Preview Sydney Vs North Melbourne - A Danger Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something not quite right with young Roberts …

Out: Roberts
İn: Mills
(perhaps switch sub to Fox or Campbell??)

PS. Will be very interesting to see what Horse does with Parker 🤔

If you're offering.

I'm happy to be reminded of how sharp he looked coming on as a sub.

And how diabolical we looked inside before he came on. Plays a full game and we play better

Given Mills is a definite return that will be hard to achieve.
If it were up to me I'd go in unchanged. I'm aware of Mills. Id opt for him to come back via VFL.

I don't like shuffling around a team too much. When we got the top 2 locked up, sure, rest players. But punishing players for being quiet or screwing up is bad news imo.

IN: Mills, Parker, McAndrew, Hamling, Sheldrick
Out: Heeney (rested), Rowbottom (rested), Grundy (rested), McLean, Gulden (rested)

Campbell to play Gulden's role popping up all over to transition the ball into attack. Parker up forward to take Heeney's. Sheldrick to take on Rowbottom's role. Mills rotating between defense and midfield.

We would have 4 guys desperate to do well to have a chance to keep playing in the team and some kind of chance to be rewarded if they did so.

Happy to let Amartey, McDonald and even Fox chop out in the ruck at times.

I'd pay to see that game, even if it's not going to happen.

Something not quite right with young Roberts …

Out: Roberts
İn: Mills
(perhaps switch sub to Fox or Campbell??)

PS. Will be very interesting to see what Horse does with Parker 🤔
Seems like he's not playing given they announced Mills is, but not him.

Maybe he'll play if Heeney is suspended.

I'd keep Campbell in as he's improving with his game time recently, and I love Fox - he's got to stay, his speed helps us in so many ways (the goal last week being a prime and obvious example, but the way he can motor out of trouble, reverse the ball and get us attacking out the other side - vital.)

Don't see any need for Gulden to be rested.
Cause he runs a near marathon every week and is still a young player?

Anyways it's unlikely Horse changes from running Swans into the ground before finals - done it every year for 19 of the last 20.

Rampe mccartin Florent
Mills melican Blakey
Heeney warner gulden
McInerney McLean Hayward
Papley amartey McDonald
Grundy Rowbottom Adams
Campbell Jordon Mitchell Lloyd

Sub Cleary

Don't see any need for Gulden to be rested.
Love Gulden and this is not a knock on him but he plays one of the more bruise-free roles in the team. One of the hardest workers for sure, but his game is fitness-based, so as long as his fitness hasn't suffered in any way (why would it?) then he should have comparatively little wear and tear at this stage of the season.

Love Gulden and this is not a knock on him but he plays one of the more bruise-free roles in the team. One of the hardest workers for sure, but his game is fitness-based, so as long as his fitness hasn't suffered in any way (why would it?) then he should have comparatively little wear and tear at this stage of the season.

He kicks the ball so damn much there is a ton of wear and tear on these legs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

amongst a bye, an omission and being sub - seems more than just managed.
They've invested a top 5 pick in Campbell and are giving him every opportunity to develop while the team is winning.
He's been playing better last few weeks, no?

Roberts the obvious casualty of the decision to give Campbell a run.
Still time for Roberts to develop his game, hes' been good, but a couple of years younger and probably considered about 25th-ish on our list when it's fully fit.

IN: Mills, Parker, McAndrew, Hamling, Sheldrick
Out: Heeney (rested), Rowbottom (rested), Grundy (rested), McLean, Gulden (rested)

Campbell to play Gulden's role popping up all over to transition the ball into attack. Parker up forward to take Heeney's. Sheldrick to take on Rowbottom's role. Mills rotating between defense and midfield.

We would have 4 guys desperate to do well to have a chance to keep playing in the team and some kind of chance to be rewarded if they did so.

Happy to let Amartey, McDonald and even Fox chop out in the ruck at times.

I'd pay to see that game, even if it's not going to happen.

Not even sure where to start.

Hamling in has some merit, not for McLean our main backup ruck though (especially since we'd be rucking McAndrew). If Grundy gets a rest, it's Ladhams in or simply have to play McLean as well.

