The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Now every other club is on Aka's side! Good luck in finals without him.

I, like Sam, support the Bulldogs even though I follow another club. No longer.

This is the best thing I've read in the past three pages.

Us against the world - let's go out and win these next nine matches.

It all starts on Sunday - time to come out in numbers and back the boys.

What a joke this show is.

Rose held himself very well tonight, Sam was disgraceful.

Feel somewhat sorry for Akermanis, but hope your club pulls through this well for you guys.

All the best for the rest of the season, Bulldogs Premiers 2010.

This is the best thing I've read in the past three pages.

Us against the world - let's go out and win these next nine matches.

It all starts on Sunday - time to come out in numbers and back the boys.
Yeah, let's recapture our image of the underdogs that nobody cares for. It's what has kept us going throughout the years so we don't need any bullshit from anyone else.

EDIT: Except for Warrior. He's a cool guy.

Did I say we want him. You can't say that the club delt with this well. Go an read posts on other boards. You guys are coping a caning.

You guys are so one eyed. Can't you be critical of your club for once.

I wouldn't go round poting guys from other clubs supporting your team. You will be left with no members.

That's possibly the stupidest thing I have seen written in this thread and that's saying something.

What do you expect me to say? "I think the club's crap, the board's crap and the team is a disgrace". Not a chance.

I don't give care what posters from other clubs are saying - not interested at all.

I loved you aka but now you have shown your true colours hanging shit on bubba telling rose to piss off and saying you didn't leak info so how did Sam know about things that happened at the club

I wonder if the players that have rung and text him with what Aker calls support will 'trust' him again after he has given them up on national television....

He doesn't want to help the club he just wants to divide it further. Comments about James Fantasia and Simon Garlick (unit I think it was) are uncalled for. Bagging the captain and legend of the club is uncalled for. Great footballer and has been great for the club but his head is too far up his arse to see that talking to Newman and co about football related matters is not a leak.....

At the end of the day he has done nothing this year anyway so from a football point of view no great loss in my humble opinion.

Disappointing that at the end of the segment, after Aker shook Rose's hand he felt the need to tell him to piss off after he went off stage.

To me, that is unbelievable that he would do that on national TV. Shows a complete lack of class and proper behaviour. In doing this, he hurts himself a lot more than he would Cam Rose.

Bulldogs did the right thing. The great unwashed are just disappointed to be losing a source of controversy and gossipy trash. Utterly informed simpletons... i.e. the target demographic of Sam Newman, the Herald Sun and Steve Price.

None of them would want him at their club.

Hope you win the flag.

I thought Campbell handled it really well as he was on a hiding to nothing. I think Aker just does not get it. 2 clubs had the same problem with him and it is still not him with the problem.
I like Aker but his final comment was poor.

Hmmmm.
Good bit of telly.
Akermanis came out of it looking better than the bulldogs.
I do believe if Akermanis had of been playing well, he wouldn't be gone...
But he came off in the interview as a w***er.
Maybe Barry Hall supported Akermanis and didn't want to be put on the spot and go against the club...
More questions than answers still!
And Sam didn't cut up his membership, been a Bulldogs member for 7 years :) , I hope those who are bagging him remember that he is paid millions to be a clown and offer dud opinions, whilst you sit behind a computer screen giving urs for free... Not much difference.

How did David Smorgan not front that tonight?

He's in charge of the club, he oversaw what happened. Probably had a say in it.

To get the CEO, who was at the CEO conference for the last few days, to have to come in and take that treatment. Poor form by the club.

Akermanis got in enough trouble for the article on gay people, at the time his form was poor. Club told him to go back to the VFL to get his act right. Apparently form was fine. Called a VFL player a dribbler.

To go from that to 'leaking secrets' (that he sat in front of the playing group and was grilled by them - 3 times), and then being told they 'lost trust in him' to requesting him to resign, declined, to then being sacked.

