The Charles Cameron Apology Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie has a lot more to prove before he gets an apology from me. In fact he should be apologising to me for leading me astray thinking he could finally be a decent player.

The big dance is this Saturday. If he plays like he did last week well I will happily come on this thread and give credit....not sure I will apologise.

Some fans are easily satisfied. Each to their own, but he needs to be consistently good and if anyone does not think we have been carrying him a lot this season then you are oddly optimistic.

One great game does not make a great player.

You wrote Cameron off last year and he finished 9th in the b&f.
I didn't. I said that there wasn't room for all 3 of Betts, Milera & Cameron in the same team. I said that Milera's development would end up pushing Cameron out of the team. Milera hasn't developed as quickly as I had hoped/wished/expected, thus the scenario I envisaged hasn't come to fruition.

I doubt very much that Cameron will finish in the top 15 of this year's B&F.

Purely speculative. This topic is saying you were wrong. Based on one game you can't assume anyone's opinions are wrong. Mackay is crucified week in week out while CC was given a free ride and after a couple of good games he is the messiah. I don't see people saying they are wrong about Mackay who has been consistently good over the last couple of months. For the record I said a while back CC would have a good finals period and glad I am being proven right and I hope he decides to stay with the club.

MCrouch 2017 Brownlow Winner
' this topic is saying you were wrong '

All I said was back him in because he's ready to fire in the prelim final

Correct correct correct can't get more correct

You clowns wanting him dropped were wrong - end of story

Charlie has a lot more to prove before he gets an apology from me. In fact he should be apologising to me for leading me astray thinking he could finally be a decent player.

The big dance is this Saturday. If he plays like he did last week well I will happily come on this thread and give credit....not sure I will apologise.

Some fans are easily satisfied. Each to their own, but he needs to be consistently good and if anyone does not think we have been carrying him a lot this season then you are oddly optimistic.

One great game does not make a great player.
Pfffft

He's building a beautiful finals legacy , in fact he's one of our best performed players in finals over the journey

' this topic is saying you were wrong '

All I said was back him in because he's ready to fire in the prelim final

Correct correct correct can't get more correct

You clowns wanting him dropped were wrong - end of story

What happens if he fails in the GF? Do you have to rescind your apology?

Serious question - who has had a better season, Mackay or Cameron?

Very hard to split;
I would say Cameron started well up until probably that Freo game in round 10, then only had a few ok games spluttered throughout a thoroughly underwhelming 12 weeks. Whereas Mackay had 1 or 2 good games in the first 15 rounds then finished strongly in the last 8 or 9. So throughout the home and away you are splitting hair's!

In the finals Mackay has had 2 very decent games, where-as Charlie had an almost game in the EF, and an electric game in the PF.

Charlie Cameron's intangible's and higher ceiling would probably give him the edge on Dmac for me. However Dmac played some very strong footy when the top spot was there to be taken for us. So I would bundle them pretty much side by side

He just kicked 5 in a prelim and is as tough as nails! He will be fine.

Fingers crossed staying.

That doesn't exempt him from disappearing at Brisbane if he moves. At Brisbane he'll end up being nothing more than Petrenko seeing his offensive game really isn't good enough to survive in a weak side.

Here he is effectively carried because for us, anything more than pressure is a bonus. He is the 6th banana for a reason.

If we can get a 1st round pick for him, that's a start the car moment.

We haven't won a prelim since 1998 and have played in how many ? We have been prelim failures

He almost won us a prelim off his own boot , you've got no argument

His finals performances are already legendary , can't take that away from him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesn't exempt him from disappearing at Brisbane if he moves. At Brisbane he'll end up being nothing more than Petrenko seeing his offensive game really isn't good enough to survive in a weak side.

Here he is effectively carried because for us, anything more than pressure is a bonus. He is the 6th banana for a reason.

If we can get a 1st round pick for him, that's a start the car moment.
Yeah we should trade one of our biggest pressure game performers before his peak for an 18 yo kid that struggled to play consistently in the tac cup this year

Great idea

One good game doesn't make up for a season of missed opportunities.

If he can fire up in the GF, then win or lose I'll be back here to apologise to Mr Cameron.
One good game . He's kicked 28 goals for the season and delivered on the biggest stage

You have followed he crows before the last few weeks ? You know that we've been finals and prelim finals failures since 2002?

I didn't. I said that there wasn't room for all 3 of Betts, Milera & Cameron in the same team. I said that Milera's development would end up pushing Cameron out of the team. Milera hasn't developed as quickly as I had hoped/wished/expected, thus the scenario I envisaged hasn't come to fruition.

I doubt very much that Cameron will finish in the top 15 of this year's B&F.
You really are comical

You really are comical
Really? I find you man-love and fanboism for a serial under-performer to be positively hilarious.

One good game does not require an apology. One good game, after CC's career, means he's worthy of admittance to Geelong's Callum Chambers Club. If he can back it up by performing regularly, then he'll earn my admiration. Until then, nothing has changed.

Really? I find you man-love and fanboism for a serial under-performer to be positively hilarious.

One good game does not require an apology. One good game, after CC's career, means he's worthy of admittance to Geelong's Callum Chambers Club. If he can back it up by performing regularly, then he'll earn my admiration. Until then, nothing has changed.
You're a w####### !!!!

Yes something has changed - we finally won a prelim - you know that game that gives you a shot at the flag

You know - the one where we have made failure a habit

You're full of sh1T and you have NFI

1 good game ?

You are so in denial you've given up , just go find a new hobby

We haven't won a prelim since 1998 and have played in how many ? We have been prelim failures

He almost won us a prelim off his own boot , you've got no argument

His finals performances are already legendary , can't take that away from him

Don't disagree with this. The thread however is asking if he deserves an apology and I believe he hasn't made up for his sub standard season up until this point. A better than average GF performance and a consistent 2018 (assuming he is with us) would suggest an apology is owing from me.

Very hard to split;
I would say Cameron started well up until probably that Freo game in round 10, then only had a few ok games spluttered throughout a thoroughly underwhelming 12 weeks. Whereas Mackay had 1 or 2 good games in the first 15 rounds then finished strongly in the last 8 or 9. So throughout the home and away you are splitting hair's!

In the finals Mackay has had 2 very decent games, where-as Charlie had an almost game in the EF, and an electric game in the PF.

Charlie Cameron's intangible's and higher ceiling would probably give him the edge on Dmac for me. However Dmac played some very strong footy when the top spot was there to be taken for us. So I would bundle them pretty much side by side

Fair assessment, for consistency I have Mackay in front but for ability to break a game open like he did Friday then CC has him easily covered. Points to Mackay for me but as you say it's splitting hairs.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Charles Cameron Apology Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back