Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno about this. Melbourne people came out of the woodwork in 2018 and we seemed to have the lions share of 90k crowds in both our MCG finals. Reckon our MCC representation will help us out a bit and if we sold all our GA tickets to members I think it will be pretty even.
Have Collingwood ever played a game without majority crowd lol. They have about 40x more fans than us

That's a classic Kingy take he's pulled out of his arse on the spot with no real thought.

Collingwood got to play an away final last year against Geelong at the MCG plus they get the best h&a fixture of any team every single year, they've got nothing to complain about.
Interesting, yes I don't recall him saying anything like that last year. What if Carlton finished 4th? Would he be saying that or would he be saying some like 'nothing is bigger than Carlton vs Collingwood' Just an all round dumb comment.

Have Collingwood ever played a game without majority crowd lol. They have about 40x more fans than us
Doesn't really matter if they're locked out of the ground. A lot of their supporters would have missed out.

Dunno about this. Melbourne people came out of the woodwork in 2018 and we seemed to have the lions share of 90k crowds in both our MCG finals. Reckon our MCC representation will help us out a bit and if we sold all our GA tickets to members I think it will be pretty even.

Probably yeah, 70% bit excessive.

I hope you're right. This will be the biggest crowd any of our players have played in front of I'd say, I reckon it'll be a monster even on a Thursday night.

Probably yeah, 70% bit excessive.

I hope you're right. This will be the biggest crowd any of our players have played in front of I'd say, I reckon it'll be a monster even on a Thursday night.
Will be 95k at least you'd think.

Mid 90s would be the minimum the AFL and MCG want, at least unlike the home and away where they expected near 90k campaigners will rock up to a final

Thursday night finals don't feel the same yet for me. I'd rather the AFL roll with the Friday and use the Sunday for the last final... idk i miss day finals in general. Just give me some red footy finals (none of that yellow 3:20pm crap either)

It's a fair point but we were also finals starved for 12 years at that point.

People still love going to finals don't get me wrong, but a lot of people did everything in their power to make it to those finals. Whereas now it's still a big deal, but the supporter base isn't as starved

Mid 90s would be the minimum the AFL and MCG want, at least unlike the home and away where they expected near 90k campaigners will rock up to a final

Thursday night finals don't feel the same yet for me. I'd rather the AFL roll with the Friday and use the Sunday for the last final... idk i miss day finals in general. Just give me some red footy finals (none of that yellow 3:20pm crap either)
There's definitely been classic games during both night and day, but I feel the best ones imo are day ones. To me 97 and 99 come to mind. 97 is probably my all time favourite, still remember going with my friends family as they were inspecting houses, meanwhile the car radio had the drama unfolding.

They'll have 70% of the crowd anyway so its irrelevant.
ticket sales get spilt 50/50 between the clubs, mcc will be in favour of us, AFL members will be in favour of the Pies.

ticket sales get spilt 50/50 between the clubs, mcc will be in favour of us, AFL members will be in favour of the Pies.
I was going to make a quip about it depends what day is Centrelink payments day because that would dictate the ability of Colllingwood’s fan base to purchase a ticket. But I’m not elitist, and my butler advised me against it.

Remember being amazed at how many dees supporters there were for those two finals in 2018, lining up outside the MCC and I was like 'who are all these dees and where have they been all this time?'. Our crowds haven't been nearly as good since, but we have plenty of support, hopefully they come out again, we do need it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember being amazed at how many dees supporters there were for those two finals in 2018, lining up outside the MCC and I was like 'who are all these dees and where have they been all this time?'. Our crowds haven't been nearly as good since, but we have plenty of support, hopefully they come out again, we do need it.

100%, I'll give credit to our fans , we absolutely do turn out at finals time and are loud. This has been a constant theme during my life, dating back to the 90's

Dees fans be like:

In many ways, I prefer being at the 9k-against-Adelaide-on-a-rainy-Sunday games.

Id love a Jeff Garlett in our side now.

The atmosphere next Thursday night is gonna be electric. I cant wait to feel it thru my TV. :hearteyes:
I'm considering waking the missus up to watch the game with me, she's become a sorta fan of it and I need someone else to experience the noise that place is gonna make it. If it's a close game holy **** hook this shit up to my veins. As much as I wanted the easy final etc etc. Give me the biggest game of our life to enjoy for now.

I'm considering waking the missus up to watch the game with me, she's become a sorta fan of it and I need someone else to experience the noise that place is gonna make it. If it's a close game holy * hook this s**t up to my veins. As much as I wanted the easy final etc etc. Give me the biggest game of our life to enjoy for now.

If she doesn't get up just be really loud watching it and wake her up.

Was thinking about this the other day, which Roos era player would I want in our current side. 14/15 Bernie Vince was who I settled on. If it was for this one off September though I’d take pedo, he’s exactly what we need.

There are plenty we could use. Good call on Pedo, Watts would be ****ing handy too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back