Autopsy The gentle dogs go down in a thriller

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Darcy is moving past him rapidly. Remember last year when some commentators were lazy and said JUH had moved past Naughton! They had/have no idea. Naughton has missed the last two weeks but still got rated in Champion Data’s top10 in whole the league this season. Naughton and Darcy and the team will leave JUH in their wake if he doesn’t get fair dinkum.
Yup, it's a shame

JUH does have the talent imo. Can lead beautifully, solid marks, was once an accurate goal kicker

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Sam Darcy is moving past him rapidly. Remember last year when some commentators were lazy and said JUH had moved past Naughton! They had/have no idea. Naughton has missed the last two weeks but still got rated in Champion Data’s top10 in whole the league this season. Naughton and Darcy and the team will leave JUH in their wake if he doesn’t get fair dinkum.
It is why I am happy JUH has only signed for 2 mote years. Needs to get consistency and effort

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That should be the last we see of Daniel, Bramble and a 2kpd backline
If only.

The cupboard is pretty bare but I agree we need to keep trying players to see who's a keeper.

I think I've finally given up on Daniel and I find that very sad. He's a Bullgod.

Why aren't there a million likes for this post?

The Berry tag and the Neale non-tag set them up for the night and we gradually lost confidence. This move alone gave the coaching points to Fagan. Comprehensively.
The initial post almost made me laugh. Why would we be surprised?! It happens far too often. In fact, it was only last week we let the oppositions best player run around unopposed for three quarters.

Honestly can't be too harsh on that much of tonight. We struggled but were due to after the last 2 weeks of being so unsettled, the bye can't come quick enough. Just sucks the impact the Sydney loss will have on our season when added to this one.

I hate to play the "who was most injured game" after the media/Collingwood fans last week but geez it would have been nice to see how we went with a forwardline. Jamarra needs to get that fitness up ASAP.

Typical to let Hipwood and whoever number 13 was have career games.

We lost total team run by 8km again. Think that’s 12 of 13 games we’ve ran less than our oppo. Coaching, fitness, work rate or all 3?
I think it’s a genuine excuse that Brisbane have had two byes and we haven’t even had one. Whoever ticked that rubbish off at the AFL will probably get a promotion.

I dare say stats are slightly screwed with Aus having early injuries the last few weeks.

Honestly I'm just sad. I, like many people, felt that the team was onto greener pastures off the back of the last month. That's not to say we should ignore the good work we did throughout May but tonight was a step back. Don't like to speak ill of our players but there are definitely some who provide very little to the team and they showed out tonight. Injuries have completely decimated our team, and while that's not an excuse, it does need to be taken into account. Really disappointing but all we can do is move onto next week and hope we can beat the Dockers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on. We have to have better standards than this.

It wasn’t Sydney at the SCG, it was ****ing Brisbane at Marvel. Who have won four games all season and have been beaten by any serious team.

I’m so fed up with what passes for acceptable for this team. Tonight was ****ing abysmal.

How about a reality check - the last 2 weeks took a lot out of the team, and they then have to front up against a rested team playing for their season. And a grand final team short of 3 players.

A team that have already had 2 byes and have had 2 weeks to plan.
Add the fact that we are missing 6 of our first 18 and the result is obvious.

The competition is massively compromised.Enjoy the entertainment and wait until it is our turn to get the right side of the draw.

Oops, we now get Freo off a weeks break. Great - we thencplay north after a bye, as opposed to a top 8 side .

Fabulous stuff.

This matters - it is a game of tight margins. The odds were ridiculous tonight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The 'multiple teams having two byes well before we have one' thing is something they AFL should answer but of course they won't. It's a disgrace. Not the reason we lost but we would've got extra numbers back and been fresher had we at least had one bye by now.

Also, I want Lobb to see out the year in the VFL. I would happily never seen him in red white and blue again. Should not be paid tonight. Absolute disgrace and taking the club for a ride. Would prefer if he was sent to play at Western Region FL if I'm honest. Embarrassment to the jumper.

Last edited:
I reckon he will be in next week
Might have been handy tonight.

However he is not yet solid enough for the 1-on-1 stuff. And the way our defensive system got exposed tonight you could have had prime Geoff Southby there and he would have struggled. So he might've dodged a bullet by having another game in the twos.

Definitely next week though.

Why aren't there a million likes for this post?

The Berry tag and the Neale non-tag set them up for the night and we gradually lost confidence. This move alone gave the coaching points to Fagan. Comprehensively.

Bevo if asked about doing this:

Season 2 No GIF by The Lonely Island

How about a reality check - the last 2 weeks took a lot out of the team, and they then have to front up against a rested team playing for their season. And a grand final team short of 3 players.

A team that have already had 2 byes and have had 2 weeks to plan.
Add the fact that we are missing 6 of our first 18 and the result is obvious.

The competition is massively compromised.Enjoy the entertainment and wait until it is our turn to get the right side of the draw.

Oops, we now get Freo off a weeks break. Great - we thencplay north after a bye, as opposed to a top 8 side .

Fabulous stuff.

This matters - it is a game of tight margins. The odds were ridiculous tonight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every team is missing players, including Brisbane. Yes, the comp is compromised but it doesn’t excuse the basic issues that are evident during almost every loss we have.

That “grand final team short of three players” were (I think) 4-1-6 before tonight. A bunch of teams beat them comfortably during that period.

If we’re reliant on teams being ready/easy to beat I’m not sure how we win a flag. How about we’re able to make good decisions, execute tackles properly and then kick goals when required.

Keath hammy.

Its Buss time.
Did he? I missed that, was that brought up in the post game? Easy choice then for Buss to slide in. JOD can stay forward another week, did ok there mostly matched up with a pretty good defender.

Edit - Yep just saw it on twitter, will be very disappointed if Buss isn't in next week.

So frustrating when the likes of McNeil, Gags and Vandermeer get involved in our possession chains and just completely butcher it. Gags could be nearly the worst decision maker I've ever seen.

Can't work out why Buku wasn't subbed on much earlier.. Clearly needed to try something.

Duryea was really good. Garcia great. Jones held up well considering the amount of quick ball coming in. Bont decent second half. Williams solid.

The rest.. Meh!

Really wish our bye was this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back