the best seats at Adelaide oval

Remove this Banner Ad

woundedcrow

Senior List
Aug 16, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
so after most of us have been to a few games now i would like to get to know from people where are their seats and are they happy with the view..will they keep them next year?

I am up in the 2nd tier of the eastern stand between the centre square and 50m arc, great view of the entire ground and happy with the seats...although i reckon i am missing out on the closeness to the action. If i was on the concourse level though i wouldnt get to see half the play as i do up on the 2nd tier. I can still see the other side of the ground well. Overall happy with the seats and will keep them next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm in front of the Eastern Stand (Jack Oatey), so on about the edge of the centre square towards northern end, 5 rows from the front. Absolutely love it, can hear the players talking to each other can hear the hits and viewing the other side of the ground is not so bad either, just lose a bit of a sense on where the boundary line is and depth in south west pocket but its nothing to complain of really

I sit in the eastern stand near the opposition race 2nd row, love my seats but wish I had front row, can see everything well and hear the players on the field etc.

I sit in the eastern stand near the opposition race 2nd row, love my seats but wish I had front row, can see everything well and hear the players on the field etc.

Southern stand lower level, half back/forward flank. Good view of the ground. Lose a bit when play is in the north-eastern corner, but screens let you know what's what. I'll probably renew there next year, although toying with the idea of the eastern stand. I like the people I've had around me all year and I've been able to gee them up and get them vocal. Undercover too, which is great for us old fellas.

I'm sitting one row back from the front of the first tier of the grand stand, in the Riverside stand in the closest bay to the embers (so south west corner). Love the seats as can see how the teams set up and get a much better idea of how the team plans are played out. At AAMI we were 10 rows back midway between the northern 50 metre arc and the centre square. Certainly felt much more a part of the action but missed a lot of what was happening over the other side of the ground. One down side I have noticed with the new seats is I find it harder to recognise players when I'm watching them from an elevated position. I find that their running styles are not as distinct from above. Will definitely keep these seats next year.

For all it's faults I still like my Western general admission - I like being able to vary the view from game to game.

But that said, the overselling and lessening of capacity plus the poor facilities, have all certainly impacted the experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually sit in front couple of rows of level 3 of the Western Stands, and generally speaking, those seats are brilliant. Can see everything, and still pretty close to the action.

Was going to sit on level 2 of the Chappell Stand for the West Coast game, but felt that the stand was too low, and probably would've struggled to see the play on the other side, so moved back up to level 3.

I would be looking to move to the Eastern stand but want a seat where there is no chance of getting wet or sun in the eyes. Also want to be as near centre as possible :D
I'm in the eastern stand on centre wing.

Two rows from the back in the second level of the Sir Edwin Smith stand, on the 50-metre mark. Positives: under cover, no sun in our eyes, only five seats in our row, which means no standing when someone wants to get in or out. Negatives: poor facilities, very few enthusiastic supporters nearby.

I'm on the Eastern Wing just left of centre. On the bottom tier but sat toward the top with the middle tier over the top of us. No chance of getting wet and have had no sun in the eyes to speak of. Won't be giving up these seats in a hurry.

I'm unreserved in the western stand.

Restricted to wheelchair seating, I've sat level 4 directly in front of the commentary position (and directly behind chairmans function guests), 4 rows from the front of level 3 in Edwin Smith stand (level 3 entrance closest to Bradman pavillion), and about 5 rows behind the interchange.

Level 4 was fantastic for a view, but atmosphere severely lacking due to the guests sitting in front, and the lack of noise coming from behind.

View is great from level 3 as well, but again the passion shown from people up there just isn't the same as it is from level 1.

Up in the bottom row of bay 532.
Although it's level five, I feel close to the action because I'm sitting in the bottom row and the view of the whole ground is great.

The problem is the atmosphere and crowd noise is lacking unless it's a truly 'Jenkins running into goal against the Pies' moment because I miss out on a lot of crowd noise, I'm next to the oppositions cohort, and I'm generally surrounded by geriatrics (Apologies to all of those who sit by me, who post on BF using their abacuses)

looks like there are positives and negatives to everyone's seats...generally i dont think there is a bad seat in the house.

..for port home showdowns and finals its a good chance to experience views from other areas of the ground...

the general feeling is the higher up you are the less atmosphere there is but you get a better view of the entire ground...

at aami stadium i didnt mind the pocket because you get a really good view of the goals one qrter then the backline the other qrter

I'm sitting one row back from the front of the middle tier of the grand stand, level three in the Riverside stand in the closest bay to the members (so south west corner). Love the seats and will more than likely buy the 'same again' next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

the best seats at Adelaide oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back