Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

few quotes from the article

“It’s funny to say – we had a great feeling before the game,” Fox said.
“Everyone was calm and composed. It just wasn’t our day again. It’s a little bit raw, and I’m not 100 per cent sure what went wrong, but I think from two years ago, we’ve definitely had steps.
“I feel like we were a little bit more in it this time around. But to put ourselves in such a good position, finishing top, have the week off and getting back here, it does hurt just to not show up again.”

“I spoke to Isaac after the game, he was very devastated,” Fox said.
“I was like, ‘You’ve had such an amazing year, you helped get this team here.’ Throughout the finals series, we did a lot of work with Emma Murray. We were like, ‘One game won’t define us.’ This was four weeks ago and we just had this mentality.
“We would like to win a grand final, but it won’t define us. You always have to take those learnings, and hopefully, everyone believes that good things are coming. It wasn’t this year, but hopefully, it’s in the years to come.”

“It’s a tough one,” he said.
“We had such a good year to put ourselves in this position, and then it’s just that cherry on top. Getting back here again ... I don’t know. It’s a big ground, whether we have to cover it a bit better or win it at the contest? We know how they play. They like to chip the ball around and make us tired. The minute they start chipping the ball around and we don’t defend that, the pressure goes out the window and we’re chasing arse. And then it’s not a pressure game.
“Disappointing that we let ourselves down in the game. Credit to Brisbane, they played a really good brand of footy, and I think since round six have probably been the best team in the comp.”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back