Remove this Banner Ad

Th3_MAD_CATTER

Draftee
Suspended
Sep 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey all not sure if any one is in the same boat as me but I am sick to death of the Collingwood BS that is all over these forums and other's like it.

Are they kidding themselves or do they actually think that the other teams in the top 4 for arguments sake are just going to roll over and give the cup to them.

I knew I was in for an earfull this year but most of these people are delusional idiots that have no idea about football, there drivel is almost as infuryating to read as The Hawthorn BS we have had to listen to since they cheated there way to a Flag in 08.(bet that gets a nibble.)

FFS im just getting over the St Kilda/Footscray whinging we deserve a flag give us a falg blah blah blah sorry Lads you gota earn those cups.

oh how sweet the taste of sad little magpie tears will taste come October.

Do you think the Media will once again write us off for the next year if we do win it? seems to be the cycle.

Lets hope so i love nothing more than proving them all wrong.

Remember all "We are Geelong, And we aint going newhere yet!"

Firstly, don't ever pay attention to media/supporter hype about other teams...it'll do your head in.
Secondly, the Pies deserve to be favourites for the flag. It's got nothing to do with them winning it last year, it's just a true assessment of their form this year. They are pulverising sides, week in - week out.
We, on the other hand, have been grinding out wins, albeit with controlled ease.

At the moment, there's no reason why our form can't hold up to the "very end" and for us to go all of the way. But I'm sure there's 2-3 other team's supporters thinking exactly the same way.

as 2008 and 2010 suggest pulverising sides all year during the home and away season is one thing, but its what happens come finals time that matters.

Im happy to grind out the wins during the season and leave the drubbings for finals.

Let's keep our lid on for now.

We have another half a season of this. Until finals come and we see whats what! Collingwood have the ability to beat any and every team, so do we, and to a lesser extent so do Carlton and possibly Hawthorn. Another challenger may even surface from the chasing pack before the end of the home and away fixtures.

Anything else is just conjecture

We have another half a season of this. Until finals come and we see whats what! Collingwood have the ability to beat any and every team, so do we, and to a lesser extent so do Carlton and possibly Hawthorn. Another challenger may even surface from the chasing pack before the end of the home and away fixtures.

Anything else is just conjecture

They're the premiers until someone knocks them out in the finals and they can do what they like.

I wouldnt be all that worried about it mate.
Years gone by, even when Collingwood have the worst bunch of players in the comp the will still try and spruik how good they are and try and justify why they are better than the rest.

As has been said, they are just words and arrogance gets you nowhere.
Makes you look even more stupid when you dont go the journey - look at us in 08.....

Pies fans are pretty arrogant for a side that has won 2 flags in 50 years. Somehow they think it is a guarantee.

Hey all not sure if any one is in the same boat as me but I am sick to death of the Collingwood BS that is all over these forums and other's like it.

Are they kidding themselves or do they actually think that the other teams in the top 4 for arguments sake are just going to roll over and give the cup to them.

I knew I was in for an earfull this year but most of these people are delusional idiots that have no idea about football, there drivel is almost as infuryating to read as The Hawthorn BS we have had to listen to since they cheated there way to a Flag in 08.(bet that gets a nibble.)

Don't know why it bothers you to be honest. They're the reigning premiers, and until another side beats them in a final they'll be favourites, and quite rightly too. They're still the team to beat in my opinion.

Rule 1 of footy, when you're on top, you can brag as much as you want.

This year I have decided I am going to be arrogant about the success that Geelong has had. For the last 4 years I tried to be respectful to other supporters because I didn't want Geelong fans to be perceived as big headed. What I had learnt over that time is that you always seem to be damned if you do and damned if you don't.

So this year I am going to bask in the success our club has had since 2007. I am going to tell the other flogs yes, my team/club is way better than yours. Sorry if you don't like that but I have all the evidence I need to back that up. Which only a flog would deny.

Collingwood is a great team and do deserve their time in the sun. But Pie fans have always been arrogant. So it is time we took a page out of their book. Our club is the best, stuff all the rest.

This year I have decided I am going to be arrogant about the success that Geelong has had. For the last 4 years I tried to be respectful to other supporters because I didn't want Geelong fans to be perceived as big headed. What I had learnt over that time is that you always seem to be damned if you do and damned if you don't.

So this year I am going to bask in the success our club has had since 2007. I am going to tell the other flogs yes, my team/club is way better than yours. Sorry if you don't like that but I have all the evidence I need to back that up. Which only a flog would deny.

Collingwood is a great team and do deserve their time in the sun. But Pie fans have always been arrogant. So it is time we took a page out of their book. Our club is the best, stuff all the rest.

BOOOOOM!!!! And off blows the lid...... :D

It's got nothing to do with them winning it last year, it's just a true assessment of their form this year. They are pulverising sides, week in - week out.
We, on the other hand, have been grinding out wins, albeit with controlled ease.

