Universal Love The 2014/15 Pre-season Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why people keep listing Knight in these. He is a 19 year old who was drafted out of school footy having never played against the bigger older bodies.
He plays a full season in the SANFL and finishes 2nd in our B&F and yet we want to consider his position to be at risk. Seriously? What more could he have done?
Agree - Knight is the safest in that list in terms development time.

Atkins and Siggins need to be pushing their way up now and could both be in strife if they have poor years.

The rest are all candidates for sure with the possible exception of Martin if he has a stand out year.

Agree - Knight is the safest in that list in terms development time.

Atkins and Siggins need to be pushing their way up now and could both be in strife if they have poor years.

The rest are all candidates for sure with the possible exception of Martin if he has a stand out year.

Knight is also an elite runner. I've mentioned it before, but he has the best GPS data of anyone on our list. He runs further and at a higher rate than anyone else. He still needs to learn to utilise this better by improving his running patterns, but he still has time.
Don't be surprised if he pushes VB in all the runs this year.

I don't know why people keep listing Knight in these. He is a 19 year old who was drafted out of school footy having never played against the bigger older bodies.
He plays a full season in the SANFL and finishes 2nd in our B&F and yet we want to consider his position to be at risk. Seriously? What more could he have done?

If he has a SMACK year though...

I'm not for one second saying he's done. He just needs to continue to improve.

Battersby came 3rd in the B&F and got cut.

Going by Phil's reputation, the offseason training plan that would have been adjusted straight after his appointment is for all the lads to put extra km's into the legs in preparation for a hard slog on the track. Charlie will have a much bigger tank, that's for sure. With Eddie who is an elite trainer in his corner I can only see good things coming from Charlie.

Looking forward to Charlie cementing a spot in the forward line.

Couple of games last year so this year he is basically a new recruit. And what a recruit to look forward to seeing develop.

Him in one pocket, Eddie in the other. Haven't had that kind of small firepower ever

Anyone know what's up with Lynch's contract? What's usually the go with players who are out of contract going into a pre-season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can name about 7/8 I'd think would be in trouble already for 2016. Some will have a Jaensch year, others will have a Smack year.

Pods, Radar, Siggins, Atkins, CEY, Shaw, Knight, Martin.

Osborn will prob be cut.
Thommo might retire.

And that's without delisting any new first year rookie listed.
I have a feeling Thommo has already bottomed out which is a good thing because this year he showed us that he's still got it, depends on injuries for him I think.

Battersby was delisted when he was still 18 wasn't he?

Plus he came 3rd in the SANFL B&F.

B1kcG-TCQAAeqx8.jpg:large

Back of some of the new blk training gear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love The 2014/15 Pre-season Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back