Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The crows would be stupid not to trade 4 down and grab two players given the spread of talent in the draft and their list..

But what would be even more stupid would be trading pick 4 down to 7 and 15 with the tigers prior to the dawson trade going through because all it would achieve is sydney asking for 15..

For all we, and the media dicks, know… Riedy couldve been bullshitting today regarding trading 4 down… and might have already had a nod and wink agreement with the tigers that we’ll do it straight after the dawson deal goes through..

Bit like we did with charlie cameron and the gibbs trade..

The crows would be stupid not to trade 4 down and grab two players given the spread of talent in the draft and their list..

But what would be even more stupid would be trading pick 4 down to 7 and 15 with the tigers prior to the dawson trade going through because all it would achieve is sydney asking for 15..

For all we, and the media dicks, know… Riedy couldve been bullshitting today regarding trading 4 down… and might have already had a nod and wink agreement with the tigers that we’ll do it straight after the dawson deal goes through..

I like your thinking on this..had not thought of it that way

If Richmond believe pick 4 is more valuable than pick 7 and 15 I'd be inclined to agree with them

The media are holding onto anything anyone says.

We would be mad to declare our whole hand before trade week has started.

Reidy is slowly learning his lesson.

I like your thinking on this..had not thought of it that way
It would make a lot of sense.. 7 and 15 would be a hell of a lot more valuable to the crows with their current list whilst pick 4 would get the tigers a hit at Hobbs or callaghan which would be very valuable to theirs..

If the swans got even the tiniest of sniffs that this is a trade that is on the table between tigers and crows they’ll instantly hold out to the very last possible moment with the dawson trade with the thought of that pick 15 in mind..

Reid today emphatically ruling out trading down pick 4 couldve just been a massive smokescreen…

Gezz, I love trade time.. the intrigue/mind games/plots are fun to speculate over..

If Richmond believe pick 4 is more valuable than pick 7 and 15 I'd be inclined to agree with them
A callaghan or a hobbs would be great for the tigers at this point…

One of those two would also be great for the crows… but… a erasmus/goater at 7 plus a Wanganeen Milera type (or something else) at 15 would be better for us given we have a few holes to fill..

Trading down to 7 and 15 would be a mistake. a top 5 pick doesn't grow on trees and we should absolutely not be throwing that away

Trading down to 7 and 15 would be a mistake. a top 5 pick doesn't grow on trees and we should absolutely not be throwing that away
Sure… but what happens if JHF goes to north… finn c goes to GWS… hobbs gets picked by the suns (or a club that does a deal for the suns pick 3) and then the next 4-10 available players are all pretty even and what we can grab/or what we want at 4.. we could actually grab at 7?....

I think most clubs would be looking at lining up potential draft night trades so the trigger can be pulled at short notice. Any deal with the Tigers would be in that category. Not just to keep a pick away from Sydney, but because you don't do it until you know the lie of the land.

This year and next year first rounder, for Pick 1 and second rounder next year.

Would we do it?

Would North do it?
Nope..

This years and next years 1st plus a player for 1 with nothing else coming back is probably closer.. and probably still wouldnt get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A callaghan or a hobbs would be great for the tigers at this point…

One of those two would also be great for the crows… but… a erasmus/goater at 7 plus a Wanganeen Milera type (or something else) at 15 would be better for us given we have a few holes to fill..

I couldn't think of a player we need less than a Wanganeen Milera at the moment. Maybe a key defender.

Really, we aren't in need of a quantity of youth and we can fill out holes later on in the draft, especially as small forward/rucks aren't taken early (usually). It's a year where you grab the best prospect that you can retain and fits your system early for us.

I think most clubs would be looking at lining up potential draft night trades so the trigger can be pulled at short notice. Any deal with the Tigers would be in that category. Not just to keep a pick away from Sydney, but because you don't do it until you know the lie of the land.
True.. but like i said.. if the swans got even a sniff that this could be a gentlemans agreement between the tigers and the crows at this point they might bring it up during trade discussions over dawson

Sort of a “We heard you and the tigers have an agreement to swap 4 for 7 and 15… so why not get that deal done now and give us 15 Reidy.. off you go.. come back when you have 15 and we’ll talk”…

it would all just end up complicating things with the dawson trade at this point in time if Reidy gave even the tiniest sign that 4 could be up for discussions..

True.. but like i said.. if the swans got even a sniff that this could be a gentlemans agreement between the tigers and the crows at this point they might bring it up during trade discussions over dawson

Sort of a “We heard you and the tigers have an agreement to swap 4 for 7 and 15… so why not get that deal done now and give us 15 Reidy.. off you go.. come back when you have 15 and we’ll talk”…

it would all just end up complicating things with the dawson trade at this point in time if Reidy gave even the tiniest sign that 4 could be up for discussions..
Knowing the Crows, we will botch this and get the deal done with the Tigers before the Dawson trade.

Nothing could be more certain, except a Power Failure in a Prelim.

That's a good point, could be something that we agree to in principle to happen on draft night if the Tigers target is still on the board once our pick comes around. You would think that they are keen to get a pick in front of the Hawks as they are likely both interested in the same player.

I couldn't think of a player we need less than a Wanganeen Milera at the moment. Maybe a key defender.

Really, we aren't in need of a quantity of youth and we can fill out holes later on in the draft, especially as small forward/rucks aren't taken early (usually). It's a year where you grab the best prospect that you can retain and fits your system early for us.
I did write “or something else” in brackets behind his name for people not keen on W-M.. you could just insert the player you’d like to take at 15 instead…

39 games into the rebuild? I thought the club previously tried to fool us into thinking 2018 and 2019 were rebuild years :think:
Reid was backtracking saying the half way through a rebuild comment was incorrect...

You need to let this go, we are not getting JHF or Rankine............................... this year.
He took the blue pill

jason-or-no-jason-gif.1249189

Knowing the Crows, we will botch this and get the deal done with the Tigers before the Dawson trade.

Nothing could be more certain, except a Power Failure in a Prelim.
Yep.. we do have an uncanny knack of stuffing things up…

but we did it the right way around with the gibbs and then charlie cameron trades.. guaranteed if we hadve traded charlie first that SOS wouldve demanded 10 and 12 for gibbs instead of 10 and 16..

i think we’ve definately improved and have obviously learnt to keep our cards close to our chests…. although the Brad crouch “bluff” attempt last year was ludicrous!..

Even if we have an agreement to possibly do that trade with RFC, they'd want that to occur on draft night as, say they're after Callaghan or Hobbs, they'd want to wait until it's our pick at 4* and their player is there before they pull the trigger.

*subject to bids

Midfielders are our first and second most critical need, without question.

Probably third and fourth as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back