potentially 6 shit injuries for this week, but we have to be able to cope

Losing 2 players (2 and a half with hayward) during a game will cripple any side , but we need to back the players just outside the squad to perform .
We dominated 2 and 3 on weekend

Should have won

Hayward had more impact than he has in the 4 weeks

Should have won

agree that's why i'll be half annoyed if he is out sore, because he played better hurt , play like that earlier and we win .

We should be undefeated , could argue Dogs was a bit lucky but whatever , let's say we still lost yesterday as both were interchange affected games.

Sydney should never have lost to Richmond, Freo or Stkilda they had more than enough chances to win all 3, then at 17-1 you almost wouldn't care about the injuries.

But we aren't and we need 3 more to keep top 2 basically, we should be able to win the 3 home games ,
really Port and Dons too, maybe Dogs the hardest, so it's all on the lads.

If they piss this away ....

Thats partly my point - at this time we have lost one game due to the absence of several key players - by 2 points.

If we go down to the Bulldogs by 5 goals - then by all means call out the Waahmbulance - but atm the grave dancing is starting early.

At this point in time we have lost three of our last four.

Reckon Gerard is doing a King and leaving us one so if people accuse him of disliking us he can point to a week like this. King did it with Freo earlier in the year.

Reckon Gerard is doing a King and leaving us one so if people accuse him of disliking us he can point to a week like this. King did it with Freo earlier in the year.

I kind of like Gerard, so I think him not rating us feels more accurate than others to me

3 out of the last 4 wouldn’t say terrific form and starting to limp a little

I think we seen with the pies and even back in the day the hawks went through a few big injuries.

Yiu need depth imo and need to rest when needed , like the cats in 22.

I have this shit feeling of 2015 creeping in
I think of greater concern for me is that I didn't think our form prior to the three losses was that crash hot, either.

I posted in the General Performance thread after the GWS win - at which point we were still 13-1 - that I felt like we seemed shaky and I wasn't convinced we were going that great despite the wins we'd been getting in the weeks immediately after the bye.

So to me it's felt like not just four weeks of ordinary form but arguably 7 or 8. In truth I haven't felt like I'm watching the best side in the comp since round 10 when we belted Carlton.

I think of greater concern for me is that I didn't think our form prior to the three losses was that crash hot, either.

I posted in the General Performance thread after the GWS win - at which point we were still 13-1 - that I felt like we seemed shaky and I wasn't convinced we were going that great despite the wins we'd been getting in the weeks immediately after the bye.

So to me it's felt like not just four weeks of ordinary form but arguably 7 or 8. In truth I haven't felt like I'm watching the best side in the comp since round 10 when we belted Carlton.

Yeah which is either becomes this great story of a team that held form , had a shitty patch then rolled onto a flag, or the team that started well and fell to shit!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah which is either becomes this great story of a team that held form , had a shitty patch then rolled onto a flag, or the team that started well and fell to shit!!
Both are just as likely as the next and that is what is stressing me. Because it makes me not know what I'm stressing about LOL

What did they actually say?

Half our supporters think we are cooked, people think we have lost Sunday already. Why would the media pump us up?
I just listened to the whole think , it was about when you get the injuries , how many and how long can affect your season. They also said we have the best in the business with Rob Innes who at the Tigers got players back . Seriously i give up
Have you been drinking ? Sheesh..talk about 0-100.

It was intimated that they were on a downhill slide due to it being a long season and other teams were maintaining a better fitness level.

On the face of it, the conclusion is not unreasonable, except its based on one 2 point loss.
I think you need A HEARING TEST

Yes. And only ONE can be attributed to injury.

Hardly a reason to say injury will cruel our season. In my view.

I didn't listen but only need one loss attributed to injury to be able to say it may cruel a season surely.

Geez stop listening/caring about anti-Swans Vic media you lot before you believe it all!

End of the day we've won every game bar 4 ultra close losses, most (if not all) which could've gone either way in dying minutes . Not one whipping all year!! 3 of 4 were at oppositions home grounds and are potential contenders.
So we can match any team and we still have 4 weeks to tune up closing stages and sh!t first 1/4s.
Have no doubt we'll win at least 3 of last 5 games.

F@rk the media - this is our year! Go bloods 2024 !!!

Geez stop listening/caring about anti-Swans Vic media you lot before you believe it all!

End of the day we've won every game bar 4 ultra close losses, most (if not all) which could've gone either way in dying minutes . Not one whipping all year!! 3 of 4 were at oppositions home grounds and are potential contenders.
So we can match any team and we still have 4 weeks to tune up closing stages and sh!t first 1/4s.
Have no doubt we'll win at least 3 of last 5 games.

F@rk the media - this is our year! Go bloods 2024 !!!

Need more of this !

Should have won

Hayward had more impact offensively but not defensively. He couldn't chase so Brisbane waltzed out of the backline kicking it to whoever was playing on Hayward. This potentially helped him offensively as he was afforded more space by that same player when the ball was turned over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back