Competitions The JAG-a-Goalkicker Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

When do we need to make our picks by?

I'll go Tippo (Wright (SUB Petrenko (Porp)))

So if my understanding of the brackets is correct, my pick is Tippo unless he pulls out of the game, at which point it's Wright, but if he's a sub it's Petrenko, but if he's out it's Porp. Right?

When do we need to make our picks by?
Needs to be in before the first bounce.

I'll go Tippo (Wright (SUB Petrenko (Porp)))

So if my understanding of the brackets is correct, my pick is Tippo unless he pulls out of the game, at which point it's Wright, but if he's a sub it's Petrenko, but if he's out it's Porp. Right?
Not sure if this was an attempt at humour but I'm no mood for fun and games sorry :p

If genuine then here is the explanation.

You just pick two players. There will not be three. Four is right out.

Just a goal kicker and a back up. Your back up comes in if your goal kicker pulls out, plus if you want you can add the three letter word "SUB" to your back up choice which means he comes in if your goal kicker starts as the sub.

Callinan (Dangerfield)
The B Sharps...

waaaah... you're all under arrest

HBQ6.JPG

Nice try!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just pick two players. There will not be three. Four is right out.

Just a goal kicker and a back up. Your back up comes in if your goal kicker pulls out, plus if you want you can add the three letter word "SUB" to your back up choice which means he comes in if your goal kicker starts as the sub.
So if you put "SUB" then you're covered if your first guy starts as a sub or if he pulls out of the squad? And there are no safeties for the backups then am I right? So just make sure our plan B is a sure thing to be selected, I guess

So if you put "SUB" then you're covered if your first guy starts as a sub or if he pulls out of the squad? And there are no safeties for the backups then am I right? So just make sure our plan B is a sure thing to be selected, I guess

Yep exactly, make sure your sub/late withdrawal cover is guaranteed to play :thumbsu:

Now i have an immunity card up my sleeve might go out on a bit of a limb...

Scotty 'Guns' Thompson (SUB Walker)

No parachute, eh? Fortune favours the brave.

Yes and yes to the two questions.

And yeah, no back ups for the back ups. Cos then we'd need back ups for the back up back ups and... etc. I can't be bothered typing all that out.

If both your goal kicker and your chosen back up pull out then that is truly unlucky and you just weren't meant to win.

Thanks - I was hoping it would work. I appreciate the acknowledgement of my effort!
Well you did force me to go back to the selections... scroll through the thread until I found your original post to check I hadn't made a mistake... go to the afl.com.au website to double check if Mackay actually hadn't scored a goal... so if that was your plan, mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The JAG-a-Goalkicker Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back