Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

This is peak AFL media

"Inside Trading" article mentioning Peter Ladhams

Picture used of Peter Ladhams:

1725437520762.png

The mere mention of Hamish Davis alongside the Swans .... :p:D:eek::p:sydney::p:p
Actually not a bad call on people we could/should be interested in. Whitlocks, Gerreyn, Davis and Kako. Wouldn't turn up my nose at any of them. Imagine Bombers would match on Kako.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or does this suggest it is possible for every team to get a pass?

I'd be happy with that.

Not unless we have a four-team GF which for all we know is already on Dill's whiteboard.

But flag is a fair enough target for us. We've been faffing around for years without winning the big one and with two home finals no excuse.

Not that I won't have plenty of excuses if we do somehow contrive not to win it.

Nice discussion about our goal kicking.
Sorry KC but I didn't really find it helpful, nor particularly insightful. Their mob usually provide better meat. The analysis seemed to be "if we kick 25 fewer goals we won't win as many games!" The author talks about his own knowledge without revealing what that knowledge is. It's a social media dislike of mine, "based on what I know". Of course there's no space to write what that knowledge is, what it's based upon or how anyone arrived at such knowledge.

At this time of year journos are furiously stacking new content onto back pages, flapping out pages of promises based purely on opinions. I miss the days of data, analysis and facts.

More analysis of the roles of our big three, the use of mids/forwards, who is likely to progress their scoring, who is likely to scorse less. What factors led to Amartey being our highest scorer? At the beginning of the season there were many doubting he was worth persisting with. I argued my reasons why I thought he would do well, including statistical reasons, like the fact that he had so little experience. He was a very junior forward (if not in age terms).

The writer might have talked about his potential future progress, such as the multiple drops and small mistakes that should be further remedied with practice and games. He may have discussed the other roles McLean has taken on which have added other value, the reasons McDonald was not our biggest goal kicker and/or how that may change in the future.

OK, it's a rat-bait article on the one-size-fits-all frame designed to reach all 18 clubs' fans with a single sheet, but most fans could write a more insightful piece on their own club's forwards, with a lot more to back up their opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back