News The 2010 Trade discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

RETIREES
1 Johnno
2 Eagleton
3 Hahn (pushed, as indicated by him being drop this week)

SACKED
4 Akermanis

DELISTED
5. Bouwman (maybe, I don't know, he doesn't seem to be coming on that well)

Callen stays, I don't know why everyone thinks he'll get the axe. He's a great depth player (as shown by his call up for the Collingwood game) and the coaching staff at all levels love him. We're already loosing Harbrow, Howard's going to take some time to come on yet, and there will be enough clear space without cutting Callen also.

OFF TO GC17
6. Harbrow (The club is trying to get inventive to keep him, but he'll go)
7. Tiller (Scott Clayton likes him and has already enquired about working something out)

On a side note, Clayton has been pretty public about the hard-on he has for Brennan, so I'd been very surprise if he lands anywhere else.

TRADED OUT
8. Minson
I still think Adelaide will propose a good deal for him, and given our ruck stocks, we'd be happy to take it.

With Hahn (and possibly Minson) out of the picture, Everitt would play a whole lot more next season. It's just a matter of convincing him to stick around. That said, a few teams might throw the house at getting him, which you'd have to way up at the time.

Stack and Hill might also go for various reasons, but I can forsee us keeping both.

Completely pointless trade. To use a Supercoach term, very much a sideways trade. Can't see how it improves either side.

I think we'll be very much a bit player at trade time. We'll have atleast 5 players departing without trading anyone out. Our only realistic tradeable assets are players like Hill, Stack, Everitt, Addison etc, who wouldn't command much at the trade table. Maybe Everitt is worth a bit, as potential is often worth more than reality.

The common scapegoats that everyone wants traded (ie Hahn, Gia, Hargreaves etc), are all worth far more to us than what we would recieve in the current trade market for them.
Why would we want to trade out Hargrave?

Can't say i've ever seen it mentioned.

Plus, I think you're missing the fact that players would WANT to come to the dogs. Yes we've had issues this year, but we have a very good list that will be at least as good next year.

Alwyn Davey looking to leave bombers (rumour, heard it on SEN so make of it what you will)

Alwyn Davey has pace. Unfortunately that's where it ends, he has kicked 56 goals in 55 games pretty much as a permanent forward and averages 12 disposals. I don't care how quick you are or how much pressure you put on, you also have to have the ability to either kick goals or at least win some ball. He is also 26

Alwyn Davey has pace. Unfortunately that's where it ends, he has kicked 56 goals in 55 games pretty much as a permanent forward and averages 12 disposals. I don't care how quick you are or how much pressure you put on, you also have to have the ability to either kick goals or at least win some ball. He is also 26

Plus he is a little bitch

Completely pointless trade. To use a Supercoach term, very much a sideways trade. Can't see how it improves either side.

I disagree. Tambling actually had a really good last half of 2009 and if my memory serves me correctly he was played at half back. This year he was played out of position and Hardwick basically admitted this (I believe he didn't have much of a pre season either). With Harbrow leaving he would be a very good replacement, just depends on what the tigers would want i guess.

Hey guys whats the situation with everitt, 100% out the door ??, and news i read today it may look like veszpremi might want out

i would hope sydney were looking into him, a possible vez for everitt might be fair for both teams

No way we'd do that, veszpremi has shown nothing and is always injured. Maybe a straight swap for Addison is all I'd do, even that might be too much.

No way we'd do that, veszpremi has shown nothing and is always injured. Maybe a straight swap for Addison is all I'd do, even that might be too much.

No No No

Addison is everything Softpremi is not.

We do not want any more timid players, who avoid contests.

(Refer to my earlier post in this thread - Post 53.)

I think the following changes are likely before trade talk starts:

Out: Johnson, Hahn, Eagleton, Aker (retired)
Callan (delisted)
Tiller (delisted, much more promise coming through with Jones, Panos, etc)
Harbrow (traded)

On the edge:
Stack
Boumann

In: Moles, Hooper (Condos Mk.II?) (rookie upgrades)
Wallis, Little Libba (first two draft picks)

Panos? Mulligan?

Leaves us with 3 places to fill on the main list starting in the third round of the draft. Given that, you'd have to assume our third rounder could be traded for an established player, or that we'll PSD / draft an experienced hand from somewhere, as I doubt we'd want three late round draftees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mulligan goes. We need someone that can actually play and he's not looking like he'll be there anytime soon.

So we can replace him with Peter Faulks from Williamstown. Readymade defender and a great talent.

I seriously doubt Faulks will be available when we have our first live pick in the draft. I rekcon he'll go in the 2nd round.

I keep reading that Leroy Jetta hasnt re-signed with Essendon. Yes please. Serious pace, great skills, improving motor. Can play fwd and mid-field. Id even swap Everitt for the kid. Thoughts??

I seriously doubt Faulks will be available when we have our first live pick in the draft. I rekcon he'll go in the 2nd round.

No prob rookie draft, if he was that good to go that low than as he was on Swans list before Gold Coast could take him outside of the draft as 1 of their 10 previously listed AFL players.

Im 100% serious on Faulks. Harry Taylor went in the 1st round as a mature age key defender. Anyone who's watched plenty of Willi this year can attest to Faulks being an absolute star. Heck, Markovic went in the draft last year as a mature age backman who wasnt anywhere near as dominant as Faulks has been this year. Reckon 3rd round is about as low as he'll go unfortunately.

Really good wrap up by Jon Ralph in the H/S today:

What your club needs in trade week

* With Liam Jones, Andrew Hooper, Ayce Cordy, Jordon Roughead, Easton Wood, Liam Jones and Christian Howard coming through, likely to develop their own kids
:thumbsu::thumbsu: Please please!!

I am always nervous during trade week. I know our record in keeping our draft picks is excellent and the club needs to be congratulated for that. But I am always nervous that we will do a Vossy and waste a pick on some recycled dud.

Whatever happens Saturday night and indeed the week after if we make it I still think we'll have a list good enough to take a tilt at a premiereship. With that in mind i'd still like us to look at Alwyn Davey. Can sneak goals (though not prolific) but can apply excellent pressure when the balls goes the other way. Something we've lacked all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News The 2010 Trade discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back