Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see Cornes reminding people who approached who.
And the lesson is, don't tell porkies when it comes to trade with the Swans because we will correct it. Kinnear went WHAM on that one :D

I must have watched that montage over 1000 times now. My favourite bit of footy media ever
It is great but they managed to omit a couple of my favourite things about the game/commentary. Mattner's epic and crucial chase down tackle on the wing in the final quarter and Bruce's call of "cometh the moment, cometh the champion" for Goodesy's late goal.

Last edited:
It is great but they managed to omit a couple of my favourite things about the game.coomentary. Mattner's epic and crucial chase down tackle on the wing in the final quarter and Bruce's call of "cometh the moment, cometh the champion" for Goodesy's late goal.
Yeah completely agree with those. They should both be in. LRT's crunching tackle on Hodge too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is great but they managed to omit a couple of my favourite things about the game.coomentary. Mattner's epic and crucial chase down tackle on the wing in the final quarter and Bruce's call of "cometh the moment, cometh the champion" for Goodesy's late goal.
Re: the elite Mattner effort, I don't know if I'll ever change my profile pic, even though it has brought disgusting accusations of my being a Hawks fan from the uneducated.

Yeah completely agree with those. They should both be in. LRT's crunching tackle on Hodge too.
I still get tingles when I recall that tackle by Matner. Calm, smart and understood the moment - like all great Swans defenders;)

One club president from outside Victoria observed: “You’re treated like it’s the America’s Cup and you’re the challenger.”

But the fact that Sydney played their last home-and-away game for the season at the MCG in round seven and Collingwood play seven of their last eight at the grand final venue underlines the home-ground advantage. While second-placed Carlton play fewer games at the MCG (nine in season ’24) the Blues travel from Melbourne just twice in their last 11 home-and-away games.

The following instances might seem petty, but they are also symbolic. In 2015 West Coast entered the finals as ladder leaders but were placed below Hawthorn on the MCG scoreboard on grand final day with the Hawks also handed first choice of venue for their post-match function.

In 2016 at the grand final parade both handles of the premiership cup were tied with the Bulldogs’ coloured ribbons of red, white and blue. Cup ambassador Michael O’Loughlin asked for one handle to be changed to adorn Sydney’s red and white but was refused.

One club president from outside Victoria observed: “You’re treated like it’s the America’s Cup and you’re the challenger.”

But the fact that Sydney played their last home-and-away game for the season at the MCG in round seven and Collingwood play seven of their last eight at the grand final venue underlines the home-ground advantage. While second-placed Carlton play fewer games at the MCG (nine in season ’24) the Blues travel from Melbourne just twice in their last 11 home-and-away games.

The following instances might seem petty, but they are also symbolic. In 2015 West Coast entered the finals as ladder leaders but were placed below Hawthorn on the MCG scoreboard on grand final day with the Hawks also handed first choice of venue for their post-match function.

In 2016 at the grand final parade both handles of the premiership cup were tied with the Bulldogs’ coloured ribbons of red, white and blue. Cup ambassador Michael O’Loughlin asked for one handle to be changed to adorn Sydney’s red and white but was refused.
Absolutely excellent by Fagan and the other coaches including Longmire.

i remember that, that was a fckng disgrace!
i didn't know about o'loughlin's request ... makes it even more disgusting

Omg I feel somewhat vindicated by this! I said this last year:

I dunno, I remember they had to re-do the ribbons on the cup the morning of the GF parade because they had red, white & blue ribbons on both handles.

That sentence makes me sound like a loon but it was aired on Fox Footy and they were literally laughing about it.

And no one else chimed in to say they remembered it and I thought I was losing it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back