Sydney fans boo Matthew Lloyd speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares board

The dons snatched a win in controversial circumstances, in hostile territory..........of course the crowd is going to voice their disapproval

What was the trophy for anyway??

Why was Lloyd even making an acceptance speech in the first place.........as if a crowd full of pissed off Sydney fans want to hear what Lloyd has to say!!

Some precious people floating around, dons fans should be over the moon that they had a great win, who cares about some booing?

Why was Lloyd even making an acceptance speech in the first place.........as if a crowd full of pissed off Sydney fans want to hear what Lloyd has to say!!

And then he'd be called arrogant and someone who didn't care about the trophy.

Which no one does. However for someone in the media to express that, it would be considered poor form.

I've no doubt there were probably sponsors to thank, and he was obliged.

I just got a transcript of the speech:

"Yeah, nah, the boys played well, commiserations to Sydney, you guys played well real well, we'll just take each game at a time, etc, etc..."

Who cares board

The dons snatched a win in controversial circumstances, in hostile territory..........of course the crowd is going to voice their disapproval

Some precious people floating around, dons fans should be over the moon that they had a great win, who cares about some booing?

Brilliant. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I've sat at the SCG many times, totally dumfounded by how clueless the majority of Swans supporters are about AFL, the rules and even their own team.

Some of the comments are quite staggering.

That is typical of them. I sat at a game last year Swans vs the Crows......seriously, I felt embarassed for the Swans supporters who are knowledgeable about the game

Who cares - meaningless trophy, we got the 4 points, that is all that matters :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed seeing the bombers win...why....because I believe our biggest threat this season is Sydney

sets up a great Friday night game too next week ess v wce..should be great

I enjoyed seeing the bombers win...why....because I believe our biggest threat this season is Sydney

sets up a great Friday night game too next week ess v wce..should be great

Agreed!

Either WCE will run away with it.... or it will go down to the wire. I have a feeling it just might be a better game than many expect.

I think Watson will be given some respect next week by the footy public.

Good grief, a whole lot of whinging and carrying on from both sides of the fence

And then a COLLINGWOOD supporter of all people comes along and makes the only sensible post in the entire thread

Who cares board

Agreed!

Either WCE will run away with it.... or it will go down to the wire. I have a feeling it just might be a better game than many expect.

I think Watson will be given some respect next week by the footy public.

Telstra dome has been a bogey ground for us too, but we have won our last 2 there...

Just got back from the game. Took the wifey along who is a keen as mustard Don supporter. Really shocked at the level of stupidity my fellow Swans supporters showed tonight. Me and my wife were just sitting there like gobsmakked "wtf is going on"
Yes, I am very angry at a few descisions, but yes you cop it on the chin and move on. The ball didn't bounce our way tonight, and we never really got started all night. Not the end of the world.

I felt embarressed by the actions of the fans, but please don't paint us all with the same brush. It really is a shame that immaturity from BOTH sides is showing.

Can we at least shake hands and say good game?

I couldn't hear a word of Matty Lloyd's speech over the crowd booing, but good to see the Sydney people show some passion. The atmosphere at the SCG until tonight has been very ordinary this year, but they fired up tonight and that's great. A bit more passion among the Swans supporters wouldn't be a bad thing.

Can't see the problem really.

Winners are grinners, the rest can please 'emselves what they wanna do.
If I were a Bombers supporter there hearing all the booing, I would've laughed my head off to know it made the opposition hurt just that little bit more while my captain was accepting the little trophy. :thumbsu:

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, I dunno.......

Can't see the problem really.

Winners are grinners, the rest can please 'emselves what they wanna do.
If I were a Bombers supporter there hearing all the booing, I would've laughed my head off to know it made the opposition hurt just that little bit more while my captain was accepting the little trophy. :thumbsu:

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, I dunno.......

Its looking that way. Long live the dinosaur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney fans boo Matthew Lloyd speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Back