Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...thats an oxymoron isnt it?

How can you serve a penalty whilst still playing???????

Oh where has the common sense gone with all the B.S. surrounding this part of the issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think i'm in the minority here. I'm getting no joy out of this at all.

Had any Essendon player or official shown genuine remorse or contrition and the pro Essendon media not feed us lies and propaganda for 3 years, I'd agree with you. Also had any Essendon player or official attacked those responsible for this saga (Hird, Dank, Robinson and Thompson), without trying to blame others (AFL, Caro, ASADA) and taken their whack, I'd agree with you. And had their been genuine care or concern for younger players, who most likely did follow their leaders and not question submitting their bodies to experimentation, then I'd also feel more compassion to the human side of this. But sadly, this was about deflection, lies, cover ups, victim blaming and attempting to cheat. What if a player had or does die due to this injecting regime or them or their offspring have serious medical issues in the future? I'm delighted they have been exposed as lying drug cheats and that justice has finally caught up with them.

In the back of my mind this entire saga is what if these drug cheats won a Premiership with this injecting regime? Would simply stripping them be of any comfort to the other teams and clean athletes? No! And imagine it was them that knocked us off in 2012 or 2013. Whilst I agree with your feelings in principle (all Essendon hatred aside, they are still humans) for the sake of our sport and sport world wide, yesterday was a fantastic result for all athletes that are clean and achieve through god given talent and hard work. Whilst Essendon will continue to be noncompetitive for the next 3-4 years, please don't forget this is an outcome of them being caught cheating. If that serves as a very public message to other potential drug cheats then we should all applaud the decision and suspensions. Unless they are morons (most drug cheats are who believe they won't get caught because they are smarter than the system), what are the chances of another team, let alone Australian Rules Football team subjecting themselves to a systematic doping regime like Essendon in 2012? I'd say very slim. Yesterday was a great day for sport and restored many people's faith in "the system". Thank you CAS, I know I'd lost faith!

Had any Essendon player or official shown genuine remorse or contrition and the pro Essendon media not feed us lies and propaganda for 3 years, I'd agree with you. Also had any Essendon player or official attacked those responsible for this saga (Hird, Dank, Robinson and Thompson), without trying to blame others (AFL, Caro, ASADA) and taken their whack, I'd agree with you. And had their been genuine care or concern for younger players, who most likely did follow their leaders and not question submitting their bodies to experimentation, then I'd also feel more compassion to the human side of this. But sadly, this was about deflection, lies, cover ups, victim blaming and attempting to cheat. What if a player had or does die due to this injecting regime or them or their offspring have serious medical issues in the future? I'm delighted they have been exposed as lying drug cheats and that justice has finally caught up with them.

In the back of my mind this entire saga is what if these drug cheats won a Premiership with this injecting regime? Would simply stripping them be of any comfort to the other teams and clean athletes? No! And imagine it was them that knocked us off in 2012 or 2013. Whilst I agree with your feelings in principle (all Essendon hatred aside, they are still humans) for the sake of our sport and sport world wide, yesterday was a fantastic result for all athletes that are clean and achieve through god given talent and hard work. Whilst Essendon will continue to be noncompetitive for the next 3-4 years, please don't forget this is an outcome of them being caught cheating. If that serves as a very public message to other potential drug cheats then we should all applaud the decision and suspensions. Unless they are morons (most drug cheats are who believe they won't get caught because they are smarter than the system), what are the chances of another team, let alone Australian Rules Football team subjecting themselves to a systematic doping regime like Essendon in 2012? I'd say very slim. Yesterday was a great day for sport and restored many people's faith in "the system". Thank you CAS, I know I'd lost faith!
Here here. Reading some great posts this morning - this included

Lending players to Essendon would be fraught with the same danger as lending a piece of clothing to an irresponsible mate.

They'd have you believe they'll look after it but when you get it back it's full of little holes.
What club would want to lend players especially young players to Essendon given how they failed massively in taking care of the players they had by allowing them to be guinea pigs for goodness knows what they injected them with. Major trust issues with that club at the moment for me. Too many things were covered up.

