• Maintained

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Increased

• Open the borders

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's good politics to bring people in, support their decisions with welfare - especially if you can keep the cycle going by rewarding single mothers/punishing mothers with partners in regards to payments.

Soon enough you'll have a generation who depend on the government and you'll never lose their votes from then on - the other side literally threatens their way of life.

No. I am against them.

Fair enough, what do we do with all the Australians who lose their jobs to foreigners ? what do we do about the sky rocketing levels of unemployment ?

Also how often do you think the best person for a job in Australia is going to be a person from a 3rd world country in the middle east or north Africa ? the reality is that its just a policy that will be exploited by activists and employers.

If Australians wanted to do unskilled jobs then we wouldn't need to import unskilled labour to do them. It's pretty simple. It's not the migrant's fault that Australians are lazy, useless and entitled.

Christ, even the prospect of earning $150k a year as a labourer isn't enough. What more can you do?

True for scientists and capital owners. Not really the case for doctor and lawyers though. There is only a limited amount of them we want. Although i suppose you could argue that hiring more doctors from overseas would push down doctors wages and could push more intelligent people into science and becoming entrepreneurs. It could equally push them into not going to uni and just being an unskilled worker instead though.
Social capital theory also assumes the existence of a trickle down effect, the likes of which I’m yet to be convinced.

I agree this is true right now. We were closer 10 years ago. The time may come again.

Just a far left dream not a reality.

Having high levels of imigration or a global governent means you change western civilsation into something backwards which is good for no one rich or poor. I as a wealthy person understand this.

The right want to conserve western civilisation while the left want to tear it down.

Immigration is not something you can just reverse with new policies or a new leader. It's not like taxes, or interest rates where you can just chop and change depending on the situation or who's in charge.

Once you let in a group of people, they, and their descendants are here for life. And if you let in the wrong people, you run the very real risk of ****ing up your country beyond redemption PERMANENTLY. Then again, maybe that's the whole idea.

For the record, I am pro-skilled, business, investment migration. I am opposed to refugees or asylum seekers. Sorry, but there's better ways to help them as a collective rather than admitting them into a country as asylum seekers.

Last edited:
Social capital theory also assumes the existence of a trickle down effect, the likes of which I’m yet to be convinced.
Explain why taxi drivers get far more real income in developed economies then they do in developing economies despite their jobs being exactly the same. We are talking multiple times more in terms of real spending power.

The answer is the trickle down effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain why taxi drivers get far more real income in developed economies then they do in developing economies despite their jobs being exactly the same. We are talking multiple times more in terms of real spending power.

The answer is the trickle down effect.

On the flip side of the coin they’re not saddled with the high cost of living experienced in the developed world.

On the flip side of the coin they’re not saddled with the high cost of living experienced in the developed world.
Ok do you understand what real incomes mean? Its income adjusted for the cost of living. Developed economy taxi drivers real incomes are multiple times higher than in developing economies. Their lives are far better from an economic standpoint. Even more so when you add on top the better government services available in developed economies.

Ok do you understand what real incomes mean? Its income adjusted for the cost of living. Developed economy taxi drivers real incomes are multiple times higher than in developing economies. Their lives are far better from an economic standpoint. Even more so when you add on top the better government services available in developed economies.
Arguably shows where the skill is rated in each economy/society.

Nearly everyone can drive here. Whoop-de-do.

Just a far left dream not a reality.

Having high levels of imigration or a global governent means you change western civilsation into something backwards which is good for no one rich or poor. I as a wealthy person understand this.

The right want to conserve western civilisation while the left want to tear it down.
People used to say that about the notions of countries. Just a far off dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics The Immigration Debate

Back