Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How accurate is this? I know someone from Broken Hill who told me early on what a gun Tex was and was going to be. He was playing against men and performing very well. I would be surprised we didn’t identify that talent as well.

100% remember reading articles years ago about Tex clearly wanting to play for the crows but us showing less initial interest than other Vic clubs and he and his family having to escalate the issue to our drafting team.

All worked out in the end at you are right AFTER we selected him he went on to dominate the local league and kicked 7 in the GF based on memory

100% remember reading articles years ago about Tex clearly wanting to play for the crows but us showing less initial interest than other Vic clubs and he and his family having to escalate the issue to our drafting team.

All worked out in the end at you are right AFTER we selected him he went on to dominate the local league and kicked 7 in the GF based on memory
yep, that's the way I remember it too

Wasn't it Fantasia who had no interest in him?

Wasn't it Fantasia who had no interest in him?
You may well be right - I can’t remember - but it was around the time we were transitioning from **** up Fantasia to Rendell

Certainly happy to blame **** up Fantasia. That said, Rendell didn’t initially endear himself to the crows faithful either in his first season:

(1) ****** up the trading of one of our players to Bullies (either Welsh or Hudson from memory) and only specified a pick in a certain round (2nd I think), that the Bullies then traded down on and we ended up with a worse draft pick. Rendells “we will have a laugh about it later” or words to that effect certainly got many of the crows faithful offside immediately
(2) Pick 10: Patrick Dangerfield- one of the all time great melt threads :)

It was Elmination Final vs the Scum.

How accurate is this? I know someone from Broken Hill who told me early on what a gun Tex was and was going to be. He was playing against men and performing very well. I would be surprised we didn’t identify that talent as well.

There's no doubt he had talent, and people knew it. All kids who go in the first few rounds of the draft have talent.

There were some concerns, especially early on, how he would go in a stronger league. Yes, he played against men at Broken Hill, but they weren't top of the line footballers. Those concerns were alleviated somewhat when he had a strong performance in the championships and in the few TAC Cup games he played in his draft year. He kept kicking bags in finals at Broken Hill, too.

There were concerns early on that he wouldn't be KPF height, he had levelled out around 6'1" at one stage and was pretty skinny. He didn't test very quick and there were concerns how he'd go at that height. As we now know, he put on an extra few inches in his draft year which made him an appropriate height.

By the time the 2007 draft came along, everyone knew we were getting a talented player, but he was a talented player who hadn't had much exposure against the other talented kids. There were question marks over how he would go against top-line players, rather than men in a country league. Obviously, he proved any doubts wrong!

There's no doubt he had talent, and people knew it. All kids who go in the first few rounds of the draft have talent.

There were some concerns, especially early on, how he would go in a stronger league. Yes, he played against men at Broken Hill, but they weren't top of the line footballers. Those concerns were alleviated somewhat when he had a strong performance in the championships and in the few TAC Cup games he played in his draft year. He kept kicking bags in finals at Broken Hill, too.

There were concerns early on that he wouldn't be KPF height, he had levelled out around 6'1" at one stage and was pretty skinny. He didn't test very quick and there were concerns how he'd go at that height. As we now know, he put on an extra few inches in his draft year which made him an appropriate height.

By the time the 2007 draft came along, everyone knew we were getting a talented player, but he was a talented player who hadn't had much exposure against the other talented kids. There were question marks over how he would go against top-line players, rather than men in a country league. Obviously, he proved any doubts wrong!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/welcome-taylor-walker-broken-hill-junior.244438/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/taylor-backs-it-up.327193/

Some great reads in retrospect

So I was listening to the Jon Blake radio show and he was mentioning about a conversation between Bicks and Rowie about Podcasts.

Apparently Bicks likes listening to podcasts on his morning runs.
Rowie said you that he shouldn't listen to them as they are not main stream media.

He then goes on to say further 'You don't listen to that Howard Stern do you?'

He has no idea! Howard Stern is main stream media in America and doesn't do a podcast.
He didn't play the full audio to hear it further but sounds like Rowie had no idea as usual.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, that’s very entertaining!

(1) so so many banned posters like Crowmo etc - I do wonder what these old favourites are up to these days as a permanent ban seemingly precludes them ever being let back on BF under a different alias :)
(2) Diatribe posting as a crows fan before jumping the fence
(3) so many agreeing he wouldn’t make it due to his size of 186 cms
(4) Rucci even having whinge back then re Crows misleading him

Wow, that’s very entertaining!

(1) so so many banned posters like Crowmo etc - I do wonder what these old favourites are up to these days as a permanent ban seemingly precludes them ever being let back on BF under a different alias :)
(2) Diatribe posting as a crows fan before jumping the fence
(3) so many agreeing he wouldn’t make it due to his size of 186 cms
(4) Rucci even having whinge back then re Crows misleading him
Long time listener, first time caller?

Tex sent the club a highlights package of himself and basically said draft me. He never wanted to play for anyone else.

When I did that they didn’t even return my VHS... :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back