Rumour The dynasty is gaining momentum

Remove this Banner Ad

deboer doubtedly top 22 yet alone top 10 (he is one of my favourite players but i don't see him as a gun) top 10 hard to list now but off top of my head (no order)
1) Fyfe (to young?? MAYBE MAYBE NOT.)
2) Barlow (Good leader, Hard, definately captain material - not on leadership group)
3) Pavlich (X talking when he goes)
4) Sandilands (X why replace with another old)
5) Mcpharlin (X to old to replace pav)
6) Mundy (X to old to replace pav)
7) Hill (doesnt seem like captain)
8) Walters (Doesn't seem like captain)
9) Crowley (Not captain material, maybe old as well)
10) Mayne (Biggest problem is filling top 10, never going to lose place in team but - leads by example)
Theres players unlucky to miss out
Players lucky to get in (in some of your views)
dont criticise though as i'm just following gav's rules with my own personal opinion.
Never said my 10 were right or my judgements but thought i'd put it out there.

forgot to mention theres players outside 10 who i think could be captain material.
One imparticular is Spurr who is guarranteed a game even once young guns push for spot)
Deboer if can cement his place in team would be a good leader as well

Suban has been touted as a leader from a young age, but he has the "is he best 22" problem
I'm still sticking with Mayne

If Pav can hold on for a couple more seasons I don't see it going to anyone except Fyfe.

I recon Fyfe has enough pressure on him. I actually think that Maybe would be a great leader. he does the team things, he puts his body on the line, and he follows the rules. He is inspiring, and is full of confidence.

i'll come back to this thread later in the day when I have had a better think about it.

I don't think we need our captain to be the best player we have. I just want him to be an example of hard work and team discipline.

That's why I like Chris Mayne, he doesn't have to get ten clearances in a quarter to lift his team, he just needs to chase really hard and tackle. In my opinion a role player makes for a better captain.

Chris Mayne is an inspirational player, bleeds purple, tries his guts out, is loved by his team mates. He is a loveable goofball. He IS NOT a leader of men and future captain.

Personally IMO Hayden Ballantyne is coming in to his own as a leader. Not an obvious choice but when you see him play his team mates look to him for inspiration and seem to love him. He leads by doing.

But I think Nat Fyfe is the obvious choice. He is very thoughtful and is a player that lifts when the pressure is on. However he is only young and I think we could do worse than Captain by committee for a few years with a combination of Mundy, Barlow and Ballas. And then when Fyfe hits about 24 he will take over lead the club into the future.

Jon Griffin for captain.

You'd be surprised.

Good Call and keep in Mind had he not had his knee injury, I am dead certain he would of been AA this year.

I actually thought. De Boer should be the next Captain. De Boer reminds me of Mark Bickley when he was Captain of the crows: He was not a superstar player but was always a solid contributor and was always had a good game. Chris Mayne or Barlow would be good as well.

It would of been interesting giving the captaincy to Mundy for this season and see how he went.

I dont mind De Boer leading the club for 2-3 seasons then hand it over to Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back