Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not surprising and at this stage, not concerning. Trust in Horse and co to make the necessary tweaks to keep us in our games. Just need the boys to continue to put in and execute. Essentially that's what has caused our 2 losses this year, being down on pressure and poor execution, yet for both, we could've won both.

After 8 rounds we had the best for and against. In the next 8 rounds we have the second best for and against.

We may have been worked over by other teams but we may have also worked out ways to play differently to keep winning.
The whole video from King talks to it more. The drop is about 1-2 goals and is not huge.

He also highlights Collingwood dropped similarly last year and this sort of drop would be expected from teams who are being chased.

The media love to beat up these sorts of things but King still said we're the best team in the comp

The whole video from King talks to it more. The drop is about 1-2 goals and is not huge.

He also highlights Collingwood dropped similarly last year and this sort of drop would be expected from teams who are being chased.

The media love to beat up these sorts of things but King still said we're the best team in the comp

If we dominate every stat they will say premierships not won in June, the club won't be overreacting to noise.

Even if we were undefeated they would be working on improvements and tweaks.
Can only go on what Longmire says but he clearly isn't happy with the pressure and workrate at times.

After 8 rounds we had the best for and against. In the next 8 rounds we have the second best for and against.

We may have been worked over by other teams but we may have also worked out ways to play differently to keep winning.

The counterattack punish defensive half turnovers for a select small sample of the season is 9th though 😂.

Convenient to do it all from round 11 too, if you went from round 10 when we flogged Carlton it's a different story. If you went from after the bye you leave out the close Dogs game.

Can't like every Swans fan . He just shit me when hosting the Skilton awards nights
Oh me too! And not just on awards nights... every bloody where... I don't know why but he drives me up the wall!

The counterattack punish defensive half turnovers for a select small sample of the season is 9th though 😂.

Convenient to do it all from round 11 too, if you went from round 10 when we flogged Carlton it's a different story. If you went from after the bye you leave out the close Dogs game.
Have said this before but the weekly format required of media pundits just sets them up for failure.

Have said this before but the weekly format required of media pundits just sets them up for failure.

I listened to Gerrard Wheatley of all people randomly on Dyl and Friends, was random as I don't listen to either usually.

He made a point modern footy has become media and pundits reacting to things that aren't real, that gets extrapolated or imposed on the situation, then discussed and reacted too, but does not mean anything inside the club.

Think that applies to some of the topics and stats we all see discussed.

Media create a narrative then discuss it and we all get sucked in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone who wants to listen, go to the 13 minute mark for Warner talk. Mail is he'll sign one more for us but likely to want to go home after that. Not sure how I feel about that, hope the next one is a long contract I guess

that'll be the 10-year one

Yeah my first thought was OK but what are the stats that have gone in the opposite direction given we have continued to win (last week aside).

Finding broader ways to counter the opposition is a good thing.

05JUL24: The Logan Signing Articles New
Signing through to Free Agency is the way of most signings will be going. All of these in one spot for reference in addition to the items posted in the Player Thread.

I've got a whole conspiracy around the absolute stupidity that is 'Round 0', which is the AFL execs genuinely misunderstood the NRL Vegas situation and thought there would be no games on in Australia that weekend. Then, there's probably some agreement with Carlton and Richmond, whether written or otherwise, that their match up would always be the first game of Round 1. That's how you end up with 'Round 0' being played exclusively in NSW/QLD even though the NRL was playing at the same time.

I've got a whole conspiracy around the absolute stupidity that is 'Round 0', which is the AFL execs genuinely misunderstood the NRL Vegas situation and thought there would be no games on in Australia that weekend. Then, there's probably some agreement with Carlton and Richmond, whether written or otherwise, that their match up would always be the first game of Round 1. That's how you end up with 'Round 0' being played exclusively in NSW/QLD even though the NRL was playing at the same time.

i'm pretty sure there is some deal with those clubs on that game ... not sure if it's an official thing but i'm sure i read that in the lead-up to the round zero bollocks

i'm pretty sure there is some deal with those clubs on that game ... not sure if it's an official thing but i'm sure i read that in the lead-up to the round zero bollocks

I think the MCG are guaranteed the round 1 game to make up for the fact they only get the grand final every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back