Yes the Pies have been in very good form this year but TBH i think it has everything to do with the Pies winning it last year. Also i believe the Cats have been the best team this year for a few reasons that havent been mentioned very often at all to my surprise.
1. Beaten Collingwood already
2. Collingwood have travelled as far as Etihad Stadium for games this year so far. Cats have been to Perth for the Dockers, Gold Coast for the Suns (yeah i know) and Sydney for the Swans. Won them all.
3. Collingwood are yet to play Hawthorn. Cats have beaten them twice
4. Collingwood are yet to play 2 of the best performed non-Victorian teams (Freo and Swans) 2 and 0 for the Cats against these teams

Does this mean Cats are better? Not necessarily. Most have been saying the team will ultimately be judged at the conclusion of the season and rightfully so but i'm not going to buy that Pies are better than Cats right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one bingle, is that Geelong have just finished a section of the draw where 9 of our first 12 matches, were against top 8 teams from last year.

Collingwood, on the other hand, have played against 4 in their 11 matches.

Granted the Bulldogs and St Kilda have dropped off a bit this year, and we've played the Bulldogs once and Saints twice, but Collingwood have also played the Bulldogs and St Kilda in those 4 matches.

Another one bingle, is that Geelong have just finished a section of the draw where 9 of our first 12 matches, were against top 8 teams from last year.

Collingwood, on the other hand, have played against 4 in their 11 matches.

Granted the Bulldogs and St Kilda have dropped off a bit this year, and we've played the Bulldogs once and Saints twice, but Collingwood have also played the Bulldogs and St Kilda in those 4 matches.

thats a good point. i forgot to mention the cats had played all finalists from last year.
A small argument for Collingwood is they havent played the bye, i mean gold coast suns, yet i guess.
Either way i look forward to seeing where both teams end up come their anticipated R24 matchup.

Let them be arrogant.

Let them believe that when/if we play in the finals this year, they'll beat us as comprehensively as they did last year.

Let them believe that the fact our coach had mentally checked out by last year's finals wasn't a factor in our demise.

Let them believe that our new coach isn't having an enormous impact on our defensive structures and our ability to beat the press.

Let them believe that our team is too old, too slow (Menzel, Duncan, Vardy, Christensen, T. Hunt anybody?)

Let them believe that the return to fitness by Corey, Ottens and Scarlett - three players completely underdone last year - isn't important.

Let them believe that our win over them this year was 'lucky' due to the Pendlebury non-goal - conveniently overlooking the fact that they were lucky to be within five goals at quarter time and that we completely dominated the last quarter.

I know we can beat Collingwood when it matters - and I don't care what their supporters think.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing on On The Couch last night - Sheehan, Roos & Healy drooling over a possible Carlton v Collingwood GF almost as though it was a certainty, willing it to happen. One of them had the good sense to remind viewers they had not forgotten Geelong "who sits on top of the ladder, undefeated". Fact is, Geelong is no longer sexy for TV; we've been up there too long.

Pies fans are pretty arrogant for a side that has won 2 flags in 50 years. Somehow they think it is a guarantee.

We have our fair share of arrogant supporters too. I shudder every time I hear some loud mouth Cats supporter talk about how the Premiership "is in the bag".
Has history taught them nothing?

We also need to keep in mind that while Collingwood has only won two flags in the last 50 years, we are only marginally better having won only three in that same period. Not really something to boast about, is it?

No side in top 4 this year should be too **** sure or arrogant about their teams chances come September. Ithink if Roughead hadnt got that serious injury then there wouldnt be a struck match between the top 4 sides. But losing Roughead would be like us losing Scarlet-it will make it very difficult for Hawthorn. When Geelong line up against Pies Blues Hawks in September i will have some confidence that we can win -but those 3 could easily roll us -even if we are 22 nil

As a Pies fan, its depressing to see Geelong still up there - that's not how its supposed to work! That and getting Menzel Duncan Vardy and Christianson in 09 is ridiculous

I dont mind a bit of arrogance. I have become largely desensatised to it after living through the 90's when WCE was hot shit and were the greatest team ever, according to everyone I knew anyway. Collingwood deserve their arrogance, as do we. As do Hawthorn. People should bask in their teams awesomeness rather then worry about what other supporters are going to think of them.

As a Pies fan, its depressing to see Geelong still up there - that's not how its supposed to work! That and getting Menzel Duncan Vardy and Christianson in 09 is ridiculous

:thumbsu:
one could argue the same for Collingwood over the past decade although for a couple of years did go a little quiet, but when you look back you can see they were always a chance - 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007 and right through to the present day.
For Geelong we really did have a tremendous chance in the preliminary final of 2004 and can remember watching the game and thinking only if we can get the next goal we might snatch this. David Haynes was really proving to become a unlikely match winner after halftime but it wasn't to be.
And then of course there was that infamous 2005 final against Sydney, a game in which there was only 5 goals scored in the final quarter yet somehow the quarter went for well over 32 minutes and just seemed to keep going until they got the winner. Then the siren went immiediately after the centre bounce:( It hurt the team for a good year before they famously turned it around in 2007 and the rest is history....

I will admit that if it wasn't for Collingwood and what they did to us in the preliminary final last year then our club wouldn't have had the same pre-season nor strived for greater perfection this year around. Collingwood have added a new style of game that is extremely formidable against opposition who lack a quality backline and midfield. Sure is a good season thus far for Cats fans and it's all credit to the fitness/conditioning staff for the great work they have done to get blokes such as Corey, Ottens, Stevie J in particular back up and primed for September barring any injuries or suspensions of course

Remove this Banner Ad

The Arrogance is really starting to grind my gears

Remove this Banner Ad

Back