Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

A rare Matty Roberts media sighting !!!

Side note - WTF is going on with the club's media this week? First no video of Horse's weekly press conference, now a player's press conference with one lone interviewer who was clearly from our own media team...

Why can't they afford a microphone to hand around. I'm tired of having to crank up the volume for a question only to blow the speakers off when the answer comes. There's only one interviewer, she could have her own mic, yet the interviewer sounds like she's asking the questions from the closed window of a bus three blocks away.

Luckily there's rarely any substance to these "interviews". Players trot out the usual platitudes that make up the Swans' patois.

"Any team can beat any other on their day" "The contest is so even, we need to be up and about" "Player 'X' brings so much to our team when they're in form" "It's going to take a whole team effort" "We're all on the same page" "I'm happy to do whatever role I'm asked to do" "We're only focused on the next game" (despite ordering a bunch of GF tickets for family and friends) "We'll back each other to get the job done" or post game, "it was good to get on the end of a few" (follows any >5 goal haul)

Why can't they afford a microphone to hand around. I'm tired of having to crank up the volume for a question only to blow the speakers off when the answer comes. There's only one interviewer, she could have her own mic, yet the interviewer sounds like she's asking the questions from the closed window of a bus three blocks away.

Luckily there's rarely any substance to these "interviews". Players trot out the usual platitudes that make up the Swans' patois.

"Any team can beat any other on their day" "The contest is so even, we need to be up and about" "Player 'X' brings so much to our team when they're in form" "It's going to take a whole team effort" "We're all on the same page" "I'm happy to do whatever role I'm asked to do" "We're only focused on the next game" (despite ordering a bunch of GF tickets for family and friends) "We'll back each other to get the job done" or post game, "it was good to get on the end of a few" (follows any >5 goal haul)
Sadly, I choose not to listen to these anymore.

I get
  • more frustration from not being able to hear the question, than I get
  • info about the game
Post match coach interviews=NO.

King was spot on. It's become about the individual rather than the team. Seen that especially with Warner and Gulden.
Not David King - who only talks about the same three Swans every damn time - saying that

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Not David King - who only talks about the same three Swans every damn time - saying that

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

He actually criticised the whole playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stuff Kingy pointed out with the unused short options on the wings was good.

We were kicking long down the wing, Longmire was telling them to use the corridor, but it actually looks like there are options short and wide, and we’re not using them.

Which allows port to just load up defenders in the corridor (or corridor side of the wider players) without much stress

Dont think Carlton deserved to be lumped with us lol at least they have been competitive

Nah Blues are just as bad. They're a big chance to miss the 8 now.

How can you lump them with us? when at one point it was 72-0 no team has put in a performance like that not even close.

All sorts of records were broken we are truly in a league of our own
Yeah Carlton were in that chasing pack. I thought they were the best of them, but still firmly in that group. So it's not that shocking they've been overtaken by others in that group.

Our capitulation is its entire own level of diabolical.

King is bang on.
I love what he has said because it’s spot on.
I’ve been thinking it since the Carlton game when the first quarter bad starts commenced.
It has snowballed & the player arrogance snowballed among some.
Just watch the post match interviews after we came back & won those games.
The one against the Crows we were on the ropes until Amartey kicks 9.
Not sustainable.
It’s now come crashing down.
We can now actually use this to win the flag. It could just be the smashing we needed to embarrass the players into some effort because defensive effort for some has not been there for the full 4 quarters of games but against Port it wasn’t there at all individually & then in turn, as a team.
This can go either way.
I trust that it will be hard to beat the Pies but we’ll give it a better effort.

How can you lump them with us? when at one point it was 72-0 no team has put in a performance like that not even close.

All sorts of records were broken we are truly in a league of our own

Because for us it's still only one terrible game. The Dogs game wasn't great but Carlton scraped over the line against a North side we still belted, and capitulated pretty poorly to Port as well.

Because for us it's still only one terrible game. The Dogs game wasn't great but Carlton scraped over the line against a North side we still belted, and capitulated pretty poorly to Port as well.
If 14 points is a capitulation, what is 112?

We've had 4 terrible games this year. 3 in the last 6 weeks.

Saints, Dogs and beyond terrible, Port.

If 14 points is a capitulation, what is 112?

We've had 4 terrible games this year. 3 in the last 6 weeks.

Saints, Dogs and beyond terrible, Port.

I don't think the Saints performance was as bad as it looks on the surface, the Saints have been in reasonable form, this week aside.

On the flip side you could say we had a brilliant performance against the Lions marred only by key injuries during the game. We also gave North their worst loss of the year in a stretch where they've actually been quite competitive and winning games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back