Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't think of a player we need less than a Wanganeen Milera at the moment. Maybe a key defender.

Really, we aren't in need of a quantity of youth and we can fill out holes later on in the draft, especially as small forward/rucks aren't taken early (usually). It's a year where you grab the best prospect that you can retain and fits your system early for us.
I mean he's a fantastic kick, you can't have too many of those

It would make a lot of sense.. 7 and 15 would be a hell of a lot more valuable to the crows with their current list whilst pick 4 would get the tigers a hit at Hobbs or callaghan which would be very valuable to theirs..

If the swans got even the tiniest of sniffs that this is a trade that is on the table between tigers and crows they’ll instantly hold out to the very last possible moment with the dawson trade with the thought of that pick 15 in mind..

Reid today emphatically ruling out trading down pick 4 couldve just been a massive smokescreen…

Gezz, I love trade time.. the intrigue/mind games/plots are fun to speculate over..
do they mean 9 & 17?

I couldn't think of a player we need less than a Wanganeen Milera at the moment. Maybe a key defender.

Really, we aren't in need of a quantity of youth and we can fill out holes later on in the draft, especially as small forward/rucks aren't taken early (usually). It's a year where you grab the best prospect that you can retain and fits your system early for us.
Oh…shame you haven’t seen him play.

Even if we have an agreement to possibly do that trade with RFC, they'd want that to occur on draft night as, say they're after Callaghan or Hobbs, they'd want to wait until it's our pick at 4* and their player is there before they pull the trigger.

*subject to bids
If they waited that long, then the price of Pick 4, surely would have to rise?

Reid was backtracking saying the half way through a rebuild comment was incorrect...

whatbhe said was perfectly fine. He said that rebuilds normally require 4 years of going to the draft and that we'd been t9 the draft in 18 and 19, so have 2 years of drafting under the belt. He never said we were half way through the rebuild.

If they waited that long, then the price of Pick 4, surely would have to rise?
I suppose the wheeling-dealing could continue all the way up to our pick but remember they only have about 5mins to agree and put the deal in to AFL we it's our pick.

Of course, they might also have a possible deal nutted out with GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose the wheeling-dealing could continue all the way up to our pick but remember they only have about 5mins to agree and put the deal in to AFL we it's our pick.

I presume the fine details may have been discussed beforehand? Not just on draft night?

So that a complicated deal with just 5 mins to go has already been thought about beforehand?

If Callaghan is there at 3 I expect Gold Coast to trade out with Richmond and not us.

I presume the fine details may have been discussed beforehand? Not just on draft night?

So that a complicated deal with just 5 mins to go has already been thought about beforehand?
Yeah, would think so - any interested parties would have been in discussions beforehand.

Doubt any club would come in cold with a panic offer at the last minute but could be profitable for us if it did.

Yeah, would think so - any interested parties would have been in discussions beforehand.

Doubt any club would come in cold with a panic offer at the last minute but could be profitable for us if it did.
If its last minute, the only way the deal would get over the line is if it is overs and all likelihood the player we want will be there later with our next pick.

If its last minute, the only way the deal would get over the line is if it is overs and all likelihood the player we want will be there later with our next pick.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking - would be rash of the other club but probably unlikely now that SOS is not in the game anymore :laughv1:

Still, something like that could put clubs like RFC's noses out of joint and not forgotten.

While we're reminiscing, does anyone know what has happened to mistylake? He was posting from Indonesia, but zip lately. Have the Mullahs disabled his BF account due to politically-incorrect posting?

Are they this user:

1632923067586.png

Given that user name is a direct translation of Mistylake in Indonesian.

To what though? They have already a full list of contracted ayer, they only need 1 pick this year and something for 2022.
They are looking to trade out a couple of contracted players, any other picks they will look to push into 2022.

So yeah, if you are them and only making 2-3 picks, and they have 19, why wouldn’t you use them?

More 2021 picks are useless to them. I reckon that they are a Monty to trade out 19 on the night for a pick next year, that’s almost a certainty.

They are looking to trade out a couple of contracted players, any other picks they will look to push into 2022.

So yeah, if you are them and only making 2-3 picks, and they have 19, why wouldn’t you use them?

More 2021 picks are useless to them. I reckon that they are a Monty to trade out 19 on the night for a pick next year, that’s almost a certainty.
Pretty sure the AFL has banned them to trade pick 19, they must use it this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back