Opinion Sydney Swans Academy and Rebuild

Academies, friend or foe

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly don't know what you're talking about now.

All I've said is the academies should remain, that they are not a net advantage for northern states, but removing them (which has not been done) would reinstate a disadvantage (just a fact).

If saying I'd like a level playing field and not asking for anything more than we have, even saying points adjustments is fine, is "thinking you're hard done by in nearly every post" then I'd suggest your comprehension (or bias) is the issue.

Anyway, have fun not caring about academies.
Then going on about players you've lost and making them sound like they were all champions when they left.

It's like saying you traded in Kennedy a champion midfielder, but he wasn't when you traded him in, was he?

Go read your posts again, it's all about how you were hard done by.

Just come out and admit, you win sometimes and sometimes you lose instead of always you lose.

Then going on about players you've lost and making them sound like they were all champions when they left.

It's like saying you traded in Kennedy a champion midfielder, but he wasn't when you traded him in, was he?

Go read your posts again, it's all about how you were hard done by.

Just come out and admit, you win sometimes and sometimes you lose instead of always you lose.
I guess I'll have to explain it to you, I've emphasised some key words to help.

I made ONE post about players we've lost, without any big names coming to us, in the DECADE between us getting Franklin and the 3 ins from last year, which was in direct RESPONSE to another poster bringing up Franklin and the 3 ins last year, making it sound like we have no issues attracting big name players.

The players I'm referring to were all very good when they left btw, not really comparable to JPK. Not that it's relevant to the context of that one post.

I guess I'll have to explain it to you, I've emphasised some key words to help.

I made ONE post about players we've lost, without any big names coming to us, in the DECADE between us getting Franklin and the 3 ins from last year, which was in direct RESPONSE to another poster bringing up Franklin and the 3 ins last year, making it sound like we have no issues attracting big name players.

The players I'm referring to were all very good when they left btw, not really comparable to JPK. Not that it's relevant to the context of that one post.
Brownlow medalists, all Australians, future captains etc.

Trying to make out you are losing out.

Try saying, yep, we did well, getting those players, but it evens out, we lose players also.

I know you are not going to admit it, and you won't take my advice, but you just sound like a sook, everything you post is negative, never positive.

Brownlow medalists, all Australians, future captains etc.

Trying to make out you are losing out.

Try saying, yep, we did well, getting those players, but it evens out, we lose players also.

I know you are not going to admit it, and you won't take my advice, but you just sound like a sook, everything you post is negative, never positive.
You can keep characterising my posts that way if you feel like it I guess, when I've explained the context of the ONE post I made on that topic.

I've also explained that the status quo is acceptable around northern academies, including points adjustments. If that's apparently "sooking" and being "only negative", I'd suggest you may need a dictionary.

You can keep characterising my posts that way if you feel like it I guess, when I've explained the context of the ONE post I made on that topic.

I've also explained that the status quo is acceptable around northern academies, including points adjustments. If that's apparently "sooking" and being "only negative", I'd suggest you may need a dictionary.
Ok, mate I expected this response, bye now.

Regard the Academy Picks as compensation for the natural disadvantage of being utter shite at drafting on their own.

Yeah Chad Warner, Tom Papley, Justin McInerney, Jake Lloyd, Harry Cunningham, absolutely dreadful..

Thank god.
God won't help your negativity, you need to fix that yourself.

And AFL can only do so much before it becomes bleeding obvious that they can't have you losing too much.

Playing like crap in Grand Finals is all Sydneys doing though, no-one else to blame but yourselves.

Now if you want to tell someone to look up things in a dictionary, go look up what by now means.

I will keep posting if you want.

I assume you mean "bye now" as per your previous "final" post.

So it's probably best you don't keep posting.
Probably best if I didn't but seeing as I tried to give you some advice and all you did was started getting personal and condescending, then sorry if I don't accept your advice.

As I said before, if you want I can answer your posts for as long as you like.

You like negativity, yeah?

So I will try keep you happy.

So even though you seem to be the AFL's love child, you get all the help you need, your club still seems to find away to get thrashed in Grand Finals.
Now it's been tried to blame the MCG, playing Vic clubs in their home state, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Your club doesn't really need the help that you get, yet it seems to get up your goat whenever anyone says this

Last edited:
Probably best if I didn't but seeing as I tried to give you some advice and all you did was started getting personal and condescending, then sorry if I don't accept your advice.

As I said before, if you want I can answer your posts for as long as you like.

You like negativity, yeah?

So I will try keep you happy.

So even though you seem to be the AFL's love child, you get all the help you need, you're club still seems to find away to get thrashed in Grand Finals.
Now it's been tried to blame the MCG, playing Vic clubs in their home state, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Your club doesn't really need the help that you get, yet it seems to get up your goat whenever anyone says this
I mean, you took ONE post (out of context) and dishonestly keep saying that everything I posted was negative and "sooking", even though I've said several times that the status quo around northern academies is fine, including points adjustments which go against us ffs.

Do you normally bait people into losing patience with you, being a bit mean to match your own posting, and then keep having a whinge about it?

I mean, you took ONE post (out of context) and dishonestly keep saying that everything I posted was negative and "sooking", even though I've said several times that the status quo around northern academies is fine, including points adjustments which go against us ffs.

Do you normally bait people into losing patience with you, being a bit mean to match your own posting, and then keep having a whinge about it?
Yes, yes he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you were the one with the condescending posts, not me.

I tried to explain how I thought you come across as negative,you never once said you do ok,
I didn't say you are a sook, I said it sounds like you are sooking.

Every time someone points out you do ok, you go into defence mode, pointing out how hard done by you are.

If you can't take that, well sorry, but it's how you sound, and if you want to start getting condescending about it, then go for it, all it does is show you can't take the criticism.

Now though, I do think you are a sook.

Mate you were the one with the condescending posts, not me.

I tried to explain how I thought you come across as negative,you never once said you do ok,
I didn't say you are a sook, I said it sounds like you are sooking.

Every time someone points out you do ok, you go into defence mode, pointing out how hard done by you are.

If you can't take that, well sorry, but it's how you sound, and if you want to start getting condescending about it, then go for it, all it does is show you can't take the criticism.

Now though, I do think you are a sook.
Cool story, enjoy your interpretation of events.

So what you're saying is its swings and roundabouts. Sydney had a very good period where they got a decent crop from the academy and now its quietened down. You can't expect to be getting the hauls you were from your academy every few years. Developing talent isn't linear.

Any player that is draftable is a win. Harris Andrews was pick 61.
just curious...

How many Blokes in that Brisbane 2024 premiership side that are either academy players or drafted in the Local Queensland state league?

just curious...

How many Blokes in that Brisbane 2024 premiership side that are either academy players or drafted in the Local Queensland state league?

Harris - pick 61
Payne - pick 54
Eric the eel - pick 14

If the gotcha is Fletcher he is a father son rort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sydney Swans Academy and Rebuild

Back