Preview The Grand Final - Hawks vs Swans - teams and match discussion etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Burger needs to spend more time in the midfield. They don't call him Silk for nothing. He could really be the key to winning this game if he can get his chance in the middle and produce some clearances.

Agree completely. Has the ability to find space where there isn't space and his silky ball use out of the middle is just what's needed. I think with Hodge in the side, playing off the halfback line, it should allow Silk some more time in the guts.

Agree with the call for more Burger action in the middle. He's given us exactly what we've needed when we've needed it most in recent times - most notably, against the Crows on Sat night - out of the middle; and similarly against the Swans a month ago. His dominance in the second quarter (together with Buddy's) is what got us back in the game.

Tends to spend a bit more time down back when Hodge is out, but with our captain back in doing his thing across half back - would love to see him dominate out of the middle on Saturday.

I think Burger needs to spend more time in the midfield. They don't call him Silk for nothing. He could really be the key to winning this game if he can get his chance in the middle and produce some clearances.

I think he will in the Grand Final. Last week with Goo, Whitecross and Hodge out, he was required elsewhere for longer stretches than I reckon Clarko would have liked.

I see this grand final has 4 Umpires making their debuts. Field umpires, Matt Stevic and Simon Meredith, boundary umpire Rob Haala and goal umpire Chelsea Roffey.

Stevic has not been kind to the Hawks this year. He single handedly brought West Coast back into the game in round 23 with the free kicks he paid.

Hopefully the game is not influenced by umpiring decisions, and is purely a contest between the players.

Hopefully the game is not influenced by umpiring decisions, and is purely a contest between the players.
Just hope they don't over umpire and pay too many free kicks. All these frees for incidental contact (e.g. back, high) are infuriating. At the same time, we need to make sure we don't give them away (i.e. crashing into the pack when the opposition bloke is going nowhere).

I don't care what the umps do as long as they are consistent in applying the rules for the day to both sides. McBurney & McInerny must be spewin they didn't get the big gig with the hawks playing. Sitting in the outer with Goldspink - lovin it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the call for more Burger action in the middle. He's given us exactly what we've needed when we've needed it most in recent times - most notably, against the Crows on Sat night - out of the middle; and similarly against the Swans a month ago. His dominance in the second quarter (together with Buddy's) is what got us back in the game.

Tends to spend a bit more time down back when Hodge is out, but with our captain back in doing his thing across half back - would love to see him dominate out of the middle on Saturday.

Agree Burger helped to win the Preliminary Final on Saturday, but watching the last quarter again I thought his accountability on Dangerfield was surprisingly low. Dangerfield got some seriously clean centre clearances. Clarko's roll of the dice?

Agree Burger helped to win the Preliminary Final on Saturday, but watching the last quarter again I thought his accountability on Dangerfield was surprisingly low. Dangerfield got some seriously clean centre clearances. Clarko's roll of the dice?

Our entire team accountability was terrible, we played Russian Roulette and nearly got our heads blown off.

Only games I can think of where it was seriously wet was the Hawks v West Coast game where everyone kicked like shit all evening.

On a side note:

Upon listening to Essendon fans basking in Jobe Watson's Brownlow victory and having Richmond fans debate why Cotchin is now elite or why Deledio deserved his place in the AA team ahead of Mitchell and all of the other crap... As fans we should NEVER take being in a Grand Final for granted. If we can't win on Saturday it will be hard and it will be depressing but the fact that our team has risen from the ashes of 2004 to win a flag and make the finals 5 times has been a blessing for us and we should not forget what they've had to overcome as a football team to get there.

So enjoy Saturday, I want us to win more than anything else in the world, but it's important to remember that we might not play another Grand Final for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back