Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the premier league big clubs-
Man City- Puma
Man United- Adidas
Liverpool- Nike
Arsenal- Adidas
Chelsea- Nike
Spurs- Nike

Others clubs are Hummel, Umbro, Kappa, Under Armour & Umbro. All OK.

Where is Castore? Rumoured to be doing kits for Newcastle and Wolves next year. They are hardly alpha clubs.

We are an alpha club. So we should wear alpha club kit.

Man City- Puma
Man United- Adidas
Liverpool- Nike
Arsenal- Adidas
Chelsea- Nike
Spurs- Nike

Where is Castore? Rumoured to be doing kits for Newcastle and Wolves next year. They are hardly alpha clubs.

I'm on onboard this train of thought; reckon we should go for NASA for our next apparel partner.

Man City- Puma Man United- Adidas Liverpool- Nike Arsenal- Adidas Chelsea- Nike Spurs- Nike

Rangers in Scotland is about it.

Man City- Puma
Man United- Adidas
Liverpool- Nike
Arsenal- Adidas
Chelsea- Nike
Spurs- Nike

It’s been posted on bigfooty there’s not much money in footy kit sponsorship anynore tho and hence why smaller companies have had clubs such as us, Collingwood,Essendon, Adelaide, Sydney and Richmond over the last few years

It’s been posted on bigfooty there’s not much money in footy kit sponsorship anynore tho and hence why smaller companies have had clubs such as us, Collingwood,Essendon, Adelaide, Sydney and Richmond over the last few years

Especially considering the Eagles market is basically 1 medium sized city (say 60% of the football following public) - and the team jumper specifically is not even that popular a merchandise item - think how many folk you see at games wearing a team jumper? - it’s not that common. Other side of the country you can’t give the jumper/other merch away, even in footy mad cities like Melbourne. Forget Sydney or Brisbane!

We might consider ourselves a big fish in terms of money etc in the league but to a massive company like Nike and Adidas - and seemingly even Puma, it’s a drop in the ocean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially considering the Eagles market is basically 1 medium sized city (say 60% of the football following public) - and the team jumper specifically is not even that popular a merchandise item - think how many folk you see at games wearing a team jumper? - it’s not that common. Other side of the country you can’t give the jumper/other merch away, even in footy mad cities like Melbourne. Forget Sydney or Brisbane!

We might consider ourselves a big fish in terms of money etc in the league but to a massive company like Nike and Adidas - and seemingly even Puma, it’s a drop in the ocean.

See also: AFL videogames :(

Do you think the lack of a long sleeve adult guernsey is one of the reasons?

I personally would snap one up tomorrow if I could buy a long sleeve guernsey. Especially if it was acrylic woollen fabric.

A sleeveless worn alone is too cold and above a long sleeved top looks silly.

Always frustrated me that when I played amateurs that I had to wear a sleeveless over a long sleeve shirt as the club had no long sleeve guernseys.

My arms being too skinny to expose!

That said, I own multiple Fulham shirts and wouldn’t wear them to a game due to the cold.

But they are t shirts rather than sleeveless. Sleeveless requires a certain body and screams bogan.

Do you think the lack of a long sleeve adult guernsey is one of the reasons?

I personally would snap one up tomorrow if I could buy a long sleeve guernsey. Especially if it was acrylic woollen fabric.

A sleeveless worn alone is too cold and above a long sleeved top looks silly.

Always frustrated me that when I played amateurs that I had to wear a sleeveless over a long sleeve shirt as the club had no long sleeve guernseys.

My arms being too skinny to expose!

That said, I own multiple Fulham shirts and wouldn’t wear them to a game due to the cold.

But they are t shirts rather than sleeveless. Sleeveless requires a certain body and screams bogan.

I think it’s probably even a ‘fashion’ thing - English football tops (especially in the 90s), NBA jerseys etc have a bit of a following for casual wear - but if you saw someone over 12 at a shopping centre wearing an AFL jumper (long sleeve or otherwise), well...personally I’d wonder what was wrong with them...

I think it’s probably even a ‘fashion’ thing - English football tops (especially in the 90s), NBA jerseys etc have a bit of a following for casual wear - but if you saw someone over 12 at a shopping centre wearing an AFL jumper (long sleeve or otherwise), well...personally I’d wonder what was wrong with them...

I'm going to the game later that day OK :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

The Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back