Preview The Grand Final Edition 🏆🏉 👊 Collingwood vs Brisbane, 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Just watching the game against Gold Coast to get a sense of how Cameron, Cox and Frampton might work together. Frampton late in Q1 and then in Q2-3 appears to have been tasked with occupying Ballard, who at the time was the #1 intercept mark in the game.

De Goey, Sidebottom and Ginnivan didn’t play, and McStay wasn’t back yet, but Harrison, Noble and Adams were there.
Funny I’m watching that now too. Wanted to see Billy Frampton kick 2 goals. And playing in a side with both rucks.
And he was playing this time, because McStay was out. Precisely the predicament we have now.
First he covered Howe. Then he covered rucks.
Then he covered McStay.
Then later, he covered Moore in the last two games of the season.
There is no one more fitting to bring in than Frampton. We’ve used him this way all season to great effect.

Last edited:
That's what I think too...we won't be relying on Frampton to score goals himself fo much, of course if he does, that's a bonus..but more to take a defender, Andrews preferably..bring the ball to ground, tap it to the forwards, give Cox & Cameron a rest when required...

Be the ultimate role player, which he has done extremely well when asked throughout the year.

Remember the good old days when we used to value key forwards for their ability to take marks and kick goals, rather than their ability to “take a defender, bring the ball to ground and tap it forwards”?

I miss those days.

But Big Bad Bustling Billy Frampton looks a bit Old School to me. So I’m putting him down for three F50 marks and two goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remember the good old days when we used to value key forwards for their ability to take marks and kick goals, rather than their ability to “take a defender, bring the ball to ground and tap it forwards”?

I miss those days.

But Big Bad Bustling Billy Frampton looks a bit Old School to me. So I’m putting him down for three F50 marks and two goals.

I don't really miss those days because we haven't had one of those for so long .. 😆

So it now looks almost certain that Frampton is the replacement for McStay.

We’ll miss Adams’ hardness and combativeness. Others will just have to step up.

I’m guessing Frampton starts forward. If that’s not working he swaps with Howe or is subbed out for Ginni. Not a bad inclusion from a structural and flexibility point of view.

I’d love to see him mark and goal in Q1 to settle the nerves and ask a few questions of the Lions’ backs.

Cough cough lipinski cough cough. Has to, absolutely no excuses harden the **** up and make some hits and stick some tackles!

Cough cough lipinski cough cough. Has to, absolutely no excuses harden the * up and make some hits and stick some tackles!
Lipinski is going to need to address his game or find himself out of the team with Macrae and Allan developing like they are.

F U footy gods.

Payne likely available to play

Weather likely to be 29 deg - suits bris

Meanwhile, ruled out for us is an in form McStay and and in form Tay.

I think we can cover them and will probably win.

Not the point.

Just for ONCE *N ONCE how about things go in OUR favour come GF week? Just once, surely not too much to ask!

Footy gods just * off, bunch of cnuts! *n Infuriating!!

F U footy gods.

Not the point.

Just for ONCE *N ONCE how about things go in OUR favour come GF week? Just once, surely not too much to ask!

I don't really understand this tbh. Different heat to what Brisbane get plus we train in summer when it can get over 40.

F U footy gods.

Not the point.

They are missing Ashcroft who was having a very good season

F U footy gods.

Not the point.

If you can't play in 29 degree heat, then don't live in Australia. 29 is warm but it's not sweltering. Good hydration, nutrition, etc and the boys will be fine. As someone else said, we do our pre-season in January.

I don't really understand this tbh. Different heat to what Brisbane get plus we train in summer when it can get over 40.
The point is, everything seems to be going in bris favour, full team to select from

Not in favour for us, the weather, tell me 29 deg is ideal for a team that trains and plays mostly between 5 and 20 deg. Suits them more than us.

We have two needed players out.

I swear every time we play a GF the opposition is always, always more favoured with things like injury, weather, whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lipinski is going to need to address his game or find himself out of the team with Macrae and Allan developing like they are.
The game the other night I saw at least 5 times he moved his body out of the way and was reaching for the ball with nothing behind himie no body contact. There was one time he went in full body in the centre and created a stoppage, was exactly what he needed to do, so is capable. 1/6 contests won’t stand up in a GF, hope he can turn that 1/6 into 6/6 every contest. They were discussing on SEN the other day how important bottom 4-6 players are in GF and can more often than not be the difference, so need these guys to play out of their skins.

