C: Callan Ward, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Josh Hill, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Brennan Stack, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
Int: Dylan Addison, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Liam Picken
Emg: Guy O’Keefe, Wayde Skipper, Easton Wood

No changes

Next week's gonna be more interesting!

Johno looked proppy at times last week but there's not a chance in hell that he won't play. His ability to get up for games is Stynesesque

No changes
No reward for performance
No rap over the knuckles for not performing
No initiative
and yes...
No surprises

I know everyone loves watching new guys come through. but theres nothing wrong with keeping a balanced team going into finals considering Gia Higgo and murph will all come in..if you were at the match on the w/e. youd know only josh hill deserved to go back, but he just needs some form,, and guess what were playing west coast..

Not that it's huge deal, but I find it interesting when you compare the Sportingbet odds in our last two games. We opened up at $1.05 in both games against Freo and West Coast. At first bounce we were $1.02 against Freo, and currently we have gone out to $1.06. Considering Freo beat West Coast a couple of weeks ago, I don't see why West Coast are more likely to beat us than Freo.

Not that it's huge deal, but I find it interesting when you compare the Sportingbet odds in our last two games. We opened up at $1.05 in both games against Freo and West Coast. At first bounce we were $1.02 against Freo, and currently we have gone out to $1.06. Considering Freo beat West Coast a couple of weeks ago, I don't see why West Coast are more likely to beat us than Freo.

Maybe our unimpressive win last week and the Eagles impressive win last week, moved them a few cents in the betting.

Given we are desperate for a win and they are fairly keen for a loss, you would think that the odds would be pretty short at bounce down.

St Kilda have the right idea, forget injured if it was a final all of their guns would be playing. I can see settled line up argument. But really shouldn't we be resting older players in an 'easy' game against WC. I would be suggesting resting Johnno, Aker and Hudson, and bring in the emergencies they have listed. If O'Keefe or Wood turned it on, Eagle must be nervous...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I find interesting about betting on the footy is how they have to cut through all the misinformation, secrecy and bluff that's going on. The smart money (read "insider trading") this week was that there were some big "outs" in the Saints line-up. And guess what - out go Riewoldt, Goddard, Hayes, Montagna and Baker. They don't always get it right but you can usually follow the money.

Not concerned about us being $1.06. That's still very, very long odds-on! BFB's explanation for us being longer odds than last week is probably correct - we didn't bury Freo (when we should have) and WCE upset Essendon who aren't in the tanking brigade.

B: Adam Selwood, Darren Glass, Mitch Brown
HB: Shannon Hurn, Beau Wilkes, Sam Butler
C: Matt Rosa, Matt Priddis, Tim Houlihan
HF: Andrew Embley, Josh Kennedy, Scott Selwood
F: Mark LeCras, Callum Wilson, Quinten Lynch
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Brad Ebert, Chris Masten
I/C: Pat McGinnity, Ben McKinley, Tom Swift, David Wirrpanda
Emg: Ryan Davis, Chad Fletcher, Will Schofield

In: Wilkes
Out: Eric Mackenzie (thigh)

That is our squad.

I wonder if we are trying to put Wilkes on display for you guys.

He has played quite well forward in the WAFL on occasion but to be honest there is probably not enough space on our list for him as a forward or defender, as we are more likely to keep Spangher.

We are overstocked with potential KP. Wilkes might be mid ranged but he is young and a genuine tryer. Been in good WAFL form at times this year and desrved a call up but was kept out by MacKenzie (who looks like he will become a top line player). I don't know if the Dogs will be interested but it probably depends how he goes on the weekend.

No, I was thinking the same.

Are there any players in doubt or it is all systems go?

Good to see O Keefe in the emergencies. He seems extremely close to getting a game.

Don't be surprised if Easton Wood has gone past O'Keefe, word is a late change In Easton Wood Out?

Seriously against dud sides like freo and WC in dead rubbers at the Dome we should be giving Wayde Skipper, Jarrad Grant or Ayce Cordy a go at FF to try and uncover a tall option before finals, i mean cmon a run cant do them or the team any harm

Don't be surprised if Easton Wood has gone past O'Keefe, word is a late change In Easton Wood Out?

Doesn't surprise me all that much.

Wood's physically ready as shown in his powerful running during the NAB that had us all excited. O'Keefe, while not 'unready' is still behind Callan, Stack, Ried and Wood when it comes to prepared bodies for AFL. O'Keefe is out of contention to play in our (hopefully) Grand Final side the others are ready if we have any unforseen injuries or suspensions during September. He might get a run round 22 if our position is locked in (See Sam Reid rd 22 last year) but other then that he'll be gunning for round 1 2010.

Seriously against dud sides like freo and WC in dead rubbers at the Dome we should be giving Wayde Skipper, Jarrad Grant or Ayce Cordy a go at FF to try and uncover a tall option before finals, i mean cmon a run cant do them or the team any harm

'uncover' a FF during round 19. LOL. Welsh is a better option at the moment then the 3 of them combined at FF and he'll struggle to get a game.

This game will be harder than you think. All things being equal you should win by 10 goals +. But as Aka let slip last week you guys have amped up your training in preparation for finals (which is the right thing to do) but it can leave a team a bit flat on game day. Same thing happened to us late in the season in 05 and 06, ditto Adelaide. You should still win but we have a young quick team who will have their tails up after last week and will remember Round 4. We are also trying something new with our travel routine which should be interesting. Will be closer than a lot of people think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team vs Eagles - No Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back