News The Ablettiser

Remove this Banner Ad

sarah914

Draftee
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Check out http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/introducing-the-ablettiser/story-e6frf9jf-1225910364547

358832-ablettiser.jpg

The front page of tomorrow's Geelong Ablettiser. Source: Herald Sun

GEELONG'S daily paper is making a dramatic last-ditch bid to keep Gary Ablett at the Cats by changing its name for a day.

Thoughts??

Will probably go down as well as the "Don't Go Gazza Day" so not great then.

Careful,you'll upset that family that stand around in paddocks getting their photo taken :eek:

I'm amazed the Addy have taken so long to do the name.I thought they would've done it last year after the Brownlow.

Smart idea for marketing for the addy!

Watch all the sooks talk about leave him alone.. rah rah rah...

Just a funny peice of media! good on em!

Yeah true, probably not the best idea.

I like that people are determined and have passion but not sure its really going to do much.

No bias then?:D It is a good idea in marketing terms.

Anyone who reads the letter would see we are not begging him to say, actually quite the opposite :) All cats fans worth their weight will love it I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's incredibly funny, but I doubt that it will change his opinion at all.

He'll still be playing in the hoops in our next three premierships (and I doubt that this will occur within three years), possibly as captain in at least one of them.

*shakes head*

What is the article on the front?

So glad I don't live in that hole

Can't believe some of the negativity by cats supporters in this thread. Supporters of 15 other clubs would kill to have this type of coverage :eek:

Can't hurt,

Plus i think its overdue....The greater city of Geelong would be mad not to do everything possible to keep Gary. As the paper rightly points out, the Ablett name is pretty much Geelong, lets hope it remains that way.

Can't believe some of the negativity by cats supporters in this thread. Supporters of 15 other clubs would kill to have this type of coverage :eek:

I don't see any harm in it,but why has it taken so long to do it ?
As Pickers said on Fox Sports tonight,the name has been around since Sr was playing.

The Blue & White edition earlier in the year was a bit of fun,just as this one is.

Perfect timing, because if it doesn't have the desired impact, this Saturday IS THE LAST TIME WE SEE HIM AT SKILLED IN THE HOOPS, and who wants that ?? Anything that has any harmless impact is spot-on

Newspapers are pretty switched on, they know what sells a paper.. I guess you can't knock the Addy if this sells through the roof.

Says more about the people of Geelong and what they're interested in reading about, doesn't it..

Remove this Banner Ad

News The Ablettiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back