Roast The bigger disgrace tonight ???

Remove this Banner Ad

the commentating was some of the worse i've ever heard. carlton this, carlton brave that, etc. absolutely disgusting. couldn't be more biased if it was coming from the carlton cheersquad.

"What a brave come from behind win from Carlton"

Worst comment ever.

My thoughts exactly. Coughing up a 5 goal lead at home vs a struggling interstate side is not brave. Disgusting:thumbsdown:

I'd say the biggest disgrace is that the Crows were smashed in nearly every key stat yet some people on here are acting like the umps cost you the game..yes we did get a good run with the umps but given the fact we were winning the hard ball and getting the clearances it may have had something to do with it?

Just like in round 1?
Or last week?

Seems every game the opposition is just lucky Carlton didn't kick straight.:rolleyes:

Channel 10 simply shouldn't be allowed to show Carlton matches. The muppets sit there and get high on their own flatulence and it becomes a blight on the game.

The umpiring was utterly horrible. They clearly got sucked in by the atmosphere.

Carlton are quality you think? After tonight I have serious dobuts, well actually it reinforced my serious doubts.

It then must reinforce that Adelaide look out of their depth seriously 31 scoring shots to 17 and 80 kicking errors should have been up by 50 points at the first change.

sorry my mistake regarding the free kick count ..(newspaper misprint led me astray )

Yes the main board on here is a good guide to justifying your position :eek: most nuffys on there hate Carlton with a passion and would have been cheering you blokes on .

Carltons woeful wasted scoring opportunities kept the game close...and almost cost them the game ....the Umpires never decided the result .

What crap. Carlton was gifted frees most of the night. Their shit kicking was because of pressure applied and being constantly forced wide. Judd's was the only sure thing missed and like i said elsewhere - that was justice for the staged free he got.

To the people calling Simpson's handball to setup the winning goal a throw I think you better take off your anti Carlton glasses and have a closer look.

[YOUTUBE]mszKaijCNiM[/YOUTUBE]

I know in the heat of the moment it feels like the umpires are against you but maybe rather than complaining about it afterwards with empty words that are usually heavily biased, you upload a video for all to see and prove your point. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then 25 pictures per second will give you ... 25 thousand words. I can understand your frustrations, but as a Carlton supporter I also saw plenty of free kicks not awarded to us, or against us which I thought was unfair.

You pick out any decision you think unfair against you, upload the video and I'll probably be able to find one that went against us.

I have enormous respect for the Crows, your coach and a few of your players. But to say that it was umpiring that lost youthe game is taking the easy way out. Being behind on almost every stat that counts(other than contested marks) lost you the game, not a couple of umpiring decisions. If you think I'm wrong flame me if you want, I don't really mind.

To the people calling Simpson's handball to setup the winning goal a throw I think you better take off your anti Carlton glasses and have a closer look.

[youtube]mszKaijCNiM[/youtube]

Fair call mate, I'll admit I was in the "he clearly threw it" camp but that replay does make it appear as though he handballed it. My apologies for that one.

I'm willing to bet the majority of other issues raised in this thread are legitimate though.

Fair call mate, I'll admit I was in the "he clearly threw it" camp but that replay does make it appear as though he handballed it. My apologies for that one.

I'm willing to bet the majority of other issues raised in this thread are legitimate though.

I'm not denying that there were some poor umpiring, but every game has disputed decisions. Also simply looking at the number of frees for and against is misleading, should every game be even frees for and against? I don't think so. The team who goes hardest at the ball and get first possesion usually gets more free kicks. The umpires don't think oh hang on I just gave Carlton a free kick, better give Adelaide one so the frees count is even at the end.

Also people should be aware that everyone thinks the umpiring is against them. This is because every one is biased towards their team, including me. Every 50/50 decision that goes against you seems like a terrible call. This is human nature. Just don't be delussional and think that it was umpiring alone that lost you the game. Our kicking at goals were terrible and allowed you guys to stay close, couple of contentious umpiring calls late in the game didn't go your way, Dangerfield missed the goal, Tippett didn't mark it on the line, your first quarter no shows, couple of your blokes panicked under pressure in the 4th, the list goes on.

My point is this though

Carlton Statistic Adelaide
208 Kicks 163
192 Handballs 174
400 Disposals 337
90 Marks 84
74 Tackles 55
38 Hitouts 34
30 Scoring Shots 19
54 Inside 50s 42

Pretty sure we won the contested ball and clearances as well, though i can't find the numbers.