I still can't believe some thought the afl commission would ping them again :drunk:

Instead our money will be going to the filthy drug cheating scabs, that's fair.

I don't know how anybody can have confidence in this afl commission, still is the exact same thing its always been, a boys bum club. When Gary Lyon questions the afl commissions boys bum club the way he did yesterday you know things are crook, but as usual absolutely nothing will be done about it by the clubs or the supporters, which is more pathetic than cheating with drugs to win.

Ah man, this is beaut! Thanks for posting.

What shits me is when Gerard says 'Will Essendon be punished?' And Gil goes on about the biggest sanctions in history blah blah blah, Gerard doesn't just add 'But we were made very clear at the time that those punishments were for governance, in fact you yourself Gillon stressed several times that it was nothing to do with injecting drugs'

Ol' Gil absolutely destroyed Slobbo in this. Every time Slobbo tried to pull him up on something he played a straight bat and shut him down.

Also, I don't think King's idea of playing rookies from other clubs is entirely ludicrous. It could be a way to give game time to guys who wouldn't get a game with their current teams. They then came back next year with some experience. I guess it'd be down to the clubs to determine whether throwing them in the deep end at Essendon would be better for their development than the in-house development and games in the magoos/dev squad.

If you run one of the best restaurants in the land, you don't lend your apprentice out to the dodgy take away joint down on the corner that gets multiple complaints about the poor quality of the food and visits from the local council because they had a major salmonella outbreak last year.

The amount of "poor players " spin is going to do my head in
How is it that players do not include these injections on their running sheets yet we are being fed that they were duped and the innocent parties in this
IMO they knew they were covering there own arses
No sympathy whatsoever

I think we can all be pleased that Justice has been done(finally).
The positive result is that any club or it's employees contemplating an illicit drug program have been warned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What club would want to lend players especially young players to Essendon given how they failed massively in taking care of the players they had by allowing them to be guinea pigs for goodness knows what they injected them with. Major trust issues with that club at the moment for me. Too many things were covered up.
Exactly my point.

Our rookies will get a better learning experience playing at Box Hill anyway.

What knowledge did the individual player managers have of the situation at Essendon? Surely some players would have consulted or at least told their management about the injection regime and sought advice as to whether they should be signing forms, getting copies of documentation or getting an opinion from their own doctor.

Offer the rookies bit parts in Goddard's movie trilogy. The script for Injectors II: The Gap Year is currently in development.

Absolutely moronic comments from the AFLPA CEO/President (whatever he is). Wants to opt out of the WADA code immediately after they've pinged a team for cheating. Does that ******* realize what kind of message that sends to the world?!

you mean this guy?

marsh.jpg or is it this guy? beaker.jpg

you mean this guy?

View attachment 206523 or is it this guy? View attachment 206524
Some of the statements these clowns are making are embarrassing....... it's like they haven't read the finding or something. (Or perhaps they are hoping others havent)

eg he says..... "we maintain the position that the players have done nothing wrong and this decision does nothing to change that" "the players took all reasonable steps to ensure what they were given was compliant with the WADA code" "what more could the players have done to ensure the supplements were compliant?" - err it's all in the findings document if you read it.

Is it correct that the main difference between the AFL Tribunal and CAS is:

1. The AFL Tribunal concluded that the lack of documentation meant there was insufficient proof of any offending;

2. CAS saw it as damning, and proof that there must have been cheating going on.

Is this right?

Fact is, they won't be on the convicted drug taker's list next year, so they'll probably be pushed more than the proper listed players this season,, hence these newbies will be subject to injuries, perhaps even long term. No thanks, druggies, keep your dirty mitts off our players.

My BIL had a bet on Friday that the bombers would make the 4. I said, don't you think it would of made sense to wait until after the verdict on Tuesday.
"Shit, forgot about that. We'll be right"

I sent him a text saying "shame about that bet - let's hope you did t bet the house on it"
Whats a BIL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back