Tarryn Thomas - The next superstar?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t discuss one of the breakout stars of the competition this year without prejudice?

If an opposition supporter notices a player from your team enough to make a thread about them that means the player may genuinely be quite exciting. Creating a thread on your own player is potentially just an example of rose coloured glasses or worse, trying to come off as bragging.

Gun player and getting better every game. Not as powerful as Bont, Petracca, Fyfe, Danger, Martin but goes when it's his turn and does most things with a touch of class. As his career progresses, continually improving his contested possession and clearance work, which is good already, will hold him in good stead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If an opposition supporter notices a player from your team enough to make a thread about them that means the player may genuinely be quite exciting. Creating a thread on your own player is potentially just an example of rose coloured glasses or worse, trying to come off as bragging.
especially when the AFL gave you him for peanuts

Taking away the fact this thread was started by a north supporter, this kid is a jet. I’ll stop short of saying he’ll be top 5-10 in the league just yet, but the sky seems to be the limit. Always seems to make the right decisions and get himself into an acre of space and delivers the ball well. Also loves finding the big sticks which is so important in a gun mid.

He’s a star. An early first round draft pick that was gifted to North via the NGA academy. You’d think that only the Bulldogs were the only team that’s ever benefited from their NGA academy considering this never gets talked about.
I'm shocked you haven't made a thread trashing him before. Must have slipped through the cracks.

I’ve always rated TT. I think it’s laughable to compare him to Bont though. Bont was a best and fairest winner in a premiership side at age 20.

Nobody has compared him to a 21 year old Bontempelli.

Not inconceivable to think his ceiling might be the current 25 year old Bont in 4 years though.

Nobody has compared him to a 21 year old Bontempelli.

Not inconceivable to think his ceiling might be the current 25 year old Bont in 4 years though.
I guess it is possible he could become the best player in the game. Highly doubtful though. Still, he’s a good player.

Today's effort was only against Carlton, they make every oppo player look good!

Been a slow burn but is racing now. Good luck to North being gifted TT under the dodgy NGA rort. Should have been ours, same as JUH

Who cares?

No idea why supporters can’t just call a spade a space because to you it looks like bragging.

Thomas is a gun and on the way to becoming an elite player.

North fans have reason to be excited.

Today's effort was only against Carlton, they make every oppo player look good!

Been a slow burn but is racing now. Good luck to North being gifted TT under the dodgy NGA rort. Should have been ours, same as JUH

Was probably his best game for the year, but he’s been in that kind of form for a month now.

24 touches and a goal against the Bulldogs too FWIW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarryn Thomas - The next superstar?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back