List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

At best we’d be getting pick 20. At worst it could blow out to the 40s. There has to be something going on behind the scenes for the club to be so willing to move on a best 22 player.

Maybe that May/Frost 'robust on field discussion' from late in the season was an indication of something more going on? Dunno.

Maybe just the money he was asking for was the problem.

Either way, RIP Frostball.

I reckon that second-round pick will end up around 33 next year. I could see Hawthorn finished 5th-8th. Our future fourth would be in the 60s or 70s. If we use that:

Out: Frost, 42, 61, Pick 60-70
In: 50, 33

Why did we add the fourth and future fourth? Surely Frost + 42 for 50 + 33 would be enough - and even for that i'd still feel robbed.

Plus that 33 can easily get pushed out due to GC compo, FA compensation, father son/academy bidding etc (although I'm not sure how that all works tbh).
I would've valued Frost at pick 30 this year worst case. But even then, we're giving them a bonafide AFL player for the 30th best 18 year old for this year, who may do nothing. So we've given them effectively 30, 42, 61, 70 (next year) for 35-40 (next year) and 50.

Moving up a few spots in the 3rd or 4th round in exchange for a bloke who has runs on the board and is a proven AFL player (albeit with flaws) just doesn't add up to me.

We need to get rid of Frost for the list space and can't afford what he is asking, so right off the bat we have no leverage.
There is also the fact he is a giant ****ing spud.

if the hawks finish 9th next year that is pick 30, which IMO is way higher than what Frost is worth.

I think Mahoney did well considering no leverage.

The way I see it is we lose Frost and gain next year's pick 30. Hawks think he's worth less than that so we downgrade 42 to 50. The extra picks mean nothing.

Not a bad trade, but not a good one either. Would have just preferred Frost for 30 or next year's second obviously. I don't get this new trend of swapping a bunch of shit picks around.

The way I see it is we lose Frost and gain next year's pick 30. Hawks think he's worth less than that so we downgrade 42 to 50. The extra picks mean nothing.

Not a bad trade, but not a good one either. Would have just preferred Frost for 30 or next year's second obviously. I don't get this new trend of swapping a bunch of shit picks around.
This is it, those 4ths give hawks some points for their father son 2 picks in the 60s are pretty meh but add points to Thebes calculation.

The main deal was frost and 42 for 30 and 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone or will anyone do the full math in this.

Are we up down or even after all the picks.

It is frost for Langdon and what?

Has anyone or will anyone do the full math in this.

Are we up down or even after all the picks.

It is frost for Langdon and what?

If you calculate everything based on current ladder positions its Frost and pick 21 for Langdon and pick 52.

Obviously with future picks the better we do next year the better the trades look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back