They are missing Ashcroft who was having a very good season

If you can't play in 29 degree heat, then don't live in Australia. 29 is warm but it's not sweltering. Good hydration, nutrition, etc and the boys will be fine. As someone else said, we do our pre-season in January.
You're both missing the point.

When is good luck going to bestow us before a GF? I can't remember ever having much luck before a GF, compared to the opponent.

I think the Gold Coast game is what we look to. From that line up, these would be the changes.

Steele was out injured. He goes back to his wing.

WHE was on the wing, but he moves to half back instead of Noble (who I can’t see fitting back in)

DeGoey was suspended so he’s in for Adams.

Ginnivan the sub instead of Harvey Harrison.

This game saw Billy Frampton kick two goals. Granted the opposition wasn’t great, but it was our best 4 quarter effort all year.

I think the inclusion of Steele to the wing, WHE to half back and DeGoey over Adams improve this Gold Coast game line up.

4201C3A5-D862-4603-8BA0-67C00059BDAD.png E9E602B1-2BFA-41EF-80DC-DFEB663FF737.png

Last edited:
The game the other night I saw at least 5 times he moved his body out of the way and was reaching for the ball with nothing behind himie no body contact. There was one time he went in full body in the centre and created a stoppage, was exactly what he needed to do, so is capable. 1/6 contests won’t stand up in a GF, hope he can turn that 1/6 into 6/6 every contest. They were discussing on SEN the other day how important bottom 4-6 players are in GF and can more often than not be the difference, so need these guys to play out of their skins.
Who's in our bottom six?

Lipinski? Ginnivan? WHE? Maybe Markov? Cameron in bad form?

Agree. It’s the humid heat of Brisbane where they get their advantage. It’s possible this heat will advantage us. It’s our climate. Dry heat is ok. Both teams will get fatigued. Might make for lower scoring.

You could come up for issues for most teams in every grand final. The best team wins on the day that's all it is.

No excuses. A sunny day is good for us too, it's the humidity that kills teams in QLD not the heat. Taylor Adams has been out for awhile. Our best midfielder has just come back looking great.

Yes Mcstay is unfortunate but we had to deal with this very same problem multiple times this year and did well.

My history of following Collingwood means I am going into this match fully expecting to lose. But I'm just gonna enjoy the build up and ride the experience til the end.

When is good luck going to bestow us before a GF? I can't remember ever having much luck before a GF, compared to the opponent.
We are playing an intestate team on our home ground that has recently struggled there.

We can’t complain

Who's in our bottom six?

Lipinski? Ginnivan? WHE? Maybe Markov? Cameron in bad form?
I would say for GF and just my view. It’s normally the ones that are in and out of team or likely on chopping block so maybe the below:
Lipinski
Ginni ( only because he has been playing as sub)
WHE
Markov
Frampton
Cameron

You could come up for issues for most teams in every grand final.
Again, missing the point, we always ALWAYS have hurdles going into the game, usually MORE SO than the opposition.

When ARE WE going to have better luck than the opposition? Which is rarer than our flags.
My history of following Collingwood means I am going into this match fully expecting to lose.
Then why bother? Is this something so can comfort yourself when we lose them? Don't you get tired of losing GFs'?

For mine, I've witnessed 9 losses 2 wins and 2 draws. Even Saints fans have less pain than that. So I've learnt steely resolve.

Better than 'meh we'll probably lose, oh well'

The point is, everything seems to be going in bris favour, full team to select from

Not in favour for us, the weather, tell me 29 deg is ideal for a team that trains and plays mostly between 5 and 20 deg. Suits them more than us.

We have two needed players out.

I swear every time we play a GF the opposition is always, always more favoured with things like injury, weather, whatever.
Don’t be a Debbie Downer. Enjoy the week! We’ve overcome adversity all year.

Again, missing the point, we always ALWAYS have hurdles going into the game, usually MORE SO than the opposition.

When ARE WE going to have better luck than the opposition? Which is rarer than our flags.

Then why bother? Is this something so can comfort yourself when we lose them? Don't you get tired of losing GFs'?

For mine, I've witnessed 9 losses 2 wins and 2 draws. Even Saints fans have less pain than that. So I've learnt steely resolve.

Better than 'meh we'll probably lose, oh well'
When the final siren sounds and we’ve won sweet 16 we will have better luck 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back