*edit*
145 Contested Possesions 121
40 Clearances 30

The umpires had 2 sets of rules quite a disgusting one side display.Bad kicking for goal is bad football

So you think the umpires got together and deliberately decided to screw the Crows over?? Umpires will always make mistakes and there were times when crows got lucky. Sounds like a few people here need to listen to Craig and stop making excuses and concentrate on their mistakes they can control (Otten anyone???)

Umpires ruin the game, we all know that. Yeah there were a few dodgy ones in that last qtr but we lost because of number 22. Andy O, WTF were you thinking????

So you think the umpires got together and deliberately decided to screw the Crows over?? Umpires will always make mistakes and there were times when crows got lucky. Sounds like a few people here need to listen to Craig and stop making excuses and concentrate on their mistakes they can control (Otten anyone???)

Can't find the thread that says the umpires got together and deliberately decided to screw the Crows over??

Sure we made mistakes that eventually cost us the game, no question about that, however you must concede that the when you are comparing "apples to apples" it favored Carlton. Chris Judd gets tackled, he then incorrectly disposes of the ball and gets a free...joke.
Tippett gets tackled in the last disposes of the ball and then gets slung to the ground without the ball...nothing. If that had been Judd we all know it would have been a free.
Lay a finger on Judd and its a free, however its quite OK for Tippett to get held, scragged manhandled continually in the forward line and guess what....nothing.

For all of Carlton dominance in the 1st we fought our way back, we got into a position to win but ultimately skill errors and decision making cost us the game. The umpires contributed by making blatantly mindless decisions that didn't help.

Chris Judd will win the next 5 Brownlow's. He is treated and umpired differently to most other players in the competition....joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't find the thread that says the umpires got together and deliberately decided to screw the Crows over??

Sure we made mistakes that eventually cost us the game, no question about that, however you must concede that the when you are comparing "apples to apples" it favored Carlton. Chris Judd gets tackled, he then incorrectly disposes of the ball and gets a free...joke.
Tippett gets tackled in the last disposes of the ball and then gets slung to the ground without the ball...nothing. If that had been Judd we all know it would have been a free.
Lay a finger on Judd and its a free, however its quite OK for Tippett to get held, scragged manhandled continually in the forward line and guess what....nothing.

For all of Carlton dominance in the 1st we fought our way back, we got into a position to win but ultimately skill errors and decision making cost us the game. The umpires contributed by making blatantly mindless decisions that didn't help.

Chris Judd will win the next 5 Brownlow's. He is treated and umpired differently to most other players in the competition....joke.

Tippet didn't dispose of the ball, it was jarred free in the tackle and yes there was a case for holding the man. There was a strong case for Doughty to be holding the ball 30 secs earlier, had prior opportunity and was tackled, incorrectly disposed of the ball and no call. As I said there were mistakes made, but looking at your own team first is the only thing that matters.
As for Judd, again are you stating the umpires deliberately favour him??

Tippet didn't dispose of the ball, it was jarred free in the tackle and yes there was a case for holding the man. There was a strong case for Doughty to be holding the ball 30 secs earlier, had prior opportunity and was tackled, incorrectly disposed of the ball and no call. As I said there were mistakes made, but looking at your own team first is the only thing that matters.
As for Judd, again are you stating the umpires deliberately favour him??

Without question. I stand by my comment that Judd is treated differently to most, if not all other players in the competition.

Smashed the big Pavlova last year and should have been suspended....guess what, he wasn't and went on the win the Brownlow. If that was Big Bad Barry............

The umpiring was disgraceful. So disgraceful the Crows should be lodging a formal complaint against the three men in green. Carlton got an absolute armchair ride and anyone who disagrees didn't watch the game.

Chris Judd is the least worthy Brownlow Medalist ever, and last night just reinforced my view. He isn't the best and fairest in the AFL, he's simply an umpires pet.

As for the commentary, Robert Walls once again showed his bitterness to the Crows for ending his coaching career. Robert, it's been 14 years since you got the sack from Richmond isn't it time you got over it.

LOL have you heard the South Aussie morons from 5AA?

6PR are just as bad. However, both are catering pretty much purely at a local audience. We get the occasional 6PR match, and I'm not sure how much 5AA coverage goes onto 6PR/3AW but I'd dare say it would be minimal.

Having said that, it is the reason why I listen to Triple M. They tend to be more neutral IMO.

No one on here will argue that the 5aa coverage is adelaide biased, but it is only catering to the local listeners.Channel 10 however are broadcasting the game nationally so any biased should be surpressed.
Th otten kick in the nuts that was given a free kick to Waite and tippett being thrown to the ground when not in possession of the ball, the reill mark that wasnt paid a mark are the 3 most blatant free kicks that werent given during the game. All these 3 were worse than anything Carlton werent given

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The bigger disgrace tonight ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back