Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, there is some major salt in that post. I ******* love it, haha. You can just tell how furiously he mashed the keyboard into a broken mess typing that one out.

Odds are fairly high he's a compulsive self-googler so ends up here quite a bit. We should make sure we use his actual name - Damian Barrett - occasionally to make sure of it.

When more secure journos get things wrong, they just let it go and hope no one notices. Others continue the conversation in a cowardly passive manner.

so how does Barrett write this about Hawthorn's recruiting ... the Hawks are preparing for another 'wow, just how did they get that guy?' type of recruit in the next two weeks. But never complains about their bottomless pit of millionaire stars?? Has he got OCD and is obsessesed with Port Adelaide. It smacks of Port didn't treat him nicely and he's never forgotten.

I want to see him lose the plot completely, on air. I think our club can give him a good nudge in that direction.

I reckon he'll have a Frank Grimes moment of lunacy.

"I can draft and retain top tier players because I'm Port Adel-ayayayay"

I mean, he even looks like him.

10671927_ori.jpg
c.jpg

What he needs to understand is that we have guys here who are committed to winning, together. That requires personal and financial sacrifice. For some reason he's lumped us in with the clubs that need to overpay to retain and attract guys.

Drum roll please.. The Purple Headed Flog strikes again
Next week on Barretts sliding doors

Port Adelaide: If any Port fans tweet me....Then I'll block them.

I reckon he'll have a Frank Grimes moment of lunacy.

"I can draft and retain top tier players because I'm Port Adel-ayayayay"

I mean, he even looks like him.

10671927_ori.jpg
c.jpg

He should really be holding a typewriter, not a football. As if he's ever laced a boot in his life.

He should really be holding a typewriter, not a football. As if he's ever laced a boot in his life.

He looks like the kinda kid any AFL footballer would have beaten up back in school.

I feel like most of the AFL journos are really just kids who never had the athleticism/coordination/swagger(?) to play with the big boys.

It's the stupidest argument.

Even if there's truth to Port's salary cap bursting (which there isn't) 3/4 of the list would be out the door before Hartlett.

His head annoys me more that anything

He just comes across as a guy who tries way too hard. His entire look appears carefully cultivated, he craves the adulation and adoration of the game's "cool kids" (a group we don't belong to), and he dismisses all negative speak about him, hence the blocking of anyone who has anything even remotely negative to say about him on Twitter. He's a strange cat.

Barrett is a North Melbourne supporter. He would look at their list and think "All we need is some class to complement our grunt".

Then he looks over at our list and says "These guys have too much class"...and puts two and two together to make five. Especially when teams like Gold Coast and GWS are leaking players due to the salary cap and we are signing Dixon.

I think he might be surprised as to how well we have tiered our list management.

Can someone please remind me how I can access Press Reader, for free, using the library card code? Can't remember the sequence or starting numeral. With thanks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see him lose the plot completely, on air. I think our club can give him a good nudge in that direction.
Maybe if Port were to attract Barrett's favourite North Melbourne player to Alberton, that would do the trick.

He looks like the kinda kid any AFL footballer would have beaten up back in school.

I feel like most of the AFL journos are really just kids who never had the athleticism/coordination/swagger(?) to play with the big boys.

I don't think that's a bad thing though in fairness. Not everyone could play footy. I'm hopeless at kicking but can take a decent mark. But I wouldn't last a second on that field. Doesn't mean I can't still have knowledge about it.

I don't think that's a bad thing though in fairness. Not everyone could play footy. I'm hopeless at kicking but can take a decent mark. But I wouldn't last a second on that field. Doesn't mean I can't still have knowledge about it.

Nah, totally, just having a jab at Barrett really but in all honesty, I would be that kid too. I played football for one year in the second grade and that was the end of that lol. Love the sport but far too uncoordinated to ever play it. But that's why Barrett looks bloody silly with that footy in his hand - he ain't fooling anyone.

Holy shit, the Quadzilla call was amazing, and then sure enough, to see it liked by the man himself. Brilliant. Love ya Quad.
As a poster who gets a relatively modest number of Likes, I have to say that I like Quadzilla. He/she is responsible for 20% of my Likes and makes me feel better about myself.

Looking forward to the "LAST MAN STANDING" articles
Nah he was already lined up to replace Walsh if they hadn't made finals last year. Walsh was only ever an interim coach and Worsfold was never, ever considered they have finally gotten their man. They were just waiting until he had coached in a Grand Final which they had calculated to be 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back