List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gault is interesting, if he survives the two remaining list lodgements, its a clear indicator that the club thinks he will make it, it what role I'm not sure, possibly Key Forward with Paine going
At a guess, it'll be the newly invented Corey Gault role. It's the one where you play predominately as the 3rd tall forward and pinch hit in the ruck.

Gault I think is thought of much more highly of by the club than he is by most posters on bf,where not many have much time for him.
Whenever I read a story about Gault it always seems to me that he does featured in the clubs plan for the future as the people who have the most to do with him ie the coaches think well of him.
I would think also that he would fit well into the new culture the club is aiming for,as he looks like a boy who keeps his head down and will not cause any problems for the club.

Well last pre-season Eade really Talked him up. So I am guessing they still think a huge Leap in his Development can still happen.

He would be the Perfect 2nd Tall/Ruck Option at 198-200cm

Then why did he not play forward really at all in 2013

Because the coaching staff were too myopic in trying to make Ben Richmond into a forward at the expense of the only-slightly-more talented Gault, who had at least played there before as a junior. They insisted on making Gault a key defender when we have VFL players for VFL team problems...

I don't think we will make any more cuts to the list.

Ultimately, the club has given its indication on the strength of available talent this year by going and recruiting Armstrong and Karnezis, while giving away every pick after 10. Hine just doesn't rate the talent.

Also, I think clubs are very conscious of the fact that you need to make at least 3 list changes every year.

If next years talent pool is better, then we will want to make more cuts next year to get into the draft.

You would think that Marty and Gault are on their last legs...with probably retirements of Maxwell and Lynch. Probably delist Armstrong if he shows nothing as we did we Russell.

It sounds odd...but you can't have 40+ stars...you need a few guys who you can delist every year.

No point delisting them all this year if the available talent is average anyway.

AFL -
B: 26 Williams - 16 Brown - 34 Toovey
HB: 5 Maxwell - 23 Keeffe - 22 Sidebottom
C: 8 O'Brien - 17 Beams - 14 Young
HF: 36 Swan - 20 Reid - 3 Macaffer
F: 18 White - 32 Cloke - 19 Elliott
FOLL: 4 Grundy - 10 Pendlebury - 12 Ball
INTER: 11 Blair - 6 Goldsack - 13 Adams
SUB: 1 Fasolo

VFL -
B: 27 Armstrong - 45 Frost - 28 Sinclair
HB: 31 Ramsay - 43 Oxley - 40 Seedsman
C: 29 Broomhead - 39 Cain - 35 Aish
HF: 2 Dwyer - 21 Lynch - 33 Karnezis
F: 7 Kennedy - 30 McCarthy - 48 Mooney
FOLL: 15 Witts - 24 Thomas - 37 Martin
INTER: 9 Clarke - 25 Hudson - 38 Yagmoor - 41 Kelly - 44 Gault - 46 Ledger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been revealed that Nick Riewoldt knocked back a lucrative offer to join Gold Coast in 2009 for premiership success with St Kilda.

Although Riewoldt was contacted by Collingwood president Eddie McGuire during this years trade period, Riewoldt says the closest he came to leaving the club was in 2009.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

The Lama is a glutton for pain. he must be a Sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back