Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put Fox on JUH ?
Gives away over 10cm but I guess that's never stopped him in the past. Blakey would be the other option and I actually don't mind giving him a defensive job. His kicking of late has been a bit patchy and simplifying his job to keeping an opponent on the leash could help. The key to our defensive effort will be based on a team approach and stopping the ball at the source though. If Dogs can get alot of one on ones, they will kill us.

Maybe Blakey may play a more accountable role
Given Blakey's strengths, I'm not sure why we would want this.

You want Blakey intercepting freely, running off with the ball without worrying about a key defensive responsibility.

If you want a KPD, you bring Francis or Hamling in.

Given Blakey's strengths, I'm not sure why we would want this.

You want Blakey intercepting freely, running off with the ball without worrying about a key defensive responsibility.

If you want a KPD, you bring Francis or Hamling in.

Didn't say I wanted it. Just musing.

I think Fox will be fine, won't be down there much anyway

It’s going to be a cold day. I’m going to warm myself up with a toastie and potato scallop.

Which is a not-so-smooth segue into this map I found on what people call potato scallops in other parts of the country. As we have SMFC etched into our guernsey, not to mention most of our history, I think we all agree it is equally acceptable to call them potato cakes - so long as we all agree that the Doggies are cheats, their coach is a d*ckhead and that 2016 will always retain an asterisks.
I really can't believe somebody went to all that trouble... They could have just asked me! There scallops, potato scallops if you're being picky!

I really can't believe somebody went to all that trouble... They could have just asked me! There scallops, potato scallops if you're being picky!

It's a potato cake this was decreed

I'd like to see Corey get a full game in the forward line.
Good when he came on last week and Sam hasn't exactly set the reserves alight since being dropped.

I agree re Corey, get him some time in the guts too even, he looked like he belonged .

Though presume Wicks is in to be the small forward?

I think the best bet is putting either Blakey or Fox onto Naughton who is more of a lead up KPF and just allow their closing speed to catch up and get the spoil/intercept. Don't like the thought of either in a physical or overhead marking situation against one of the other talls

Sorry, was a club "you" not a you "you".

Sorry mate , yeah only speculating given his height that maybe? but yeah think this needs to be won in the middle.

Fox will compete and play taller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate , yeah only speculating given his height that maybe? but yeah think this needs to be won in the middle.

Fox will compete and play taller
I know, I just think if we're not going to use Blakey doing or at least trying to do what he does best, you take him out of the defensive 50.

It's not like Gather Round last year where we only had Blakey and Fox, with Gould subbed on. We have alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back