Sydney Swans - Biggest cheats in Sporting History!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

CharlieG said:
WTF are you going on about?

The Swans haven't had a 'priority pick' since 2001, when we were allowed to select a player from within a 50km radius from the Sydney GPO. Bear in mind, there are maybe a dozen local football clubs in that area. We got Lewis Roberts-Thomson. Before that, our most recent priority selection was Anthony Rocca in 1994. Now, do you want to discuss the state of origin side that won your club's flags?

If only we could have got some of the SOO players back from Vic sides, what a team that would have been.

Nice though, supporting a side mainly made up of players from your state. I hate the draft where players are forced interstate.

CharlieG said:
Have you got facts to back up your ranting, or not?

Obviously you didnt watch the game last night..... I can understand though, if i was a Swans fans i wouldnt watch there games either.

Embers said:
A Sydney fan knowing nothing about his his club, whats new...

Do you know anything about football??

All you have is a bunch of conspiracy theories and verbal insults.

You sound like a 12 year old who is complaining because he got beaten up by his sister. "But dad, it's not fair..."

Does anyone want to come up with something to prove me wrong, or shud we stick to cheap insults and just ignore the question altogether...

Lewis Roberts Thompson was the one im talking bout, and this year they lodged another request for another priority pick. No one would request a priority pick when they are 3rd on the ladder unless they think there above everyone else and that a different set of rules apply to them.

Embers said:
Lewis Roberts Thompson was the one im talking bout, and this year they lodged another request for another priority pick. No one would request a priority pick when they are 3rd on the ladder unless they think there above everyone else and that a different set of rules apply to them.

fair point.......but AFL wants Sydney to win a flag...and helps them.

Still, look at the SCG crowd v Telstra stadium crowd. I think AFL is certainly making inroads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm sure that i heard bomber thompson say before the game that the ground was hard especially in the middle and that he was happy with the fact that they watered the oval.
hell, i always thought that footy was a winter sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so doesn't it usually rain in winter and aren't the ovals that don't have roofs usually wet then???????????
or is geelong the exception to the rule! never rains there hey!
it was a good hard game and could of gone either way.

Why does a team have salary cap concessions when they always have 500k spare. Obviously they dont need the concessions, they use them to grab players like Nick Davis and Darren Jolly Paul Williams and co when the next contract comes up. They dont need these concessions, they just use them to steal players from other clubs.

Embers said:

Oh dear, are you talking about the school kids proposal?

That is going to be available to every club, my friend. That proposal is a disaster for the Swans and I hope they come to their senses about it and torpedoe it. It will make Sydney the only club in the league for which 15 of the 16 most promising kids in the state will be available to be priority selected by interstate clubs.

That's cheating? :confused:

Embers said:
Why does a team have salary cap concessions when they always have 500k spare. Obviously they dont need the concessions, they use them to grab players like Nick Davis and Darren Jolly Paul Williams and co when the next contract comes up. They dont need these concessions, they just use them to steal players from other clubs.

The player retention allowance no longer exists. The Swans have a 7% cost of living allowance because they operate in a city that is 25% more expensive than Melbourne.

That means that every dollar a footballer earns in Melbourne is only worth 80c in Sydney. When you adjust for purchasing power, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Geelong players would be earning close to twice as much as a Sydney player who earns the exact same dollar amount.

CharlieG said:
Oh dear, are you talking about the school kids proposal?

That is going to be available to every club, my friend. That proposal is a disaster for the Swans and I hope they come to their senses about it and torpedoe it. It will make Sydney the only club in the league for which 15 of the 16 most promising kids in the state will be available to be priority selected by interstate clubs.

No im not talking bout that.... Swans literally asked for a top 5 pick in the Draft, they asked for the pick last year too.

West Coast supporters still having a whinge even though they won last week. No wonder why nobody wants them to win the GF this year. Give it up mate get over it. Yeh sure they're the biggest cheats :eek: That's rubbish, West Coast were lucky last week, Sydney deserved the win, imagine the outrage with the scummy WC supporters.

With Carlton's season is over, it is time for an Eagles supporter to turn their attention to the Swans.

Parrot should apologise to the Swans fans for not continuing to monopolise the Eagles attention during the offseason. For shame parrot, for shame.

Embers said:
Dont you understand the concept of trading???? Goose. Supporting the West Coast Geese.

Embers said:
Its true people. Swans can only win through cheating.

Last night they watered the ground hours before the game to favor there game, the wet ball ruined Geelongs forward lines chance of getting the ball and ruined there game plan and also didnt favor Geelong who had a few players returning from injury.

Last night the time clock hit zero with the siren on all times being blown 5 seconds after it hit zero. It happened in the first 3 qtrs, what makes you think it wouldnt happen in the last

Salary Cap Concessions

Asking for Priority Picks

Knocking the ball over the line 60 times for a toal of 0 free kicks to Geelong

I could go on and on and on here with examples of Swans bending the rules but I think I have proven my point. Swans use every single fault in the laws of the game to use it to their advantage. They play themselves as unlucky team with a disadvantage in order for them to be able to pretty much do what they want, when they want without any penalities. If Eagles had wet t he ground before the game like Swans there would be a National Inquiry, however Swans have played themselves off to everyone as unlucky and the underdog and therefore dont cop critcism and bend the rules to allow them to win games.

Its happened all year, and im sick and tired of it. If Swans want to win a GF, they should do it by earning it and with some class, rather then winning it with no class and being remembered as the team that cheated there way to the Cup.
Hahaha! Still cant get over your 'victory' last week!

Embers said:
Its true people. Swans can only win through cheating.

Last night they watered the ground hours before the game to favor there game, the wet ball ruined Geelongs forward lines chance of getting the ball and ruined there game plan and also didnt favor Geelong who had a few players returning from injury.

Last night the time clock hit zero with the siren on all times being blown 5 seconds after it hit zero. It happened in the first 3 qtrs, what makes you think it wouldnt happen in the last

Salary Cap Concessions

Asking for Priority Picks

Knocking the ball over the line 60 times for a toal of 0 free kicks to Geelong

I could go on and on and on here with examples of Swans bending the rules but I think I have proven my point. Swans use every single fault in the laws of the game to use it to their advantage. They play themselves as unlucky team with a disadvantage in order for them to be able to pretty much do what they want, when they want without any penalities. If Eagles had wet t he ground before the game like Swans there would be a National Inquiry, however Swans have played themselves off to everyone as unlucky and the underdog and therefore dont cop critcism and bend the rules to allow them to win games.

Its happened all year, and im sick and tired of it. If Swans want to win a GF, they should do it by earning it and with some class, rather then winning it with no class and being remembered as the team that cheated there way to the Cup.
WTF are you going on about. Last week must be still on their conscience. What is it about WCE supporters? Are they all stupid, crazy, fragile and lacking in any sort of self-esteem.? A psychartrist in Perth would never go broke while the WCE are in existence. Just wondering if they're all going to jump into the Swan River if they miss out the premiership. Can't be all Western Australians, the Freo supporters seem ok. How do the Freo supporters put up with them over there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Swans - Biggest cheats in Sporting History!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back