Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Last time I made a game day thread we won so I’m hoping I continue the good luck and we get a win.

I want to get excited about the return of Naughton and another week of continuity into Dunkley but then I remember who else Bevo has brought in this week. And I now want to pull whatever little hair I have left out of my scalp and scream into a pillow. I’m sure that will happen by the 10 minute mark of the 2nd quarter.

Go doggies !!

BigFooty Bulldogs Tipping comp:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope I’m wrong but have a gut feeling this will play out similar to the Port Adelaide game , dominate in the middle and forward 50 entries but fail to capitalise . Tight contest until they score 3-4 quick goals via rebound over the back and then we drop our heads . Play well in the 4th bringing the score close but to little to late

prove me wrong boys

Hope I’m wrong but have a gut feeling this will play out similar to the Port Adelaide game , dominate in the middle and forward 50 entries but fail to capitalise . Tight contest until they score 3-4 quick goals via rebound over the back and then we drop our heads . Play well in the 4th bringing the score close but to little to late

prove me wrong boys
I needn’t bother watching it now.

I can't say I've watched too many Brisbane games. Stef Martin out is helpful. How does Oscar McInerney go in the ruck? I expect English to beat him around the ground, but can the hit outs be neutralised?

If anything, we at least look like having a forward line that can kick a score:

Lloyd Bruce Wallis
Mclean Naughton Dale

Each of these guys is capable of kicking a few, along with Vandermeer and Richards
Bit of a Celtic theme going on with the names in that forward line (or should I say vanguard). "Nemo me impune lacessit" - No one "cuts" (attacks) me with impunity.

I have no interest in this game yet here I am. I hate myself.
Congratulations.
You have reached the 5th plane of Bulldog consciousness - self-loathing.

Carry on grasshopper. With a little more discipline and timely self-flagellation you can achieve an even deeper understanding of the mystic soul of the RW&B.

Who knows, you may even become one of the chosen few who are able to reach out and touch Dog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

prove me wrong boys
Think it will play out a little differently against the Lions, with Naughts in it won't be so easy for Bruce too be double teamed or our second non threatening forwards defender to sag off and intercept mark.
The big question for us is will we work hard enough to lock it in forward. To give us quality repeat entries and not allow an easy springboard from defence.
Not expecting miracles from Naughts just hoping to make his defender accountable to open some space for us!!

Odds that Cordy will be given the job on Cameron? Likely imo. Believe he did it last time at least for portions of the game.

As Naughton is first game back.He should be full forward with less running.
I would like to see Bruce and Dale giving him space.
And leading to the flanks and wings.
With Naughton owning the corridor.
If l see Bruce standing next to him the whole game.We not only lose.But the forward coach should be held accountable
If we get slaughtered.

As Naughton is first game back.He should be full forward with less running.
I would like to see Bruce and Dale giving him space.
And leading to the flanks and wings.
With Naughton owning the corridor.
If l see Bruce standing next to him the whole game.We not only lose.But the forward coach should be held accountable
If we get slaughtered.

I'd like to see Bruce and Naughton constantly flying for the same ball and spoiling each other. I have a feeling that I'll get my wish too.

Its hard to see us winning this one, we would need for everything to go our way. We finally get Astro back but he will be underdone and goes up against possible the the number one defender in Andrews that is Harris not Dan (he is to busy trying to defend himself and the state). At least that gives Bruce a chop out. Bailey Dale hopefully is a plus but he needs to be a reason why hit the scoreboard rather than looking good when we are well on top in games.

Charlie is a big worry especially without Crozier time for JJ to redeem himself from last week. They also look better on paper with Rich in and what are the odds they kick better this week. We know we will get good games from Libba and McCrae and we need for the Bont to produce his last quarter against Port for the whole game. I will refrain from mentioning the selection of another G train it is just to baffling.

Never give up hope and will be barracking hard as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back