IF
what Ackermanis is saying that the thought of mistrust was being elevated, and the Brad Johnson 'loaded question' on Monday is true, gee, talk about getting it wrong.

Not bagging out your club, but far from well handled.

explain how we did that ...

**** i've never seen some many deadshits in one thread lol.
Deadshits? Oh thanks.
The players had a meeting behind Akers back with the intention to get him sacked, and as it was said, prior to this, Brad was acting all kind and stuff. It works.

Bombers supporters seem to have a lot to say for themselves on this issue.

Much rather be in our position than yours.
I know, this could 'galvinise your playing group'
Nah, this is going to be so detrimental it's not funny, I'm currently relatively content with our position because I feel that we've already reached the bottom point and all we can do now is go up, and finals are gone for this year.
This whole thing will separate the playing group and threatens these last few weeks into the finals a lot, it's only going to get worse from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the players that have rung and text him with what Aker calls support will 'trust' him again after he has given them up on national television....

He doesn't want to help the club he just wants to divide it further. Comments about James Fantasia and Simon Garlick (unit I think it was) are uncalled for. Bagging the captain and legend of the club is uncalled for. Great footballer and has been great for the club but his head is too far up his arse to see that talking to Newman and co about football related matters is not a leak.....

At the end of the day he has done nothing this year anyway so from a football point of view no great loss in my humble opinion.

Exactly.

Aker has just shown his true colours.

Saying he wishes us well then trying to divide the team - oooh, he got a text from a coupla players wishing him well. Well whhoooppeee do.

I wish Cam Rose agreed to see them on the TV screen & after 2 of them there would be no more to speak about.

Bombers supporters seem to have a lot to say for themselves on this issue.

Much rather be in our position than yours.

Which position is that?

One premiership to sixteen?

Aker won that publicity stunt.

Not saying who is right or wrong, but surely rose was not the right
man for that ambush.

Gutsy and wise decision by The Western Bulldogs to get rid of the Aker distraction before the finals
Aker always comes first in his own mind and was more interested in furthering his media career .Hopefully the media realise he is poison and dont support him.......not holding my breath though
The Bullies are my second team and Akers performance on the Footy Show really got my blood boiling
Hope you guys put this behind you quickly and focus on doing well in the finals

How did David Smorgan not front that tonight?

He's in charge of the club, he oversaw what happened. Probably had a say in it.

To get the CEO, who was at the CEO conference for the last few days, to have to come in and take that treatment. Poor form by the club.

Akermanis got in enough trouble for the article on gay people, at the time his form was poor. Club told him to go back to the VFL to get his act right. Apparently form was fine. Called a VFL player a dribbler.

To go from that to 'leaking secrets' (that he sat in front of the playing group and was grilled by them - 3 times), and then being told they 'lost trust in him' to requesting him to resign, declined, to then being sacked.

IF
what Ackermanis is saying that the thought of mistrust was being elevated, and the Brad Johnson 'loaded question' on Monday is true, gee, talk about getting it wrong.

Not bagging out your club, but far from well handled.

Don't care what you or any other opposition supporters have to say. Bag the club all you like.

What doesn't kill us....

Which position is that?

One premiership to sixteen?

Aker won that publicity stunt.

Not saying who is right or wrong, but surely rose was not the right
man for that ambush.
In the arena where he had all the popular support. Not hard for you to be top shit on a television show when you're on a show like that.

Well that was a hard show to watch. Feel sorry for Aker but god if he had just kept his trap shut, get his hammy right he would have had a chance to aid in a trophy come September!

Either way its a say day for the doggies and everyone who watched that would feel slightly less love and perhaps respect for us a team and organisation.

The Diex

I for one still thought Aker still had something to give on the field.

But he had to be moved on. He lost the trust of the team. It doesn't matter the why's or what for's. The only thing that matters is that it was lost. And from that point on his position is untenable.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Will going back and dissecting every issue change anything? Nope. And a week in footy is a long time. This will be nothing in a few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back