Not sure the solution to lack of 4 qtr effort is to bring in 3 guys off injury/suspension layoffs.

Don't think Gulden or Rowy need a rest, but Heeney up forward and maybe managing Blakey at some point is worth it. Roberts didn't look right either

Agree on using Campbell in a bigger role though.

Cause he runs a near marathon every week and is still a young player?

Anyways it's unlikely Horse changes from running Swans into the ground before finals - done it every year for 19 of the last 20.

So give him more bench time in games?

FWIW, what I would do...

Campbell stays in.
Mills in for Roberts down back.
Fox forwards in Adams' place.
Keep Adams as sub.

I think this would kinda tick every box that we want ticked with those players.

• Campbell gets another chance to build on some decent (if unremarkable) form.
  • Mills strengthens our back-line.
  • Roberts can continue getting match fitness getting full VFL games.
  • Fox adds some much-needed forward 50 pressure.
  • Adams can continue to be managed.
  • Worst comes to worst, we have two players (Mills & Adams) who can be injected into the midfield late in games.

I also like the flexibility of this because if, say, Mills is needed in the mids, Fox can swing back into defence and Adams can take Fox's place forward. If Mills is needed down back, Adams can go into the mids and we still have Fox there in the forward line.

If Heeney's out, then we go with those three all starting and make Roberts or even Parker sub.

**** this coaching stuff is easy as.

Parker will need a full game somewhere I would think. More likely in the VFL it seems. Seems an ideal Heeney replacement if needed though.
Hamling has to come in for one of Mclean or Amartey...personally I'd drop Mclean and go with the more mobile forwards look. But if Amartey needs a rest that would be fine too. If Hamling does well could give Mclean a rest next week.

I come in peace.

Anyone know whether Mills has been training with defenders or mids?

Your midfield was killing it for so much of the year, so I'm just curious whether he'll deployed as a roleplayer elsewhere. Or maybe Horse'll decide its time to tweak the division of labour in the coalface. Suppose in the short-term it could depend on whether Heeney's appeal gets up.

See y'all on the weekend. Hopefully its a cracker.
Was down at training today and pretty sure he's playing forward and giving a chop-out in the ruck this week.

Not even sure where to start.

Hamling in has some merit, not for McLean our main backup ruck though (especially since we'd be rucking McAndrew). If Grundy gets a rest, it's Ladhams in or simply have to play McLean as well.

Not sure the solution to lack of 4 qtr effort is to bring in 3 guys off injury/suspension layoffs.

Don't think Gulden or Rowy need a rest, but Heeney up forward and maybe managing Blakey at some point is worth it. Roberts didn't look right either

Agree on using Campbell in a bigger role though.
I think back up ruck is over rated. Not playing Gawn this weekend, but a smaller, mobile Xerri. Amartey/McDOnald/Fxx combo can take 3 or 4 each.

Yeah I don't expect those changes to happen, just that I'd love to see it as a spectacle. Parker, Hamling and Sheldrick especially would know they've got one chance to impress. It'd be ferocious.

The three I would think most need a rest would be Grundy, Heeney & Rowbottom.

Unfortunately they're also the three I think we can least afford to be without in a game.
Grundy, Heeney, Blakey have been the most banged up, looked sore at times.

Hopefully Ladhams is back this week so he can show something and allow Grundy a break in the one of the next few.

Heeney up forward this week for me.

Blakey could as well at times, can play both Fox and Mills down back. Or just rest him.

Grundy, Heeney, Blakey have been the most banged up, looked sore at times.

Hopefully Ladhams is back this week so he can show something and allow Grundy a break in the one of the next few.

Heeney up forward this week for me.

Blakey could as well at times, can play both Fox and Mills down back. Or just rest him.
Grundy doesn't like breaks/rests. He likes playing.

I come in peace.

Anyone know whether Mills has been training with defenders or mids?

Your midfield was killing it for so much of the year, so I'm just curious whether he'll deployed as a roleplayer elsewhere. Or maybe Horse'll decide its time to tweak the division of labour in the coalface. Suppose in the short-term it could depend on whether Heeney's appeal gets up.

See y'all on the weekend. Hopefully its a cracker.
Nice try Clarko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back