Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I had chatGPT open for work and thought I'd see if it could help out...

The response "GD lol" likely means "Good day, laugh out loud." In this context, it suggests that the person is either dismissing the argument or finding it amusing. They might be responding to the claim about the number of times teams played each other and the outcomes, possibly indicating they don’t take the argument seriously or find the discrepancy trivial.

Just count me in as one of the PP.

Dogs vs Hawks - the very definition of conflict of who to support if you're a Swans fan :tongueoutv1:

Very much in the Hawks camp, not even close.

Selwood is the 2nd biggest blight on Australia Rules Football. The first being anyone involved with the Essendon drugs

The fact that Selwood is celebrated makes me ill
Are you referring to the duckwood stuff? If so, I completely agree, the image in my mind when I think of selwood his him ducking in a tackle while raising his arm to draw the tacklers arms up. Hated seeing that, and hated thw fact the AFL turned a blind eye.

But despite my hate of that aspect of his game. There's no denying that he willed that team to victories and had an aura that lifted his teammates around him.

Yep. How any Swans fan could EVER want the dishlickers to win anything just blows my mind.
At least Hawthorns flags were well won.
Bullflogs are absolute last on my list of teams with a fair bit of daylight between my 2nd most hated team. In fact, I don't even have a 2nd most hated team tbh, just the bullflogs and then a bunch of other teams I don't really care for.

Are you referring to the duckwood stuff? If so, I completely agree, the image in my mind when I think of selwood his him ducking in a tackle while raising his arm to draw the tacklers arms up. Hated seeing that, and hated thw fact the AFL turned a blind eye.

But despite my hate of that aspect of his game. There's no denying that he willed that team to victories and had an aura that lifted his teammates around him.
100% about the former but he went about the latter doing the ducking stuff that is going to cause a lot of long term damage to footballers at all levels trying to replicate him.

Bullflogs are absolute last on my list of teams with a fair bit of daylight between my 2nd most hated team. In fact, I don't even have a 2nd most hated team tbh, just the bullflogs and then a bunch of other teams I don't really care for.
Yep, my thoughts exactly

Dogs vs Hawks - the very definition of conflict of who to support if you're a Swans fan :tongueoutv1:
Yeah so much this. On a positive side at least one will be gone and The Squiggle will spaz out.

Will be barracking pretty hard for the hawks though. Think we'll absolutely thump the hawks; bulldogs not so much. Plus, 2016 is when any support for the dogs died for me. Generally I don't like the idea of any team folding, but I wouldn't blink if the bulldogs were kicked out of the league tomorrow. In fact, I'd be fully behind the move. One less parasitical club.

Funny how in that middle segment he picks two teams that started the season hot (Swans / Essendon) and finished poorer, and two teams that started the season shockingly, and then improved at the end (Brisbane / Hawks) as evidence that the rule change had an impact. Complete rubbish if you ask me...
But Essendon were always rubbish.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Essendon were always rubbish.....
That's kind of my point. They were sitting 2nd on the ladder but had an easy fixture in the first half of the year and got found out when they faced tougher teams in the 2nd half. Yet, that guy was citing a rule change as the reason their results dipped.

They even joked about the amount of analysis that went into the segment, which I can only assume is an inside joke about the lack of any sort of analysis.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back