Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Feen, have you been able to fixe that podcast loading issue from a few weeks back? FYI i'm still not getting it on the iPhone and Spotify Apps
No mate, my website hosts the feeds, and at the moment it's cooked - I changed hosting platforms over the summer and it has ground to a halt. I've asked the host to restore a back up, but apparently asking a hosting service to restore a back up on their own servers is like asking for a Crouch brother to run defensively... hopefully by the weekend.

No mate, my website hosts the feeds, and at the moment it's cooked - I changed hosting platforms over the summer and it has ground to a halt. I've asked the host to restore a back up, but apparently asking a hosting service to restore a back up on their own servers is like asking for a Crouch brother to run defensively... hopefully by the weekend.
Bugger. Best of luck with it. On the plus side, when they come back up i'll have a backlog of content to plough through I suppose! #Silverlining

Two employees (no players involved) having an affair. Pretty unacceptable given the position (employment position!) of one of them.

People generally get moved on after this sort of business.
Probably not a Smart thing to do

Didn't he publicly come out and say he's prepared to fight for his future with the Crows and wants to be a 1 club player?

This is on record. That he has a house in Melbourne is old news and means nothing about his future ambitions.

Players say the want to be 1 club players all the time and then suddenly move clubs. Being a “one club player” is a romanticism in a professional game. Increasingly I think we’ll see quality, solid citizen players moving clubs in the twilights of their career, especially for a player in Talia’s position whereby his current team is in full blown rebuild. Some will move for one last chance at a premiership, others to advance their coaching aspirations. With significant cuts to soft cap, its much easier to have a couple of “development” coaches actually on your books as players.

If Talia doesn’t want to finish his twilight years fighting for a spoon then I wish him well

If Talia leaves, agreed, I would wish him nothing but the best. He’s given us his best, we’re full blown rebuild and at some point he’s only going to start getting in the way of his replacement gaining experience.

Two employees (no players involved) having an affair. Pretty unacceptable given the position (employment position!) of one of them.

I’m pretty sure lots of people meet their partners at their workplaces. There’s nothing wrong with that unless someone is abusive or creating trouble. Move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players say the want to be 1 club players all the time and then suddenly move clubs. Being a “one club player” is a romanticism in a professional game. Increasingly I think we’ll see quality, solid citizen players moving clubs in the twilights of their career, especially for a player in Talia’s position whereby his current team is in full blown rebuild. Some will move for one last chance at a premiership, others to advance their coaching aspirations. With significant cuts to soft cap, its much easier to have a couple of “development” coaches actually on your books as players.
This is true of any industry. I'd like to remain loyal to my current employer, but if someone else is giving me a big fat pay rise and they won't match... well I got hungry kids.

This is true of any industry. I'd like to remain loyal to my current employer, but if someone else is giving me a big fat pay rise and they won't match... well I got hungry kids.
haha - true that..I remember working with a guy years ago who accepted an offer with another organisation because the conditions were better. I then said to him, what if our organisation doubled your pay - would you stay. he said and I quote 'I am the biggest mind changer you have ever met'

Sounds like every workplace i've been at. Nobody ever got moved on.

Didn't he publicly come out and say he's prepared to fight for his future with the Crows and wants to be a 1 club player?

This is on record. That he has a house in Melbourne is old news and means nothing about his future ambitions.
He also gave himself an out with the "well if they tap me on the shoulder..." type talk. His preference may be to stay, but if we don't guarantee him a spot he'll move on.

Heard heaps of rumours about Rankine. He is definitely gettable as his family situation here is one that will almost certainly mean he will come back home within 2 years. Based on what I know, I am staggered gold Coast drafted him. I don't think they did their due diligence at all. Great kid but his family situation is the issue.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Surely the price would be too high. Realistically he hasn’t shown much on the field either. Injuries have hurt him but barely played 3 good games. There should be question marks about him performing before we go throwing him a decent contract considering we will have a few good young players coming out of contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back