Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talia planning on a big move to move into his new home he built in Melbourne. Will cash in on free agency at the end of the year.. expect a 3 year deal with a VIC club

You reckon a Vic club is giving a battered 30-year-old a 3 year contract?

All the power to him if he gets a deal like that

Only clubs who'd look at him would be in the window..... St Kilda ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talia planning on a big move to move into his new home he built in Melbourne. Will cash in on free agency at the end of the year.. expect a 3 year deal with a VIC club

Didn't he publicly come out and say he's prepared to fight for his future with the Crows and wants to be a 1 club player?

This is on record. That he has a house in Melbourne is old news and means nothing about his future ambitions.

Didn't he publicly come out and say he's prepared to fight for his future with the Crows and wants to be a 1 club player?

This is on record. That he has a house in Melbourne is old news and means nothing about his future ambitions.
He's got a few places now I believe. Invested money in real estate in both Adelaide and Melbourne.

If i was him i would leave. 29 in a team 4 years away from being any good.

If Talia can get a 3 year deal from someone, he should take it. As a club we should happily shake his hand, thank him for his service and wish him all the best.
He's one of our best ever, but he's almost finished. If he gets another offer like that he would be mad not to take it up rather than slowly declining in a team that is a fair way off still.

If Talia can get a 3 year deal from someone, he should take it. As a club we should happily shake his hand, thank him for his service and wish him all the best.
He's one of our best ever, but he's almost finished. If he gets another offer like that he would be mad not to take it up rather than slowly declining in a team that is a fair way off still.
Slowly declining ??

I'd say we declined pretty quick !!!

Yep - we should have encouraged him to seek a trade/FA deal that got us decent compo and a high priced player off our books and instead kept Hartigan on minimum chips last year. Whenever this happens we hear about importance of culture, etc but I simply don't buy it - make the good/smart deals and build the best list and salary cap position we can for the long term.

If you mean the worst Crows list from recent memory you'd be on the money, but the worst AFL list in recent memory?

No way.

Keep in mind too that we only had 17 games last year, but in terms of winning percentages.

Win %

Crows 2020 17.6%
North Melbourne 2020 17.6%
Gold Coast 2019 13.6%
Carlton 2018 9%
Essendon 2016 13.6%
Brisbane 2016 13.6%
Melbourne 2013 9%
GWS 2013 4.5%
Gold Coast 2012 13.6%
GWS 2012 9%
Port 2011 13.6%
Gold Coast 2011 13.6%

There's a list of 10 teams with a worse win/loss percentage than Adelaide had last year.

I also included North Melbourne in that list because they had the same record as we did, but I'd argue that by the end of the season they were worse and if we had a normal 22 game season we would not have finished bottom.

Fair point. Bu thats if you judge the quality of the list on win/loss only, and the short season actually boosted their percentage. I wonder where they stack up in goals scored (normalised to a conventional year, against those teams above).

Id argue that perceived talent and potential might also play a big part, where do you think adelaides list sits in that context?

Id also argue that given the nature of last season it actually helped them get those three wins on the trot, in a real season with normal quarters i think they may not have acheived that (moot point i know).

As an aside my takeaway from your stat is it is a great way of clearly showing there are at least 2 too many teams for the available talent pool to support. It will only get worse if Tas and NT get expansion teams rather than relocation teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back