Preview Sydney Vs North Melbourne - A Danger Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Heeney, Roberts, Amartey
In: Adams, Parker, Hamling
Sub: Magor (versatility, OK form)

Or, if Heeney plays, I'd put him up forward, Adams and JJ more CBs (directly on Sheezel rather than a hand off).

Out: Roberts, Amartey
In: Adams, Hamling, Magor*
Sub: Wicks

*If Mills looks sharp and fit, then you can roll the dice on him, but only 1 of him or Parker this week. Taking in 2 match unfit players into an already sluggish looking team, not ideal.

Amartey is partially management. Has never played a full season, give him a bit of a freshen up. Hamling has been in good form for a while, can play a defensive role on Comben, their best interceptor.

Last edited:

We are top of the ladder, 2 games clear of second, won 13 games and have a % of ~141%.
North are 17th, have won 2 games and have a % of 66%.

We have lost 3 games by a total of 8 points.

All along people have said we are going to drop games on the run in, but now that we have I've seen claims of the team being arrogant and it seems some see a North win.

This season North have beaten WCE (by 9 points) and Gold Coast (by 4 points).
2023 they beat Freo, WCE & the Suns.
2022 they beat Richmond and WCE.
2021 they beat Hawthorn, WCE, Suns and Carlton.
They rarely beat good teams, unless you call their bunnies in Gold Coast a good team..

They are playing better than their utterly dismal early displays and have had some recent close losses, but since the start of 2021 they have won 4 games on away grounds (three at Optus Stadium and 1 at UTAS).

Admittedly we've had some closeish games with NM in recent years, but they haven't beaten us since 2018 (a 2pt loss at the SCG) and have 1 win in eleven encounters (all grounds), dating back to 2016.

An improving North, a somewhat off colour Swans, a home Sydney win.

Last edited:
In: Mills, Parker
Out: Campbell, Roberts
Wouldn't surprise me. But also don't understand Roberts sudden omission when he was flying all the way to the bye. Campbell has been an odd addition covering that role especially in Cunningham's absence where you'd think we'd be relying on Roberts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your beef with Campbell? He's been solid enough the past two weeks and contributed a goal in each. Wicks making way for Parker (not this week) makes more sense structurally.
Between Roberts and Campbell it feels like they're both a little lost and something needs to give if you're going to bring in Mills. All 3 can play the same role

Wicks is playing his role. He can do better but he's bringing his part to the table

FWIW, what I would do...

Campbell stays in.
Mills in for Roberts down back.
Fox forwards in Adams' place.
Keep Adams as sub.

I think this would kinda tick every box that we want ticked with those players.

• Campbell gets another chance to build on some decent (if unremarkable) form.
  • Mills strengthens our back-line.
  • Roberts can continue getting match fitness getting full VFL games.
  • Fox adds some much-needed forward 50 pressure.
  • Adams can continue to be managed.
  • Worst comes to worst, we have two players (Mills & Adams) who can be injected into the midfield late in games.

I also like the flexibility of this because if, say, Mills is needed in the mids, Fox can swing back into defence and Adams can take Fox's place forward. If Mills is needed down back, Adams can go into the mids and we still have Fox there in the forward line.

If Heeney's out, then we go with those three all starting and make Roberts or even Parker sub.

**** this coaching stuff is easy as.

Between Roberts and Campbell it feels like they're both a little lost and something needs to give if you're going to bring in Mills. All 3 can play the same role

Wicks is playing his role. He can do better but he's bringing his part to the table
Certainly wouldn't be dropping Campbell after showing the rest of the team how to use the ball and some good tackling too. Just as he's looking more at home, despite not having a fixed role.

I come in peace.

Anyone know whether Mills has been training with defenders or mids?

Your midfield was killing it for so much of the year, so I'm just curious whether he'll deployed as a roleplayer elsewhere. Or maybe Horse'll decide its time to tweak the division of labour in the coalface. Suppose in the short-term it could depend on whether Heeney's appeal gets up.

See y'all on the weekend. Hopefully its a cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back