The Good, the Bad and the Very Very Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bad & Ugly:

Our intensity and laziness for the first 7 mins of the first quarter and the whole 2nd and 3rd quarters. This is what frustrarted me about yesterdays game.

Hang on. He's improving but he does have lapses. I've seem them. I've also noted the good improvements, and would have him in the side on the understanding its an area he needs to SHINE in if he's to be the great player we need.., could be brownlow stuff... set him a goal.

Im a Knights fan and always have, but there were 3-4 possessions he really stuffed up by not picking the right option. There were two opportunities for goals which were crucial and which were missed.

Mind you Welshy, Shirls and Mattner train also had this same problem in front of goal today.

Im a Knights fan and always have, but there were 3-4 possessions he really stuffed up by not picking the right option. There were two opportunities for goals which were crucial and which were missed.

Mind you Welshy, Shirls and Mattner train also had this same problem in front of goal today.

Mattner in front of goal at a crucial stage, wearing Burton boots.It was a big brain fade but I think he wasn't the only one, we as fans could single out. I think Porps is the only player who could say he showed pride in the guernsey and Roo can be excused for lack of match practice but in the last quarter there were signs of Roo returning to his best.

Quite frankly I've had a gutful of the Knights critics - an absolute gutful. :thumbsdown:

This kid is one of our future stars performing at a high level week after week well above his years yet week after week the same lemmings follow each other with the sort of crap you've trotted out above.

The stats say you lemmings couldn't be more wrong. Out of 25 disposals, 21 were effective. He had the 6th highest efficiency rate in the team yesterday, with 2 of those with higher efficiency ratings only having 10 or less disposals.

There were 16 - that's SIXTEEN (big letters for the benefit of the slow ones) - players who were less efficient with their disposals, yet as usual the same lemmings incorrectly home in on Knights.

FFs - get yourself a new script. Not only is this one incorrect, it's irritating and boring!! :mad: :thumbsdown:

Amen to that. Knights would be in our top 6 players of the past few weeks.

:D You can't be serious?

Even the Channel 10 commentators, who were all ridiculously biased, said it wasn't a free. How the heck could you say otherwise? Watch it again, I guarantee that you are wrong.

After how many replays? I saw the front on vision we all saw and went ''ouch'' yet after about 5 replays it looked confusing.

The umpires only get 1 go at it as well... maybe we need to teach our players about using their chest area to hold an opponent out

After how many replays? I saw the front on vision we all saw and went ''ouch'' yet after about 5 replays it looked confusing.

The umpires only get 1 go at it as well... maybe we need to teach our players about using their chest area to hold an opponent out

No.

Umpires need to be taught to make decisions on what they see, not on how the players react.

Simple.

No.

Umpires need to be taught to make decisions on what they see, not on how the players react.

Simple.

Spot on.

It had already gotten to the stage where players were being rewarded for propelling themselves forward theatrically in the contest, whereas players who stand their ground and contest honestly get nothing.

This year's interpretation of hands in the back has made it even worse - you can see the umpire's brain ticking over, "well, I'm not sure if it was that much of a push - but gee whiz, he did move forward, had to be hands in the back at least!"

The Bock/Robertson one - the Melbourne man had no business even being in the contest. Was out of position and was duly outbodied by the bigger man, yet propelled forward and got rewarded. Piss weak.

Spot on.

It had already gotten to the stage where players were being rewarded for propelling themselves forward theatrically in the contest, whereas players who stand their ground and contest honestly get nothing.

This year's interpretation of hands in the back has made it even worse - you can see the umpire's brain ticking over, "well, I'm not sure if it was that much of a push - but gee whiz, he did move forward, had to be hands in the back at least!"

The Bock/Robertson one - the Melbourne man had no business even being in the contest. Was out of position and was duly outbodied by the bigger man, yet propelled forward and got rewarded. Piss weak.

That decision was one of those that was so bad that the Dees fans in the row in front of us felt compelled to turn around and sympathise. My son asked me "what was that a free for, Dad?". I told him to "ask the nice gentleman we were talking to, because I can't explain that", and the Melbourne supporter said to him "that's Mr. Goldspink. He sees things a bit differently to the rest of us."

Having said that, it's a push if you propel the guy forward to stand there unopposed. It's clearly not a push if the ball is going to land 2 metres behind
you and you have to dive backwards yourself to mark it (as Bock did). The contest is where the ball is.

A valid criticism Nikki that certainly applied to our whole team, Knights noticeably in the first quarter.

Which of course is still unrelated to the factually incorrect criticism of his disposal.

Which brings into question of NC' statement of a couple of years ago that he doesn't drag players if they make a mistake.

I haven't noticed it until Saturday's game. Sitting on the Eastern side of PF you don't get to see the rotations :p, but as I was sitting just side on to the interchange bench at the 'G', poor old Nighta was on and off like a revolving door. Seemed also just after he made a clanger.

THE VERY VERY GOOD

Being situated up near the Melbourne Football club funtionroom, I nearly didn't make it back home. Boy some of those young lasses in their tight jeans and high boots. :D

A real heart starter. :thumbsu:

DT I will suffer the indignety and watch the replay ....and will give you my view later ....btw what is pwned???

It is Monday, not only was the umpire out of position and in front of the contest but Bock did everything right and once again another acting job just about the only thing Robertson did all day got him another shot on goal this call was made twice Robertson got two free kicks in this manner one more of a performance then the last holding your ground is perfectly allowable with an arm-bar Bocks mark was legitimate.
Robertsons two out of his three shots at goal were gifts from poor umpiring.
Players are being penalized for marking the ball by players pushing back into them and acting as if they are actually in the marking contest when they are already under the ball and out of the contest.
Acting brings the game into disrepute more then most reportable offenses on the field and making it reportable would be a fair idea I think, this would very much help the umpires in there job as well.

It is Monday, not only was the umpire out of position and in front of the contest but Bock did everything right and once again another acting job just about the only thing Robertson did all day got him another shot on goal this call was made twice Robertson got two free kicks in this manner one more of a performance then the last holding your ground is perfectly allowable with an arm-bar Bocks mark was legitimate.
Robertsons two out of his three shots at goal were gifts from poor umpiring.

We need to get past the umpiring, we cop the same deal from them every week.

We didn't play well enough and did not deserve to win. I think we should look at how we can improve our game plan and how we can gain momentum of the game when we start to lose it.
These two things are vital for us in getting back to the side we know we can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good, the Bad and the Very Very Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back